Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: saloni111

As I said we are all guilty of stereotypes which is ingrained in our mind. In one of the uncensored videos Sapna in her conversation with Mink said she doesn't find Niketan man enough😕😕 because he seems so quite. So the woman who claims to be free; herself is chained by such thoughts in her own mind. Watch the video till end.

That isn't where I want to head with my topic. I am not saying Sapna has been chained by Siddhu ji's comments or that she is the epitome of women liberation. Whether she has her set of judgements or stereotypes doesn't have anything to do with my objection.

If I am raising a point that women shouldn't be tagged by such words, I will raise the same objection if I see a woman making comments about men and how they should act in general. Equality in true sense and I am also aware saying is lot easier than implementing it in our day to day life. Also, everyone has their set of opinions I, you or Sapna. So for me Sapna being guilty of such stereotypes doesn't make my objection any less. I hope you can understand what I mean.

And thanks for the video. It goes to show that stereotypes are two way and both genders are guilty of using it time to time.
Edited by -Chandramukhi- - 11 years ago
Sarkar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I totally throw the Lajja and Ashleel crap.if it is described just for a women to hold it. there was no need to generalize it with whole woman community .

I agree Sapna needs some behavioural classes for sure.

Sidhu ji ko pooja mishra aur sky se milao , I want to see how he deals with both of them.
both P.M and SKY are Alag che.😆
arcoiris thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Chandramukhi-

That isn't where I want to head with my topic. I am not saying Sapna has been chained by Siddhu ji's comments or that she is the epitome of women liberation. Whether she has her set of judgements or stereotypes doesn't have anything to do with my objection.

If I am raising a point that women shouldn't be tagged by such words, I will raise the same objection if I see a woman making comments about men and how they should act in general. Equality in true sense and I am also aware saying is lot easier than implementing it in our day to day life. Also, everyone has their set of opinions I, you or Sapna. So for me Sapna being guilty of such stereotypes doesn't make my objection any less. I hope you can understand what I mean.

And thanks for the video. It goes to show that stereotypes are two way and both genders are guilty of using it time to time.

Hi Chandu..in my previous post I wrote that our genetic make up is to be blamed for this stereotype. Both men and women are tagged and honestly I don't see anything is wrong with that. Debate may go on but nobody is right or wrong.
Edited by saloni111 - 11 years ago

Hi Chandu..in my previous post I wrote that our genetic make up is to be blamed for this stereotype. Both men and women are tagged and honestly I don't see anything is wrong with that. Debate may go on but nobody is right or wrong.

Yes I agree everyone has their own perception and standard by which they might agree or disagree with such stereotypes. And debates are never about one being right and other being wrong. They are simply exchange of thoughts.

As for the genetic make up, I can agree with physical stereotype or differences among the gender. But when it comes to being shy or modest, I don't think it has anything to do with genetic make up. That is someone's personality or how they mold themselves to fit within a society. We can even debate how genetic make up can be responsible for our personalities and so on and so forth. But that doesn't mean one shouldn't question such generalization or accept it as the face value.

And as you said, you don't find anything wrong with it, so I respect your opinion. But I myself do not agree with boxing anyone if he or she do not want to be boxed, let alone blaming the biology of male and female.
sofi84 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Sidhu was always wrong with everything he did all these for fame..
chocobear thumbnail
24 pages😲 Baap re!! Will comment later. Too sleepy right now😆
arcoiris thumbnail

Yes I agree everyone has their own perception and standard by which they might agree or disagree with such stereotypes. And debates are never about one being right and other being wrong. They are simply exchange of thoughts.

As for the genetic make up, I can agree with physical stereotype or differences among the gender. But when it comes to being shy or modest, I don't think it has anything to do with genetic make up. That is someone's personality or how they mold themselves to fit within a society. We can even debate how genetic make up can be responsible for our personalities and so on and so forth. But that doesn't mean one shouldn't question such generalization or accept it as the face value.

And as you said, you don't find anything wrong with it, so I respect your opinion. But I myself do not agree with boxing anyone if he or she do not want to be boxed, let alone blaming the biology of male and female.

I completely understand ur perspective..this is the reason I said nobody can be wrong or right in this debate. I was not talking about boxing someone or blaming biology as an excuse for stereotype. I just said man and woman cannot be expected to behave in a similar way on the pretext of equality because there is bound to be differences. I will copy paste what I wrote:

I know people expect a lot from women...the stereotype is inbred in mind in all the cultures. Women are expected to have more manners and behave ladylike. That is not going to change any soon and this is the reason why women like Sapna appear as misfit. I believe women can portray themselves as strong, independent kind without losing their modesty. We are all guilty of this stereotypes...many of us get turned-off by men who seem effeminate and not
aggressive enough. So it's ok to look for different qualities in different gender. We talk about equality but in the end it's a fact man and woman can't be expected to behave in same way ( hormonal makeup is different dear one has more of estrogen and other testosterone🤓

Edited by saloni111 - 11 years ago
mistyi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Well I agree with your post but I think what he meant was a woman is always known to be polite, kind, etc and thats why women are respected so she should maintain that.

I completely understand ur perspective..this is the reason I said nobody can be wrong or right in this debate. I was not talking about boxing someone or blaming biology as an excuse for stereotype. I just said man and woman cannot be expected to behave in a similar way on the pretext of equality because there is bound to be differences. I will copy paste what I wrote:

I know people expect a lot from women...the stereotype is inbred in mind in all the cultures. Women are expected to have more manners and behave ladylike. That is not going to change any soon and this is the reason why women like Sapna appear as misfit. I believe women can portray themselves as strong, independent kind without losing their modesty. We are all guilty of this stereotypes...many of us get turned-off by men who seem effeminate and not
aggressive enough. So it's ok to look for different qualities in different gender. We talk about equality but in the end it's a fact man and woman can't be expected to behave in same way ( hormonal makeup is different dear one has more of estrogen and other testosterone🤓

@Red bold: I admitted of the physical differences in my last post., So yes there will physical inequality when it comes to gender. But I still can not wrap my head around with the "Lajja" being the women's real ornament or that being shy or modest have anything to with anyone's gender. I took Siddhu's statement literally in the context he was using. Some people on the thread have their own interpretation to it. And thus they might be ok with it. But for me, I dislike when people condemn girls' action or her potty mouth for the sake of this age old stereotype. I am in no way promoting ill manners or actions, simply that there shouldn't be two rules to criticize such aggressive action of anyone based on gender generalization.

You see the topic itself is so broad, so it is better to narrow it down, or else it can go from one tangent to another. But I can see where you are coming from, but not something I can agree to it fully.
nishu786 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

One of the best post in entire thread 👏...Agree with most points,but still i think Modesty funda applicable on both men & women...& Men should not think only women should have modesty.