Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che!
Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che!

Lajja = Modesty = Women ?? (Page 25)

-Cruiser- IF-Sizzlerz
-Cruiser-
-Cruiser-

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 8:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ranjanruna

@Cruiser 1. what sidhu like in his personal life that is his choice no need to impose woman in general. 2. Yes no one like loud behaviour that should not be consider as biggest gehena a woman must have as lajja. They r just like us. simple sidhu's son said sidhu is loud and aggresive. why the same gehena he should not have. 3. How we indians judge even woman differently. we praise katrina when she groove sheela ki jawani and appriciate kids to do the same. But impose our verdict of lajja gehena to same sheela's hair stylist .

It is obvious your inference and understanding of what he meant in that quote is at complete variance from my understanding of the same.Smile

I do not urge you to reconsider your inference! In the two posts previous to yours, I have very lucidly put forth my own understanding and I am pretty satisfied with what he said!...You may consider me old fashioned if LAJJA is the only word that leads to that inference!
Smile

* In the two posts above yours, I have explained my reasoning absolutely clearly and have no further desire of utilizing more bandwidth space for more on the same. Each to his own!

Edited by cruiser51 - 10 November 2012 at 8:45am

-Chandramukhi- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:00am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Starktastic

Starktastic IF-Stunnerz
Starktastic
Starktastic

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:03am | IP Logged
Sorry darling I know nothing about these contestants nor the show so it's better to keep my 2 cents in my cheap pocket LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Chandramukhi-nishu786

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:08am | IP Logged

nishu786

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:12am | IP Logged

nishu786Starktastic

Starktastic IF-Stunnerz
Starktastic
Starktastic

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Chandramukhi-

Originally posted by NadzGirl...

Sorry darling I know nothing about these contestants nor the show so it's better to keep my 2 cents in my cheap pocket LOL

But my topic isn't about any contestant. I created this topic since I always keep hearing this line being used in many TV shows and movies that "Aurat ka asli gahena Lajja hain = Women's real ornament is her Modesty" So I was just trying to get people's POV whether they still agree with this outdated stereotype. Basically the discussion is about stereotypes being the typical woman or man and how it restricts people from behaving away from the societal picturization.

Oh well, I am to at least see your Casper form on my thread Wink

Oops it's not about the show? LOL Shoot!!! Casper has to run back read it properly 

Wait I'll read it and then share my 2 cents...

-Chandramukhi-nishu786

Starktastic IF-Stunnerz
Starktastic
Starktastic

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:40am | IP Logged
I'm back...

Firstly I didn't understand certain Hindi phrases/words so forgive me for that and I didn't watch the video either

Moving on to the discussion point which is about women and modesty, I think the word modesty implies to all humans in general irrespective of the gender. Perhaps it's an ancient belief or rather an unspoken expectation from women to be less superior, timid and pose a laid back attitude towards the opposite gender

I don't really get this. We live in a free world where everybody has their own freedom and equal rights. Then why holding back one selected group of people with a leash and free the rest? Women should be respected and let alone

-Chandramukhi-

naneta IF-Rockerz
naneta
naneta

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:41am | IP Logged
i dnt find anythng wrong with the word lajja used by Sidhu ji...
no matter how modern we become but there is always a sharam or lajja in front of our elders..

this is wat Sidhu ji meant..

Edited by naneta - 10 November 2012 at 9:42am

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che! Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index