Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

showstruck thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: soapsuds

Check this out girls in case you haven't...

I had posted a link to this thread yesterday...the PH girl's thread...see this post on that thread

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/69114323

This was the girl who claimed she "knew" while all of us just "assumed"...and now that she is is quitting the IPK team (she says she quit) she says she quit because there were too many pressures, too much negativity and because the team is no longer the team that was...and 4 lions never again...interesting...hmm? especially in the light of the totally 360 degree things she said before she quit...the PH obviously stinks...and much of the original team probably thinks so by now...

What happened her? 360 affects of IPK . How could she change side in 24 hours?
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: DiyaS

So can we hope for a a Diwali 360?
From "you mean nothing to me" to "You mean everything to me"

I would love this, we've been getting a lot of 360s of late so why not this? Last Diwali he shattered her heart to pieces, this year he should make this Diwali a memorable one for her 😳
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: Hriju321

Hiya Ladies...

My motto these days is enjoy till it lasts...With Barun Sobti I too will take a break from IPK and when news(if any) comes of his comeback,moi will be back.I  and most others think that IPK will go the film Deewana way where ASR will be presumed dead and the new guy ,maybe Dhruv,will bring back Khushi from depression and just when Khushi is ready to move on,Arnav will return.The twist in tale will be that it will revealed that the new character is black who conspired to kill ASR...
While this is going on,I'll too take a decent and well earned breakπŸ˜‰ as I just cannot imagine Khushi without Arnav.If the makers show Arnav supposedly dying and still Mamaji,Aakash and Payaal in USA...then its hats off to there mentality.

I think you are onto something, Arnav could be written away on business again but instead of being kidnapped this time he is presumed dead only to return later on. It is cliched but it leaves the door open for his return and also paves way for a new entry. I hope we are wrong but it is a possibility
PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9
Originally posted by: soapsuds

Check this out girls in case you haven't...

I had posted a link to this thread yesterday...the PH girl's thread...see this post on that thread

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/69114323

This was the girl who claimed she "knew" while all of us just "assumed"...and now that she is is quitting the IPK team (she says she quit) she says she quit because there were too many pressures, too much negativity and because the team is no longer the team that was...and 4 lions never again...interesting...hmm? especially in the light of the totally 360 degree things she said before she quit...the PH obviously stinks...and much of the original team probably thinks so by now...

Biraj,

Like Diya was mentioning this is know as a**kissing. The outcome of the meeting seems to have gone in favor of SaRun and the PH seems to be black-listed. Hence she now doesn't want to be associated with PH.The funniest thing is the way she said she is moving to the new team and this time she is going to choose the channel first and then the PH and 4Lions never. I was like hypocrisy much? chalo at least we know that the PH is now on back foot and Gul has damaged her reputation beyond repair. Somehow I think the channel is not going to close the show but instead is going to give barun X number of weeks as leave to recoup. Meanwhile either he is shown to be having an accident or it would be like Deewana type of film wherein the new guy will bring Khushi out of her depression.
soapsuds thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: showstruck

What happened her? 360 affects of IPK . How could she change side in 24 hours?

Israt there is obviously much more politics happening behind the scenes than we know...and most of it very murky seems like...

Maybe her job was to spin it for the PH and while she was in the job she had to do it. Now that she no longer is...she doesn't need to?

her spin in favour of the PH was also contradictory to her post in Kernal's bitter truth thread...where she was very warm in her post...that seemed her like her personal feeling rather than official position...

whatever it is...one thing that she said is true...we will never know the whole truth or even the lion's share of it (pun intended)...

But certain facts...
much of the original team has quit or is on the verge of quitting...and this is not just the actors...but the creative team too...for a show where the team was so closely bonded ( the cast certainly was in all their off screen segments) and a show which is still so immensely popular (and not its fading days)...so many people leaving the team is not usual unless there are compelling reasons...especially when people leave without the next thing already in hand...

And I don't buy into this indefinite break story at all...that is the official line everyone is supposed to toe to contain the viewer hysteria...just a sop the viewers to soften the blow...
There are only two options for me as a viewer ...either the show runs with SaRun as ArHi or its ends with them as ArHi...

