Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che!
Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che!

Lajja = Modesty = Women ?? (Page 23)

arcoiris Goldie
arcoiris
arcoiris

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 8:03pm | IP Logged

[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree everyone has their own perception and standard by which they might agree or disagree with such stereotypes. And debates are never about one being right and other being wrong. They are simply exchange of thoughts.

As for the genetic make up, I can agree with physical stereotype or differences among the gender. But when it comes to being shy or modest, I don't think it has anything to do with genetic make up. That is someone's personality or how they mold themselves to fit within a society. We can even debate how genetic make up can be responsible for our personalities and so on and so forth. But that doesn't mean one shouldn't question such generalization or accept it as the face value.

And as you said, you don't find anything wrong with it, so I respect your opinion. But I myself do not agree with boxing anyone if he or she do not want to be boxed, let alone blaming the biology of male and female.
[/QUOTE]

I completely understand ur perspective..this is the reason I said nobody can be wrong or right in this debate. I was not talking about boxing someone or blaming biology as an excuse for stereotype. I just said man and woman cannot be expected to behave in a similar way on the pretext of equality because there is bound to be differences. I will copy paste what I wrote:

I know people expect a lot from women...the stereotype is inbred in mind in all the cultures. Women are expected to have more manners and behave ladylike. That is not going to change any soon and this is the reason why women like Sapna appear as misfit. I believe women can portray themselves as strong, independent kind without losing their modesty. We are all guilty of this stereotypes...many of us get turned-off by men who seem effeminate and not
aggressive enough. So it's ok to look for different qualities in different gender. We talk about equality but in the end it's a fact man and woman can't be expected to behave in same way ( hormonal makeup is different dear one has more of estrogen and other testosteroneGeek

Edited by saloni111 - 09 November 2012 at 8:04pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Chandramukhi-nishu786

mistyi Goldie
mistyi
mistyi

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 8:19pm | IP Logged
Well I agree with your post but I think what he meant was a woman is always known to be polite, kind, etc and thats why women are respected so she should maintain that.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Chandramukhi-

-Chandramukhi- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 8:20pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

arcoiris

nishu786 IF-Sizzlerz
nishu786
nishu786

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 9:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by saloni111

I completely understand ur perspective..this is the reason I said nobody can be wrong or right in this debate. I was not talking about boxing someone or blaming biology as an excuse for stereotype. I just said man and woman cannot be expected to behave in a similar way on the pretext of equality because there is bound to be differences. I will copy paste what I wrote:

I know people expect a lot from women...the stereotype is inbred in mind in all the cultures. Women are expected to have more manners and behave ladylike. That is not going to change any soon and this is the reason why women like Sapna appear as misfit. I believe women can portray themselves as strong, independent kind without losing their modesty. We are all guilty of this stereotypes...many of us get turned-off by men who seem effeminate and not
aggressive enough. So it's ok to look for different qualities in different gender. We talk about equality but in the end it's a fact man and woman can't be expected to behave in same way ( hormonal makeup is different dear one has more of estrogen and other testosteroneGeek

One of the best post in entire thread Clap...Agree with most points,but still i think Modesty funda applicable on both men & women...& Men should not think only women should have modesty.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

divinity11arcoiris

arcoiris Goldie
arcoiris
arcoiris

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 9:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nishu786

Originally posted by saloni111

One of the best post in entire thread Clap...Agree with most points,but still i think Modesty funda applicable on both men & women...& Men should not think only women should have modesty.

Thank you NishuHugHug

nishu786

chocobear IF-Rockerz
chocobear
chocobear

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
Ok chandramukhijee I finally managed to read the first postPartyI loved how siddhu tried to explain her and make her see the faults but I didn't like it when he said Lajja he aurat ka gehna hain or something like that. That was a sexist statement. Oh come on Siddhu ji, I expected something better from you. Why is it that men get away with a potty mouth but when a women uses a cuss word all hell breaks loose. Why? Why are men free to do anything while the women have to think twice thrice before doing even a simple thing? India can never progress thanks to the mentality of majority of Indians. Why do you expect modesty, humbleness, politeness from a girl and not a boy? A boy can go an abuse anyone-Heck they can even abuse a girl left right and centre, molest her, pass lewd remarks and those are all okay. Nothing seems wrong then only if a girl does anything that is against the norms of the society, all hell breaks loosePinch

-Chandramukhi-

ReallyCool IF-Sizzlerz
ReallyCool
ReallyCool

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
I agree with Sidhuji for part he addressed to Sapna n said as it is but true that generalisation of women thing was wrong but to what she behave n said manythings on him in personal attack yeh mu thod jawab tha! I dont think he meant it as to any other at all tho it seemed that way at the end, its only to her! And the sentence that was most hard hitting was the last1 & Wow He was hurt tho he didnt show that day when she abused him! So if it was some1else I would have said its v wrong but coz its sapna coz she did such to more than 1 person so Im just kinda neutral about it! She herself abused another woman urvashi n on more too! And Sapna is oldest of all women in bbhouse but Way sapna behaved is not general meaning of liberal women too..aggression & outrageous behaviour is equally wrong between men n women! If a guy did what she did that day, it would have become huge national hysteria but she was spared like nothing happened!

About modesty in general is not just a womens prorogative, men r equally liable too!

Edited by DiviNitya - 09 November 2012 at 11:46pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

music_mastiANNMT.-Chandramukhi-

devilish_angel IF-Rockerz
devilish_angel
devilish_angel

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
Stereotypes are something that our society isn't ready to leaveDead...it's just not sidhu many other random "aunties" also speak against sapnaOuch...why?!...because she is a tom-boy (she is right?ConfusedLOL) fine a women looks quite nice with grace and all that royal stuff but that doesn't mean everyone women has to be the same...and since when did someone lose their modesty because of shoutingShockedConfused

PS : if modesty is the ornament of women..what is the ornament of men??TongueLOL

-Chandramukhi-

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che! Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index