Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che!

India-Forums

Lajja = Modesty = Women ?? (Page 22)

-Chandramukhi- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 5:01pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

arcoiris

arcoiris Goldie
arcoiris
arcoiris

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 5:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Chandramukhi-

Originally posted by saloni111

Hi Chandu...ur thread is a hitStar. Ok saw the video...He should not have mentioned that old saying otherwise he seemed bang on in his speech. He was hurt and wanted to express. I know people expect a lot from women...the stereotype is inbred in mind in all the cultures. Women are expected to have more manners and behave ladylike. That is not going to change any soon and this is the reason why women like Sapna appear as misfit. I believe women can portray themselves as strong, independent kind without losing their modesty. We are all guilty of this stereotypes...many of us get turned-off by men who seem effeminate and not
aggressive enough. So it's ok to look for different qualities in different gender. We talk about equality but in the end it's a fact man and woman can't be expected to behave in same way ( hormonal makeup is different dear one has more of estrogen and other testosteroneGeek.

@Bold: Thumbs Up

@Red: Agreed again that we all are guilty of stereotypes and we all get judgmental when we see someone not fiting our criteria of how a man or woman should act.

@Blue: Yes it is completely justified for men and women to be different because of genetic make up. Not questioning that at all. And about being turned-off if a men doesn't fit the testosterone criteria, is something subjective and personal, again a stereotype. Equality amongst men and women to have the freedom to do what he or she desires without being bogged down by such stereotypes doesn't mean we aren't ready to accept the fact that both genders are different for the obvious reasons. My point and objection arises when men or women, who are different get restricted by such perception to cut off the wings of freedom. I dislike when people use such tags to tell the world how a woman should act. If she is heard shouting or using foul language, she gets thrown off from the pedestal for not being the cliched woman. Why should she be tagged by such words for showing a different shade of a human being, which also includes aggression and use of foul language.

As I said we are all guilty of stereotypes which is ingrained in our mind. In one of the uncensored videos Sapna in her conversation with Mink said she doesn't find Niketan man enoughConfusedConfused because he seems so quite. So the woman who claims to be free; herself is chained by such thoughts in her own mind. Watch the video till end.

Edited by saloni111 - 09 November 2012 at 5:10pm

-Chandramukhi-

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 5:27pm | IP Logged

Sarkar Goldie
Sarkar
Sarkar

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 5:29pm | IP Logged

I totally throw the Lajja and Ashleel crap.if it is described just for a women to hold it. there was no need to generalize it with whole woman community .

I agree Sapna needs some behavioural classes for sure.

Sidhu ji ko pooja mishra aur sky se milao , I want to see how he deals with both of them.
both P.M and SKY are Alag che.LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Chandramukhi-Chameli_billi

arcoiris Goldie
arcoiris
arcoiris

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 5:36pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by saloni111

@Bold: Thumbs Up

@Red: Agreed again that we all are guilty of stereotypes and we all get judgmental when we see someone not fiting our criteria of how a man or woman should act.

@Blue: Yes it is completely justified for men and women to be different because of genetic make up. Not questioning that at all. And about being turned-off if a men doesn't fit the testosterone criteria, is something subjective and personal, again a stereotype. Equality amongst men and women to have the freedom to do what he or she desires without being bogged down by such stereotypes doesn't mean we aren't ready to accept the fact that both genders are different for the obvious reasons. My point and objection arises when men or women, who are different get restricted by such perception to cut off the wings of freedom. I dislike when people use such tags to tell the world how a woman should act. If she is heard shouting or using foul language, she gets thrown off from the pedestal for not being the cliched woman. Why should she be tagged by such words for showing a different shade of a human being, which also includes aggression and use of foul language.

As I said we are all guilty of stereotypes which is ingrained in our mind. In one of the uncensored videos Sapna in her conversation with Mink said she doesn't find Niketan man enoughConfusedConfused because he seems so quite. So the woman who claims to be free; herself is chained by such thoughts in her own mind. Watch the video till end.

That isn't where I want to head with my topic. I am not saying Sapna has been chained by Siddhu ji's comments or that she is the epitome of women liberation. Whether she has her set of judgements or stereotypes doesn't have anything to do with my objection.

If I am raising a point that women shouldn't be tagged by such words, I will raise the same objection if I see a woman making comments about men and how they should act in general. Equality in true sense and I am also aware saying is lot easier than implementing it in our day to day life. Also, everyone has their set of opinions I, you or Sapna. So for me Sapna being guilty of such stereotypes doesn't make my objection any less. I hope you can understand what I mean.

And thanks for the video. It goes to show that stereotypes are two way and both genders are guilty of using it time to time.

Hi Chandu..in my previous post I wrote that our genetic make up is to be blamed for this stereotype. Both men and women are tagged and honestly I don't see anything is wrong with that. Debate may go on but nobody is right or wrong.

Edited by saloni111 - 09 November 2012 at 5:36pm

-Chandramukhi-

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 5:51pm | IP Logged

arcoiris

sofi84 Senior Member
sofi84
sofi84

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 7:27pm | IP Logged
Sidhu was always wrong with everything he did all these for fame..
chocobear IF-Rockerz
chocobear
chocobear

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 7:52pm | IP Logged
24 pagesShocked Baap re!! Will comment later. Too sleepy right nowLOL

arcoiris

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che! Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index