Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

kalyani_shiva

Coolbie

kalyani_shiva

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 3:48am | IP Logged
Hi guysSmile, there is a story on Ashok Sundari. So, here it goes
Ashok Sundari is a Hindu goddess the daughter of Lord Shiva & Parvati.She is very rarely known as she is not mentioned nor in Vedas & neither in Puranas. She is mainly known in Gujarati folktales & is created when Parvati makes Ganesha. It is said that when Lord Shiva kills Ganesha, Ashok Sundari hides behind bags of salt because she is frightened by her father. 
When Parvati finds out that her son is dead, she curses Ashok Sundari to melt in salt. However, after cooling down she blesses Ashok Sundari to be reborn in a rich family.
Her name can be split : Ashok means 'without sorrow'  (Parvati created Ganesha & Ashok sundari to get rid of her sorrow of missing Mahadev & Kartikeya) & Sundari means 'beautiful girl'. Devon ke Dev ... Mahadev revealed Ashok Sundari to people.

Edited by smiley4567 - 25 November 2012 at 11:23pm

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

kash_meet10Nisha_abiSkittle16-Gitanjali--Swetha-DeewaniRimiIndu13karajekarvish.naren-Celestial-The.Patthaaka.sankalp_praptianasuya43chand1234

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Some info about Ashok Sundari" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:04am | IP Logged
She was born as Okha married Anirudhha, that is also mentioned in Gujarati folk tale.
The confusing part is about her marriage to Nahush. if she had melted, then what about her marriage? I have read in this forum, Nahush killed that Asura, who attacked AS again & married her.

Edited by mnx12 - 09 November 2012 at 4:10am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha--Gitanjali-LeadNitratevish.narenThe.Patthaaka.sankalp_prapti

-Nymphadora-

IF-Veteran Member

-Nymphadora-

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:07am | IP Logged
i dont think DKDM will follow this one,beacuse here she marries Nahusha,i guess when they show Ganapati they will only show him...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-vish.narenThe.Patthaaka.

kalyani_shiva

Coolbie

kalyani_shiva

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 6:33am | IP Logged
Thank you guysSmile for your replies... I am sure whatever the team will show in the coming episodes they will stick to the information  they have collected.

DeewaniRimi

IF-Dazzler

DeewaniRimi

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 6:49am | IP Logged
Ashok Sundari married Aniruddha.But here they showed She will marry Nahush. Though it is confusing I don't think about this.My concern is who is Aniruddha??I have read about a person named Aniruddha,Son of Pradyumna and Grandson of Lord Krishna  who eventually fell in love with Usha Daughter of Vanasura from Kamrup.Vanasura always opposed Lord Krishna hence he kidnapped his grandson Aniruddha.Later in a fierce battle Lord Krishna killed Vanasura and freed Aniruddha from his hostage and then Usha and Aniruddha got married.And am also heard as Vanasura was staunch Shiva devotee Lord Shiva came himself to protect his devotee but defeated by Lord Krishna. Is that Aniruddha (A S marry him) and Krishna's grandson Aniruddha same person?? 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kalyani_shivaIndu13vish.naren

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 7:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mrmrfrevr

Ashok Sundari married Aniruddha.But here they showed She will marry Nahush. Though it is confusing I don't think about this.My concern is who is Aniruddha??I have read about a person named Aniruddha,Son of Pradyumna and Grandson of Lord Krishna  who eventually fell in love with Usha Daughter of Vanasura from Kamrup.Vanasura always opposed Lord Krishna hence he kidnapped his grandson Aniruddha.Later in a fierce battle Lord Krishna killed Vanasura and freed Aniruddha from his hostage and then Usha and Aniruddha got married.And am also heard as Vanasura was staunch Shiva devotee Lord Shiva came himself to protect his devotee but defeated by Lord Krishna. Is that Aniruddha (A S marry him) and Krishna's grandson Aniruddha same person?? 
Parvati's daughter was born as per her curse as, Okha, Banasur's daughter, she married Krishna's Grand son Anirudhh.
The famous Okha-haran is read in the month of Chaitra.
Edited:
Just checked on Google, Okha is also known as Usha. In Gujarat, she is known as Okha.

Edited by mnx12 - 09 November 2012 at 7:14am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Gitanjali-kalyani_shiva

-Gitanjali-

Coolbie

-Gitanjali-

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 7:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruti.nil

i dont think DKDM will follow this one,beacuse here she marries Nahusha,i guess when they show Ganapati they will only show him...

yes they have confused us totally

kalyani_shiva

Coolbie

kalyani_shiva

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 7:25am | IP Logged
Stop getting confused guys!!!!!!!!!! Just put your faith in the serial... Whatever they'll show there is a gr8 research team behind ... Ashok Sundari is new to everyone & people are already searching information about her on net ...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

romi21

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.