Nayi Umr Nayi Chunauti - Parvarrish - Agla Padav

India-Forums

Mandira the "cool" mom. is it?? (Page 2)

nb.neha IF-Rockerz
nb.neha
nb.neha

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 11:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by amarjeet73

See I agree with this post that she is cool mom. today generation is different genration. they donot listen to parents they do what they want to do

in this case atleast mandira knows where my son is heading o Agra

sweety doesnot konw where his son is?

is not this better atleast you know where your kids are. to much strictness will cause rocky type kid, i am not blaming rocky but usally these kids donot tell their parents or tell lie if their parents are too strict to them they are showing correct thing here.

I know some parents want too strict as their parents were strict to them too. but reality in today world is different.

be friends to your kids and dont be too strict to them. just tell them politely that this is good this is not but donot say No to them at all

i bet 90% of kids doesnot want to here No word to their demands even if parents say no they manage to do from outside things or people if possible

so rather they go some where else for help better help them. and talk to them

I know it is not safe to go outside during night time, any thing would be happen to them
iin this case Mndira atleat know where my kid id and she knows if something happen she would be there for her son
but sweety case she doesnot know even where  his son is if something happen to him they will come to know from some outsider that your son was here or he was doing this.

same sweety came to know from pari where his son went.

I am not against anybody but fact is today generation is much smater then old generation. they know, how to fool their parents.

Kids today are different, they cannot take NO as an answer easily - Agreed!! that's why i mentioned in my previous comment that none of the 2 mothers - sweety n mandira - are balanced. they are extremes. 

if ur too strict kids hide stuff from u; if ur too liberal kids get spoilt. unfortunately there is actually no prescribed method or flowchart of parenting that would be called perfect.

but one can always try to be balanced like Jeet - i simply admire him from his balanced approach. 

@bold: knowing where ur kid is doesn't gaurantee that he or she will be safe. after all they were out all night. any parent would be worried but mandira had no traces of worry on her face. Shocked she was so confident that Udi would be fine. if sweety knew where rocky was she would have at least called him time to time to enquire about his safety. 

Shehreen_27 IF-Dazzler
Shehreen_27
Shehreen_27

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
 Nice post! Clap
I am 13 old girl and i specially love Sweety because she is exactly like my mom! but when I saw the Mandira mom ...Confused Okay, Honeslty speaking Ofcourse I want my mom to give me some space which I think every kid needs! But in case of Mandira she is giving a bit too much space to her son! Embarrassed 
Every kid wants space! I hate it when my mom doesn't allow me to go to my friends house and sometimes I don't even understand why she isn't letting me! She probably doesn't trust me!? But she trusts me a lot! And I MEAN IT! She may not let me do everything I want but in the end of the day it's me who gets the good way! Mandira in my opinion is setting her son free and letting him live his life and it's a good thing but to a certain limit! 
She should spend more time with her son...! She probably doesn't even know what her son likes or dislikes ...all she knows is to give him space! 

Even though Mandira is a calm and confident mom But I think sometimes it gets a bit too much kindness for the kids! Embarrassed They need strictness too! 

A mom who is between Mandira and sweety would be awesome! Calm and confident like Mandira yet can be strict if needed like sweety! 
Letting all those 17 years old people going out in night driving themselves ! Not a good idea! Embarrassed

I would love if my mom would let me hang out with my frnds more often but I don't wanna be all the time hanging out! Okay..Iknow that won't be good for me either which I understand but right now most of u might not believe me Embarrassed

This was just my opinion!

Edited by Shehreen_27 - 09 November 2012 at 1:20pm
Freethinker112 IF-Sizzlerz
Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 8:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nb.neha

is it wise to send a gorup children of 16-17 yrs all alone on an adventure trip that too at "night" and when they are driving alone?? is it safe? is it not being too positive and too sure that no mishappening can take place? My pt is not against "letting them go". its more about  letting them go alone at "night" and when they "driving on their own". had it been some other mode of transport like a bus it would have been better. 

I don't think it is such a big deal. If you can drive good, age doesn't matter. Ironically, it is better at night because you are gonna encounter lower traffic than day time. But still, what's the problem in going out at night? They were in a group, not alone. And the same thing can be said about anything. Accidents can happen in any mode of transportation. So, should we stop going out of our homes?

secondly how casually she had an answer for if at all his son doesn't fears good in exam. so what? his dad will set him a business to handle. does that means a business man doesn't need to study or study well? Shocked

It was the way Sweety asked that question that made her respond in that manner. Mandira said that his son is good at studies. But still, she asked thing like that, what if his result is bad. And her response was not so wrong. Udi's future is really secured, he can get the business. And for running the business, you don't need that much of a bookish knowledge, exams doesn't test skills other than rote ones, especially board exams.

initially mandira came across a modern, cool, open minded mother who doesn't make a hue n cry of every small issue (eg: teenage love, having fatty food etc) but yesterday she really annoyed me with her baseless answers to sweety's questions!!

