India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

Why, Manav, why?

qweztion1 Groupbie
qweztion1
qweztion1

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 2:30am | IP Logged
I am just wondering why, when Ovi has her temper tantrums Manav never steps in and says enough is enough? Even though Ovi and Teju grew up together, how is it that Teju managed to become so much more composed and intelligent?

And speaking of intelligent, why does Teju not go to college or work? I mean, she's a smart girl, right?

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

JillianMPillayadittyJShivArchi02Ashlaikasoapwatcher1ashfaque2012

Pancham101 IF-Dazzler
Pancham101
Pancham101

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 3:26am | IP Logged
 What makes Ovi tick...

Well we know what ticks her off, for sureWink !

Watch the premise of Arjun and Ovi's relationship starting 1:35

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xn9hli_pavitra-rishta-24th-december-2011-part-2_school?search_algo=2

It's simple really. Ovi loves Arjun and Arjun does not...never did!
 Ovi had three choices - 
1. Give it up and enjoy the friendship. If you love someone from such an early age...friendship and companionship are probably the basis of the relationship
2. Work to have her best friend fall in love with her ...fair and square
3. Be a petulant child and take what she perceives as hers

Well she made her choice...obviously her nature made her choose this option. It is not so much nurture...Teju turned out fine!

Manav and everyone else in the family responds to the Barbie doll in Ovi. If Teju were to be of  a similar nature, Manav would perhaps be the same with her too. Parenting styles are tweaked based on the child one is dealing with. Manav could never have gotten away with slapping Ovi as he did Teju.

An indulgent and over protective Manav was a-ok as long as Ovi's escapades were harmless. Manav has missed the boat on disciplining Ovi. He admitted as much to Archana.

Only someone who has no fear that Ovi will slit her wrists can help her now! Or maybe Ovi will finally realize that her best friend does truly love someone and it is not her...

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

gmhatcheradittypn_92jdronamraju---CoCo---JShivArchi02AshlaikaNadaCintaAshi22soapwatcher1peachesnplums

zonan IF-Dazzler
zonan
zonan

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 3:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qweztion1

I am just wondering why, when Ovi has her temper tantrums Manav never steps in and says enough is enough? Even though Ovi and Teju grew up together, how is it that Teju managed to become so much more composed and intelligent?

And speaking of intelligent, why does Teju not go to college or work? I mean, she's a smart girl, right?

Why not?

And about Teju..she and Ovi went to the same college, study the same course and graduate together.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Archi02

Archi02 IF-Rockerz
Archi02
Archi02

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 3:48am | IP Logged
I think manav is really weak about his daughters.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

aditty---CoCo---JShivAshlaikaNadaCintasoapwatcher1

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 5:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sipokobusak

Why not?

And about Teju..she and Ovi went to the same college, study the same course and graduate together.

I don't think PR showed them going to college and graduating, they are still too young to have graduated. 

Ovi at least has an occupation, modeling and now working at the office, they should show Teju being gainfully employed as well.  Teju could open up a travel agency, run a cab company or help her dad with his office work, she would be good at any of those, she has natural smarts, is even-keeled, is a good judge of character, sharp, and has a balanced head, all great for business.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

JShivAshlaika

arjunaluis Goldie
arjunaluis
arjunaluis

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 5:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by soapwatcher1

Why not?

I don't think PR showed them going to college and graduating, they are still too young to have graduated. 

Ovi at least has an occupation, modeling and now working at the office, they should show Teju being gainfully employed as well.  Teju could open up a travel agency, run a cab company or help her dad with his office work, she would be good at any of those, she has natural smarts, is even-keeled, is a good judge of character, sharp, and has a balanced head, all great for business.

Jhanvi...they were going to college...right after the leap, they were in college and a guy wanted to take Ovi out on a date and then Tej showed him her martial arts skills...and Teju come to india saying she was going for a tennis tournament at that time i think she was playing for her college not sure though...but i don't think they have gratuated yet...Purvi is younger than both of them but is a manager while the twins haven't gratuated...PR logic, what do i do with it...LOLLOL

Edited by arjunaluis - 09 November 2012 at 5:52am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

adittyzonanJShivAshlaikasoapwatcher1NadaCintapeachesnplums

zonan IF-Dazzler
zonan
zonan

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 6:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by soapwatcher1

Why not?

if i'm not mistaken..
Actually they have..not shown, but mentioned by Teju.
If you still remember, After Arjun and Ovi engaged, Manav held a party to celebrate it. The same episode where Archana Manav dance on a newspaper. Remember?
In that episode, teju make an emotional speech on how she and Ovi use to fight, shared same room, shared things, sharing problems..
She then went on say how they use to go college together, take same course and graduate together..she said even though they are twins but have different personality and how she will miss all that when she (ovi) go to Arjun house one day.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

soapwatcher1

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 6:10am | IP Logged
Abi and Sipokobusak, I remember some mention of them going to college, did they not also in one of the very first scenes after the leap show Teju with tennis gear, at college?  What I meant was they could not have graduated.  Sipokobusak, do remember parts of Teju's speech but not the bit about graduating.
But Abi you are right, if Purvi at 18, can have several years of experience and be a manager, and Arjun can have several degrees at 21 or 22, the twins could very well have graduated with PhDs. 

Edited by soapwatcher1 - 09 November 2012 at 6:11am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

adittyzonanAshlaika

Go to top