India-Forums

Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che!
Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che!

Lajja = Modesty = Women ?? (Page 29)

ChillHum Senior Member
ChillHum
ChillHum

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 8:44pm | IP Logged
Anyhow it just goes on to prove that everyone ends up losing coming to this mad house of BB where we voyeurs love to dissect every action and thought of theirs.
Bigg boss jahann aap jeet ke bhi haarte hain 

-Chandramukhi- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 8:47pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
ChillHum Senior Member
ChillHum
ChillHum

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Chandramukhi-

Originally posted by scofield

I agree and have time again said that he should have used those words at all. Specially sidhu who we all know has excellent command and vocabulary of the language. It was sidhu's ego on fire that time coz sapna that again questioned him.

Scoefield, I'll get back to you with the your other posts. Here I will say yes it might have been his ego. But when such gender induced statements are used to criticize someone which are filled with judgments, then it shows more about that person's thought process. Again I do not want to dwell more into Siddhu since I won't want the thread to go in that direction. But in such context, when people impose such ideas on a woman, it is technically their thought process or the fact that they want to flow with societal perception on a public platform.
No worries my friend. And i agree it might be thought process. But that vent  from an MP on national tv beats that too.All of his hard work went down the drain that moment. You dont need to dwell into sidhu. As is I'm pro-nobody and anti-nobody..They all the same to me.

On another note its funny how we all viewers[incl. me] are somewhat hypocrite in a way. Sometimes we like a contestant coz he's calm and cool but later on he becomes boring or spineless. And the ones who give us masala, what we really want, we call them psychos , deranged and all kinda names..LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Chandramukhi-

-Chandramukhi- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:04pm | IP Logged

ChillHum

TVmonk Senior Member
TVmonk
TVmonk

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:15pm | IP Logged
Chandra ji,
Double -standard mentality for women by most of the Indian men is an existing tragedy of life. They would like a beautiful, extrovert, charming, flirting wife of a friend, but when it comes to their own wife, sister, daughter etc they want a docile woman. Not only men, but even regressive women have a hand in this.
Men always want to dictate to women ,how they want them to be. Thou shall be modest, thou shalt be a doormat, thou shalt not argue with me, thou shalt not...so on and so forth...

For my part, I had decided earlier on in my life that I will not succumb to this, and I have not.Smile

This was general, now where Siddhu ji is concerned, I would not really spend time on it, bcz he has been giving pravachans left, right and centre. He gets carried away and speaks more for the effect and drama. He already said to Salman yesterday, I regret standing by Sapna. There!!!!

Sapna is a free spirit and I am proud of her. I would love to have a friend like her.Big smile
I have never defended her actions in BB house, bcz I don't judge her. I simply like her. No reason, just that she has loads of guts to stand against the world and live life on her terms. I am sure men find her a threat.LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ChillHumSarkar-Chandramukhi-

naneta IF-Rockerz
naneta
naneta

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dexterkilaila

Originally posted by naneta

<font size="4">i dnt find anythng wrong with the word lajja used by Sidhu ji...</font>
<font size="4">no matter how modern we become but there is always a sharam or lajja in front of our elders..</font>

<font size="4">this is wat Sidhu ji meant..</font>

That makes no sense. If the elder is an ass, I assure you there will no "sharam" or "Lajja" from my side only invectives.

@bold
u r saying this for Sidhuji...well watever i said is my belief..and the wrds u r using for Sidhu ji shows ur belief..so chll

blackie IF-Dazzler
blackie
blackie

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Chandramukhi-

So discuss away do you agree or disagree with such stereotypical statement "Women's real ornament is Lajja (Modesty)"

Originally posted by *king*

Sidhu: Aa jo kuch bhi kar rahi thi woh rule thod hi rahi thi. physcical violence ke ghaav bhar jaate hain Sapna yeh baat yaad rakh. Lekin kyun ke tum choti ho, Sidhu tumhe vachan bhad hain. Iska yeh matlab nahin Sidhu pathar(stone) ka bana hua hain yah niketan pathar ka hain yah yeh duniya pathar ka hain ki tum kisi se bhi kisi waqt oonchi awaaz mein chahe woh Salman ho, Sidhu ho, chahe woh niketan ho. kisi waqt bhi bulaalogi aur woh women empowerment hain. Woh women emowerment nahin hain. Kyun ke woh auraton ke liye ek galat example hain. Aur auart ka sab se bada aabhusha hain Sapna aaj mein bade shaanth swabhav se tumhe bhol raha hu woh hain lajja. Kyunki jis aurat mein lajja naheen----ASHLEELTA HAI------------us aurat ko, kaheen naa kaheen, koi guidance ki zaroorat hai----------------isliye main tumhaare saath har jagah khada rahoonga.

*king*

Whoa. I missed this stuff in his speech. I just heard about the part that physical violence can be cured but you cannot heal the destruction caused by words. That's why I found his speech brilliant because I felt that Sapna had said a bit too much and it is easy to forgive but difficult to forget when someone abuses you.

I didn't know he said that women's ornament is 'lajja'. What crap. I strongly disagree. And I hate people who paint women this way. He also said, "Kyunki jis aurat mein lajja naheen----ASHLEELTA HAI" Holy Cow!! Again, I strongly disagree.

And here is why. I am a female and I am not modest all the time. On an average I curse and abuse 1-3 times per day. I abuse some of my professors (well, some of them deserve that) and sometimes life in general when things don't go my way. But, according to Siddhu, I should be ashamed of myself because women lose their respect if they are not modest. So, only men can get away with being immodest. This is not fair.

Second, I think ashleelta means obscenity but I don't think the antonym of modesty is obscenity. So, if I am not modest sometimes, then it means that I am obsceneOuch 

In short, Siddhu is in dire need of a good speech writer in order to avoid these political bloopers.LOL

-Chandramukhi-

guess_wh0 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:51pm | IP Logged

music_masti

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che! Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index