Users

Frequent Posters

*king* thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: Be.A.Rebel

no 1 bay

man and women dono ko apni limits me rehna chaiyeh 

Aur yeh limits kaun decide karthe hain. Agar hum khud toh problem nahin. lekin doosre karthe hain toh maamle alag hain. Ab yahaan bhi wohi hua.

*king*
Edited by *king* - 11 years ago
Originally posted by: -Chandramukhi-

And who decides those limits of course not men if I may say πŸ˜‰

No worries Munna, I got your point.

πŸ˜† wo to humein khud he decide karne chaiyeh re 
IF i m said ke  swearing is right then sab ke lye right hone chaiyeh kyun aπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  yeh anhe ke sirf mere apne lye πŸ˜›
but the main point is men and women are Equal πŸ‘πŸ‘
Edited by Be.A.Rebel - 11 years ago
*king* thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

And who decides those limits of course not men if I may say πŸ˜‰

No worries Munna, I got your point.

wah I also posted the same. wah wah dekha humare vichaar kitne milthe jhulthe hain. Upar waale ke yeh ishaare samjhu Chandi Rani. Raja aapke liye intezaar kar aha hainπŸ˜‰

*king*
tanvismile thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

That is your perception of him and justification. And that is your prerogative.

For me his thoughts are reflecting his regressive "vichardhaara" And this isn't only about him, I have heard this "Lajja" line from individuals belonging to this generation, in media, shows or movies. And that is what the point of my topic is.

My point of view was in respect of sidhuji and i m sure that sidhuji isnt gender bias,ya i agree with you that in society ,there is gender bias ,but now views are changing with time.By saying lajja they put compultions on women ,dnt wear this that and this isnt just limited to dressing.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I don't subscribe to traditional gender roles and stereotypes. Yes, modesty is a desirable trait, and all people should be modest to a certain extent. It is not the realm of women. Yes, aggression and being loud is an undesirable trait, and all people should be less aggressive and soft spoken. I think Siddhu had the absolutely right message for Sapna! But he was wrong in framing it around being a "woman" .

That being said, I'm not too miffed at him. There are two kinds of "modesty" preaching men I've come across. One kind genuinely believes that men and women are different. They seem to feel men are superior and dictate terms to women. The other kind doesn't feel women are inferior, nor do they want to preach. But they tend to conform to society, as they want to fit in not fight it. I think Siddhu is more of the latter. I don't think he genuinely subscribes to misogynist conceptions, but at the same time he is a product of his culture and conforms to it.

yeh correct  , equality  dikhaao if  girl can say   duchbags to boys then boys can say her bitch too  πŸ˜† ... equality , equality πŸ˜›
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I don't subscribe to traditional gender roles and stereotypes. Yes, modesty is a desirable trait, and all people should be modest to a certain extent. It is not the realm of women. Yes, aggression and being loud is an undesirable trait, and all people should be less aggressive and soft spoken. I think Siddhu had the absolutely right message for Sapna! But he was wrong in framing it around being a "woman" .

That being said, I'm not too miffed at him. There are two kinds of "modesty" preaching men I've come across. One kind genuinely believes that men and women are different. They seem to feel men are superior and dictate terms to women. The other kind doesn't feel women are inferior, nor do they want to preach. But they tend to conform to society, as they want to fit in not fight it. I think Siddhu is more of the latter. I don't think he genuinely subscribes to misogynist conceptions, but at the same time he is a product of his culture and conforms to it.

@bold: Excellent point and I can see how that can compel Siddhu ji to use a statement like that being on a public platform.

RTH, loved your post, you basically said it all I have been saying throughout these 11 pages
Originally posted by: dude82

actually we are completely ignoring the intentions and focussing on the words.
we should not automatically presume something which was not said.
he did not say that only women should be meek and men should be rash...(honestly this happenned is funny...πŸ˜†)
he is not saying... oh you should behave like females with lajja and not behave like men!!!
comeon people... seriously?????

prob is that jesa  cheekhna chillana , violance  in  behaviour n words  sapna ne show kiya hai in house vesa    vnha  kisi aur ne nhi kiya except kaashif , i remeber usney bhi   violance in words n  action   show kiya tha jiski jhaad   padi thi usey  ,   so ek tarah siddu   may be  situation ke accordingly bol rha hoga ...usney kaashif ko bhi samjaya  in same style so now  sapna's turn  hai
kaushikbasu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Hi I have not seen that in any episode so not sure when he said it and did he had any prelude or post statement actions or words. But going strictly by what I read here, like most I agree to what people say. Most of his statement was absolutely correct except the last portion. But I have seen even the woman using terms in public platforms like "wo to auroton ki tarah chugli kart a hai". or "wo to auraton ki tarah chhup ke baitha hai."  What I want to say is that those people do not want to demean the women but they are using what is usually said. Though I strongly object to such statements. In fact a lot of times I had written to MTV about the question asked by Raghu to male contestants "Aap ko kaisa lagega agar kissi ladki se haar gaye to". Thankfully no one was asked this last season. BTW the new contestant Vishal in Roadies 4 made a similar statement of girls being weak and the next time all girls together threw him out.
Sidhu: Aaj jo kuch bhi kar rahi thi woh rule thod hi rahi thi.physical violence ke ghaav bhar jaate hain Sapna yeh baat yaad rakh. Lekin kyun ke tum choti ho, Sidhu tumhe vachan bhad hain. Iska yeh matlab nahin Sidhu pathar(stone) ka bana hua hain yah niketan pathar ka hain yah yeh duniya pathar ka hain ki tum kisi se bhi kisi waqt oonchi awaaz mein chahe woh Salman ho, Sidhu ho, chahe woh niketan ho. kisi waqt bhi bulaalogi aur woh women empowerment hain. Woh women emowerment nahin hain. Kyun ke woh auraton ke liye ek galat example hain. Aur auart ka sab se bada aabhusha hain Sapna aaj mein bade shaanth swabhav se tumhe bhol raha hu woh hain lajja.

Agree the green ones, disagree the red ones. Sapna, by shouting and bad mouthing at others, is not only setting up a galat example for women, but for men as well. Men and women should behave equally decent, Lajja is not the sole copyright of ladies.

But I agree with Sapna's stance when she applied gulaal to Niketan in anger presuming that he was trying to get close to the gals with the bahana of gulaal lagaoing. I agree that Niketan was chasing Sana only at Siddhu's insistence and had no personal intention of touching her and Sana was thoroughly enjoying the whole male attention, but Sapna does not know this as she was not in the scene at that time. So it is fine with me that she was pissed off by the fact that these guys are using the task as a shield to get touchy-touchy with the gals; and her this thought of standing up for the gals who are idiotic enough not too stand for their own dignity is indeed a part of women empowerment.

Also her joke on Urvashi, which was enjoyed by Siddhu the most, is also not something that is against the dayras of womenhood; as we all know that it was a mere joke and was totally in good spirits.

Urvashi trying to restraint Sapna from gulaal lagaoing Siddhuji was part of a task and Sapna's resisting with Urvashi and trying to reach out to Siddhu was also part of the same task. So Urvashi shouting on Sapna for this behavior of hers and Sapna shouting back at her is also definitely not a breach of womanhood.

But Sapna shouting at Siddhuji that you are dead for me from this day, is definitely not an applaudable thing. Shouting at anyone with these kind of words without any fault of his, is certainly not something to be proud of both by men and women.