Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che!
Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che!

Lajja = Modesty = Women ?? (Page 21)

Martand IF-Dazzler
Martand
Martand

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 3:11pm | IP Logged
@Dejavu
Okay I understand..if this was a court case..I would have lost that point..I am not a good debator Embarrassed

But what I want to really say by saying all what I have said is that his behavior, doesn't matter fake or real, is the best of all, in showing how to control one self in provocative situations. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

tajbutt0o0o0o0o0oNope123

honestyfirst IF-Rockerz
honestyfirst
honestyfirst

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 3:19pm | IP Logged
wat sapna did was totally wrong n childish ...didnt u see how she behaved ...

sidhu was talking only about women not men at that time ...

wat sapna said 

sidhu is only 4 years older than me ...n respect is earned ...

wat does she means that she wont respect sidhu now for that task 

-Chandramukhi- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 3:37pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Martand IF-Dazzler
Martand
Martand

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 3:48pm | IP Logged
I thought a lot about it and I find that I do agree with the statement. Because I find a women with Lajja more beautiful and likable than one not having it. Of course this is my personal liking criteria.

So for me it is the best ornament for a woman. I have encountered both kinds and the Lajjasheel have really attracted me or earned my respect.

Please note I am not saying a man has a right to be Besharam or Nirlajj. I am only commention on the captioned sentence.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Chandramukhi-

tajbutt IF-Dazzler
tajbutt
tajbutt

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:25pm | IP Logged
I agree with Sidhu ji that a lajja is a woman's best asset.  I think we need to define what Lajja translates into.

I am a woman and in Urdu the word  Lajja is translated as SHARAM,I personally think that Sharam is a women's best ornament.

To me a perfect example of an independant woman with all qualities included Lajja is someone like Sonia Ghandi and I world never get offended if someone said I have a quality in me which is Lajja.

-Chandramukhi- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:36pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
tajbutt IF-Dazzler
tajbutt
tajbutt

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Chandramukhi-

Originally posted by tajbutt

I agree with Sidhu ji that a lajja is a woman's best asset.  I think we need to define what Lajja translates into.

I am a woman and in Urdu the word  Lajja is translated as SHARAM,I personally think that Sharam is a women's best ornament.

To me a perfect example of an independant woman with all qualities included Lajja is someone like Sonia Ghandi and I world never get offended if someone said I have a quality in me which is Lajja.

That is completely fine. And it isn't about getting offended. It is about using such old age tradition and trying to mold women as perceived my men or society in general. No issues if some fit in that category and are happy with it. Issue arises when women who try to come outta such stereotypical image keep getting blamed for being different and that they should be shackled down to a specific perception of women, which is something I do not agree with personally. No one should come around and ask someone to act according to the societal roles if he or she tries to come above the cliched gender stereotype.

I would totally disagree if Lajja is used only in the content of the old age tradition as you have specified.  To me Lajja goes hand in hand with my self independence.  All I am saying is a woman can be totally independant, stand next to any man but never lets go of her Sharam.

-Chandramukhi-

arcoiris Goldie
arcoiris
arcoiris

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:49pm | IP Logged
Hi Chandu...ur thread is a hitStar. Ok saw the video...He should not have mentioned that old saying otherwise he seemed bang on in his speech. He was hurt and wanted to express. I know people expect a lot from women...the stereotype is inbred in our  mind in all the cultures. Women are expected to have more manners and behave ladylike. That is not going to change any soon and this is the reason why women like Sapna appear as misfit. I believe women can portray themselves as strong, independent kind without losing their modesty. We are all guilty of this stereotypes...many of us get turned-off by men who seem effeminate and not
aggressive enough. So it's ok to look for different qualities in different gender. We talk about equality but in the end it's a fact man and woman can't be expected to behave in same way ( hormonal makeup is different dear one has more of estrogen and other testosteroneGeek.

Edited by saloni111 - 09 November 2012 at 4:51pm

-Chandramukhi-

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che! Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index