Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che!

Lajja = Modesty = Women ?? (Page 17)

MithiBani IF-Stunnerz
MithiBani
MithiBani

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by DejaVu.

Originally posted by MithiBani

Siddhu said...jis aurat mein lajja nahin ashleelta hai...us aurat ko guidance ki zaroorat hai. Bottomline...he thought Sapna was ashleel that day. And sadly, I agree.

Can you translate it in English? What is ashleelta and what exactly is lajja( being shy, or being modest in their appearance or being modest in general)???

Well, Lajja for a women in India is considered as being polite, not loud and not contradicting elders etc.

Ashleel means vulgar.

Like I said somewhere else, lajja hi aurat ka gehna hai crap is sooo darn old it's got anti-wrinkle cream/serum all over it. Siddhu used the wrong word. He should've just said ashleel behavior is sad and bad. Period.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12Nope123-Chandramukhi-LeadNitrate

MithiBani IF-Stunnerz
MithiBani
MithiBani

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Siddhu said...jis aurat mein lajja nahin ashleelta hai...us aurat ko guidance ki zaroorat hai. Bottomline...he thought Sapna was ashleel that day. And sadly, I agree.

I agree with his thought and intent. Sapna was in the wrong and behaving asheel. I think his only honest mistake was framing in terms of "aurat". Any insaan who is asheel, needs guidance.

Bingo!!
Nope123 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Cruiser-

-Purva- IF-Dazzler
-Purva-
-Purva-

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 1:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Martand

Originally posted by Chitrashi

OH yes  she has abused people before too. She has infamously abused Salman, calling him "someone who regularly beats up women", she has had words with Kashif, Urvashi, actually almost everyone in the house except Aseem and Siddhu, Siddhu was the last to face her outburst and Aseem thankfully is out of the house.

That's true about Salman..I won't term that as abuse..
Kashif started that unnecessary drama and she responded rightly...

But isn't it wrong to poke a finger in a blind man's eye and say "Hey you are blind".  And there is a way to say things and the extent to which you can go. spna has consistently crossed those limits and has been supported by Siddhu in all those instances. 
MithiBani IF-Stunnerz
MithiBani
MithiBani

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cruiser51

Thank God!Clap

Refreshing to see someone get the interpretation of sentence...exactly as intended in the whole long quote in question!

Sapna was crude & loud (ashleel) where as Sidhu's quote expects her to be within Lajja frame work (polite and restrained)!
Tongue

He should've used those words instead of lajja and gehna. Aaj Paaji ki dialogue delivery mein thoda nuks reh gaya. LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Chandramukhi--Cruiser-

Chameli_billi IF-Sizzlerz
Chameli_billi
Chameli_billi

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
I did not like that "asheel aurat needs guidance" part of the speech. Subtle misogyny pisses me off as much as blatant ones do. If he had framed it in any other way, I'd have  agreed with him fully. I liked his speech...I'd just take that lajja, ashleel female part out, that was overkill...he could have just said, any ashleel person needs guidance. No need to dump it all on one gender because last time I checked vulgarity ain't gender specific. 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12-Purva-Omnipotence-Cruiser-Charu21-Chandramukhi-LeadNitrate

-Cruiser- IF-Sizzlerz
-Cruiser-
-Cruiser-

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dexterkilaila

I did not like that "asheel aurat needs guidance" part of the speech. Subtle misogyny pisses me off as much as blatant ones do. If he had framed it in any other way, I'd have  agreed with him fully. I liked his speech...I'd just take that lajja, ashleel female part out, that was overkill...he could have just said, any ashleel person needs guidance. No need to dump it all on one gender because last time I checked vulgarity ain't gender specific. 

Do you know in India NO HINDI FILMS are made?Smile

What we have are HInglish films with liberal dose of Urdu words sprinkled around!Shocked

Only caricature that occasionally speaks pure Hindi in Bollywood films is a Comedian enacting a Hindi Professor's role. So every time, he says,"Kintu Shrimaan, kadachit aap koi truti kar rahe hain...", the audience goes hahahahaha!Geek

No wonder LAJJA & ASHLEEL are out of place even though they perfectly convey what he needed to dish to Sapna!Tongue

*PS: Ashleel is not a Hindi word!Tongue

Edited by cruiser51 - 09 November 2012 at 1:36pm

-Purva-sarasingh86

Chameli_billi IF-Sizzlerz
Chameli_billi
Chameli_billi

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cruiser51

Originally posted by Dexterkilaila

Do you know in India NO HINDI FILMS are made?Smile

What we have are HInglish films with liberal dose of Urdu words sprinkled around!Shocked

Only caricature that occasionally speaks pure Hindi in Bollywood films is a Comedian enacting a Hindi Professor's role. So every time, he says,"Kintu Shrimaan, kadachit aap koi truti kar rahe hain...", the audience goes hahahahaha!Geek

No wonder LAJJA & ASHLEEL are out of place even though they perfectly convey what he needed to dish to Sapna!

*PS: Ashleel is not a Hindi word!Tongue

Huh? And your point is?LOL

-Chandramukhi--Cruiser-

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che! Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index