Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Ah ok. I do agree tht the onus of "lajja" does not lie solely on the woman and it's not a woman's prerogative, but Sidhu saying tht too isn't wrong coz he is like a patriach in a patriacal society and however much we may want to deny it, India is a predominantly patriarcal society. Also as u said CM, he does belong to a previous generation.

It's like with my parents there was a line that was drawn between me and my brother on the basis of gender as that was their way of thinking and I don't blame them. But I don't do tht with my son and daughter and bringing them a equal genders as that's how my thinking has evolved.
Originally posted by: sarasingh86

chalo ek example πŸ˜‰

ok imagine niketen in place of sapna. Suppose niketen would have done what sapna did. Now niketen has been proclaiming to be giving message of man empowerment (Sounds funnyπŸ˜† and did what sapna did..( her loud behavior).
Now sidhuji explaining niketen same thing that hey look since u have been trying to give message of men empowerment, but the way u are behaving doesn't examplifies it.  And at end he says Best thing for men is to show dignity n by behaving loud ur loosing that. Now does that mean girls have special advantage of being expemted from being dignified. No. Its just that sidhu mentioned the word aurat ka gehna laaja..and it sound sexist instead if he would have said insaan ka gehna laaja..it would have sounded normal. His intentions seemed genuine.

Sara ji, I am not pointing any objections towards his intentions. I have already praised him for his good deeds. So no need for such defense. I get your point.

My point was that he shouldn't have used such a general statement on a public platform where people are hearing him out and he is going to represent people including women being the MP. To me his thoughts shout "regression" which I have heard from many older generation folks and even from people belonging to the so called 21st century.
Edited by -Chandramukhi- - 11 years ago
Originally posted by: estel

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. He is 47 years old.
He brings up her violent behavior and relates that to a woman's modesty. What about men's violent behavior? Most men are violent. They are allowed to walk around shamelessly because they get the free pass as a male and that gives them the right to be physically violent and abusive?

A woman's modesty and her screaming, cursing, swearing off the rooftops have nothing to do one another. Period.

hm i agree
if women are wrong in cursing absuing so why man are not wroing in abusing and cursing just becoz man are man WTH both are equal ek cheez ke le 2 alag qanon nahe hune chaiyeh πŸ˜ƒ
sarasingh86 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Chandramukhi-

Sara ji, I am not pointing any objections towards his intentions. I have already praised him for his good deeds. So no need for such defense. I get your point.

My point was that he shouldn't have used such a general statement on a public platform where people are hearing him out and he is going to represent people including women being the MP. To me his thoughts shout "regression" which I have heard from many older generation folks and even from people belonging to the so called 21st centery.

I agree . I am just trying to think from his perspective. Maybe use of word "Aurat"  was misfit rather he would have generalized it as "insaan"πŸ˜ƒ His intentions are misread here that why i was trying to think thorough
Edited by sarasingh86 - 11 years ago
Originally posted by: dude82

actually we are completely ignoring the intentions and focussing on the words.
we should not automatically presume something which was not said.
he did not say that only women should be meek and men should be rash...(honestly this happenned is funny...πŸ˜†)
he is not saying... oh you should behave like females with lajja and not behave like men!!!
comeon people... seriously?????

Why the heck am I dealing with Siddhu fans. My topic isn't to prove him wrong. My topic is created to see if people agree with such stereotypical statement. And can you please copy and paste your comment from the other thread where you blatantly claimed that female are supposed to be shy unlike men (shameless jerks), your words.

This isn't an anti-Siddhu thread.
Edited by -Chandramukhi- - 11 years ago
*king* thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I am wondering what would Sampat's reaction be. She is known as Champion of women's causes. Would she speak against her Sidhu bhaiyya? Some acid test for "Sampat Gulabi Pal".

*king*
sarasingh86 thumbnail

hm i agree

if women are wrong in cursing absuing so why man are not wroing in abusing and cursing just becoz man are man WTH both are equal ek cheez ke le 2 alag qanon nahe hune chaiyeh πŸ˜ƒ

Him saying  - women being wrong in cursing abusing doesn't implies that men are allowed to. He said women shouldn't but he never said only women shouldn't or men should
Edited by sarasingh86 - 11 years ago
tanvismile thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
See i m very sure sidhu isnt having any old mindset,becoz like dat none of ladies are very shy types plus urvashi his favourite inspite of being agresive,he never likes to be agresive,what he said nature has created some differences between man and women ,man are solid while women are soft ,bt emotionaly strong ,more understanding ,that soft nature is like their gehna ,their bonus gift.
sarasingh86 thumbnail

Why the heck am I dealing with Siddhu fans. My topic isn't to prove him wrong. My topic is created to see if people agree with such stereotypical statement. And can you please copy and paste your comment from the other thread where you blatantly claimed that female are supposed to be shy unlike men (shameless jerks), your words.

This isn't an anti-Siddhu thread.

Oh No . We are also giving our views only in civil manner. Noone is accusing anyone of ranting.ChillπŸ˜ƒ

crazy4fawad thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: *king*

I am wondering what would Sampat's reaction be. She is known as Champion of women's causes. Would she speak against her Sidhu bhaiyya? Some acid test for "Sampat Gulabi Pal".

*king*

yaar..digressing frm the topic..but samapt didnt do anything here..which made me feel ki she is pro-woman or soemthing!🀒 agar kisine bataya na hota toh i wud have never guessed that she works for women! esp all the fiasco she did last week!