The break is a con...to engage the viewers in the hope that we get back to sarun and in the meantime break in new characters and gradually change the story...without the backlash that this would otherwise receive from the viewers...
Edited by soapsuds - 11 years ago
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

I wish I was not privy to all this behind the scenes information ... I would be enjoying the show so much more! 😭 

There is definitely a huge amount of politics at play here ...
I can call myself a fairly unbiased observer - I love Barun as an actor but I am more an ASR fan and an Arshi fan ... so I can look at the events more objectively than most people on the forum, ... and my reading is that although it usually takes two hands two clap, this time the share of blame is definitely heavier on one side, and that side is not Barun's side.
Half the cast and the screenplay writer who has been there since the start of the show all are leaving at the same time, this dissatisfaction with the show is widespread and clearly cannot be blamed on the fact that the lead actor wants to take time off for his movie promotions. In fact, the reverse - If that was the case, why were the parallel tracks with the other actors who are leaving not explored better? Why the dissatisfaction from the writer, so much so that he has also left?

And with the current scenario, half the main cast gone, how do the makers and the channel even expect the show to go on, and for how long?

I feel bad for Barun ... he has been made a scapegoat in all this mess ... but like meens said, he seems to have a choice in the matter, and he has made it - choosing to move away for a 'break' ... so do Daljeet, Akshay and Deepali ...

But I feel far worse right now for Sanaya and the rest - Mami, Nani and Karan who have been held back ... to keep afloat a sinking ship. 

Especially for Sanaya - I am guessing she doesn't have much choice in the matter as she is contracted to the channel ...

The channel has a show to run as long as their endorsements are sold out, otherwise they are in a legal mess, so they are happy to keep crap on air, knowing that as long as they do that, their money is secure ... the PH seems to have lost all interest in the show since quite some time ... so we will get a crappy show, unless the channel has really pushed the PH to pull up its socks. 

So what will happen over the next 2-3 months if Barun does go on break?

Sanaya will get brickbats for not being able to keep the show going ...
Any new guy who comes in will get brickbats for not being able to measure up to Barun ...
There will be loud constant shouts of how poor the chemistry is as compared to the Arshi chemistry, how useless the show is without Barun, and how we're not watching till Barun comes back  ... without waiting to see whether there IS a chemistry being formed at all, or is this just to mark time till Barun's return ...

And if by any chance, maybe the new baby dying a premature death or failing to grow well ... or the channel manages to hand over the show to a new PH ... or Barun does decide to return after 2-3 months, then his own fans will have killed the show with their constant refrain of Keep Barun or End The Show, The Show is Nothing Without Barun.

Because IPK fans don't have any patience.

So I'm watching IPK as long as it is on air ... as long as Sanaya is there, and as long as I don't get an OTT Khushi. Personally I think the show's days are numbered, it will stay on air until the endorsements are sold out, and the next show to replace it is ready.
Edited by DiyaS - 11 years ago
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: ashwink630

Diya - love reading your posts even on your blog. Can we hope for new/ better fitting clothes for Sanaya and a haircut for Barun for the last 2 weeks?

Thanks Ashwink πŸ˜ƒ Yep, shiddat to that one ... just for a few weeks,/however long the show lasts ... better clothes for Khushi and haircut/shave for Barun ...

My blog will keep going ... my posts on IF - don't know πŸ˜›
Edited by DiyaS - 11 years ago
PSharada thumbnail

I wish I was not privy to all this behind the scenes information ... I would be enjoying the show so much more! 😭 

There is definitely a huge amount of politics at play here ...
I can call myself a fairly unbiased observer - I love Barun as an actor but I am more an ASR fan and an Arshi fan ... so I can look at the events more objectively than most people on the forum, ... and my reading is that although it usually takes two hands two clap, this time the share of blame is definitely heavier on one side, and that side is not Barun's side.
Half the cast and the screenplay writer who has been there since the start of the show all are leaving at the same time, this dissatisfaction with the show is widespread and clearly cannot be blamed on the fact that the lead actor wants to take time off for his movie promotions. In fact, the reverse - If that was the case, why were the parallel tracks with the other actors who are leaving not explored better? Why the dissatisfaction from the writer, so much so that he has also left?

And with the current scenario, half the main cast gone, how do the makers and the channel even expect the show to go on, and for how long?

I feel bad for Barun ... he has been made a scapegoat in all this mess ... but like meens said, he seems to have a choice in the matter, and he has made it - choosing to move away for a 'break' ... so do Daljeet, Akshay and Deepali ...

But I feel far worse right now for Sanaya and the rest - Mami, Nani and Karan who have been held back ... to keep afloat a sinking ship. 

Especially for Sanaya - I am guessing she doesn't have much choice in the matter as she is contracted to the channel ...

The channel has a show to run as long as their endorsements are sold out, otherwise they are in a legal mess, so they are happy to keep crap on air, knowing that as long as they do that, their money is secure ... the PH seems to have lost all interest in the show since quite some time ... so we will get a crappy show, unless the channel has really pushed the PH to pull up its socks. 

So what will happen over the next 2-3 months if Barun does go on break?

Sanaya will get brickbats for not being able to keep the show going ...
Any new guy who comes in will get brickbats for not being able to measure up to Barun ...
There will be loud constant shouts of how poor the chemistry is as compared to the Arshi chemistry, how useless the show is without Barun, and how we're not watching till Barun comes back  ... without waiting to see whether there IS a chemistry being formed at all, or is this just to mark time till Barun's return ...

And if by any chance, maybe the new baby dying a premature death or failing to grow well ... or the channel manages to hand over the show to a new PH ... or Barun does decide to return after 2-3 months, then his own fans will have killed the show with their constant refrain of Keep Barun or End The Show, The Show is Nothing Without Barun.

Because IPK fans don't have any patience.

So I'm watching IPK as long as it is on air ... as long as Sanaya is there, and as long as I don't get an OTT Khushi. Personally I think the show's days are numbered, it will stay on air until the endorsements are sold out, and the next show to replace it is ready.

I agree with you Diya.  The PH is not going to close the show and neither the channel will. Why? The channel doesn't have anything to replace the slot with and let's admit 8PM is a prime time slot. They will have a new show ready only when Jennifer's show with SLB is ready and that is yet to go on the floors. They already have an vacant slot at 6:30PM by this month end. IPK has about 6 reruns a day and it is hard to fill in those slots.

So what is going to happen ? The story is going to go Deewana way. ASR is going to be shown as in accident wherein his body wouldn't be found and is "presumed" dead. Of course our Khushi is not going to believe it and she is going to go in depression. In this time the new entry is going to come in. The story is going to be how Khushi is supported by him and is brought back to sanity from depression. It wouldn't be rabba vey but that guy would be projected as a good human being who would cherish Khushi and worship the ground she would walk on. That is one way in which the Khushi lovers would be having a carrot dangling in front of them. ASR never understood Khushi's importance but now see this new guy. Okay forget logic here. Even with ASR presumed dead, we will neither see Akash - Payal nor Anjali. It would be solely Khushi and Khushi's pain and her meetings with new guy.

The fandom is going to cry foul at this. The forum would be chaotic with some pro-Arshi and some pro-Barun, some pro-Khushi and some pro-new guy. What would happen to the TRPs. It would be at rock bottom as the fandom would have left the show. Hence the fandom has this carrot dangling in front of them that Barun's leave is for 2 months. I remember when Barun when for movie shooting the initial news was that he would be out for 11 days whereas Barun was clear from the beginning that he was going to be out of action for 45 days and that was what it eventually turned out to be. The PH didn't disclose that Barun would be out for 45 days earlier as they were afraid the viewers would desert the show if they knew Barun is out of action for that long of a time. Hence the spoilers were slowly giving out the increased duration of Barun's leave 11/28/30/45.  So now it intrigues me that the PH is clearly mentioning that Barun is going to be out for 2/2.5 months. That shows only one thing. They themselves want the fandom to leave and most will probably leave the show when they know that barun is out of action for over 2 months and if accident is shown then it is end of the serial.

So what is going to happen to the show. We know there are no TRPs till Dec 19th. The D day arrives. The TRPs I am guessing would be in 1+ range.  And for some strange karmic reason if the new baby QH failed to ring the TRPs ladder then PH will have to fall back on this show for survival as they have only Surveen and Arjun bringing in cash for them. If for some weird reason the trps are still 2+ then it would be like channel/PH are hardly concerned as the TRPs are in the same range when ArHi were there. So we will have some crap thrown at us. Dilly dallying for 2 months with some saas bahu story/moving on story and when it is time to close the shop as the new show is ready, Barun is going to be back and ArHi unite. The viewers will be left with the feeling of What the hell was I watching. PH makes profit, Channel doesn't lose endorsements but viewers will be utterly pissed off and Sanaya-Barun would both receive brickbats.
PSharada thumbnail

Thanks Ashwink πŸ˜ƒ Yep, shiddat to that one ... just for a few weeks,/however long the show lasts ... better clothes for Khushi and haircut/shave for Barun ...

My blog will keep going ... my posts on IF - don't know πŸ˜›

Diya can you pm me the address of your blog. I don't know it and I would like to come over and join.
Hriju321 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: psarada

Diya can you pm me the address of your blog. I don't know it and I would like to come over and join.

Me too Diya.If you are not here,I will be there in your blog.Please pm me the links.
Thanks in advance.