I didn't find her answers baseless. In fact, I respected her even more that she didn't lost her temper given how rude Sweety was. Sweety is not capable of entertaining other point of views. Who is she to accuse others of being bad mother? When she didn't know where her son was and Mandira did. And what was the point of lashing out on Mandira? Did Udi take Rocky away at gunpoint? No, he decided to go himself. So, how are Udi or Mandira responsible? Sweety is always going on and on about handling her own children and how nobody should interfere in her upbringing. Mandira is doing the same. So, why doesn't Sweety do what she preach and not interfere in her parvarrish? She is overly dominating, and now the kids are not blindly following her. So, she doesn't know hat to do and is just taking out her anger on people not responsible.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Faraan92

Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 8:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lizzie1765

totally agree with you WinkThumbs Up
mandira is making everything so easy for her boy Shocked,  how will he(udi) learn to survive in the big bad world Shocked

Actually it's the opposite. You learn to survive in the "big bad" world by being in the "big bad" world. Sweety's approach is like shielding a kid from the world and as soon as he turns adult, throw him out. Where was the time to learn?

Faraan92

Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 8:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AhsaanBaig94

I really appreciate your post. And agreed with your each point...

Apart from being modern, parents should be possessing each and every demand of parenting...
Which both Sweety and Mandira didn't have...
Sweety being too strict, and Mandira being too Cool...
But, in between both. Sweety is winning the battle, as you said Mandira answered all Sweety questions like, nothing... I mean how can a Mother said this that... No Problem if my son dont gets good marks his father will put him a buisness. Everybody knows they are rich, and Lucky also has quiet a well income... But, Rocky's parents wants him to study not just study, but, study well... Which is good...

Mandira, she might be cool and modern but, she is giving too much space to her son... Which is really dangerous in real life... As kids can pick up wrong path... But, lets see, what these Cv's have for us... In which direction it goes...

I don't think we have seen enough of Mandira currently to say whether she is too liberal. The things she have done till now doesn't strike me as such. At last, both Udi and Rocky went on the trip. The difference being that Mandira had the knowledge and Sweety didn't. I don't see how is that a failure of Mandira.

Mandira also told that her son is good in studies. But Sweety just started in anger, what if he gets bad marks. I mean she doesn't even know the result and is asking that. So, instead of heating up the argument, Mandira ended it by giving that response. We will see what result he gets in coming days.

Faraan92

Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 8:56pm | IP Logged
But yes, I am afraid that majority of people think like that, so they will carry on the cliche that rich and liberal= spoiled. I hope CVs can overcome that and show that liberal parenting can be good.

Faraan92

ABdaKriticizer IF-Sizzlerz
ABdaKriticizer
ABdaKriticizer

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 9:35pm | IP Logged
But, a question is raised here, whether she is being too liberal or what... Just because they have money. And can set the buisness for their son. Thats wrong, if someone is not rich, then he has to study well get good marks. Then wait for the apportunity, and in their way, these rich guys comes in and throws money and gets admission in any higher education institute. Where as, the person who has done hard work remains there, where he is...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Shehreen_27lizzie1765

Shehreen_27 IF-Dazzler
Shehreen_27
Shehreen_27

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 1:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

Originally posted by lizzie1765

totally agree with you WinkThumbs Up
mandira is making everything so easy for her boy Shocked,  how will he(udi) learn to survive in the big bad world Shocked

Actually it's the opposite. You learn to survive in the "big bad" world by being in the "big bad" world. Sweety's approach is like shielding a kid from the world and as soon as he turns adult, throw him out. Where was the time to learn?

You do learn how to survive in the Big bad worldl but by being by bad in it! Ofcourse u can't stay the whole time in ur house being scared of the big bad world ...but someone doesnt have to go out in the bad world and then have some bad experience and then learn about the bad world..what I mean to say is that u don't have to have something bad happen to u if u wanna learn about the world ..but experience is always more trust worthy then seeing it happen! But rocky can't just sit there. Watching people go bad ..and he would still continue gong to the bad way until something happens to him! (this was an example )..They can go out in the bad world but it's really really hard not to turn bad with them ..there are people out there who are nice and yet rich but just somehow everyone thinks they are rich spoiled kids which they might not be! . I somewhereI agree she should give her son some more space but not to much space that he forgets everything , his family his mom and everyone...not like too full of himself ...  but udi has in my opinion a bit too much space! Which might turn out bad but the kind of kid udi is he doesnt seem to spoiled at all yet...well , maybe becus his mim doesnt live in india and he himself has the same thoughts like his mom ...NRI types. I mean like he can have girls as frnds he can go hangout of with them and stuff..but no offence ..if it was a local person who would have been given that much space and freedom that kid wont end up being good! Every family has different way of handling their kids and everything but just because Udis Rich he wnt really have to work hard and that's the bitter truth! I know not every rich person in spoiled and all but in Udis case he is being treated free! Which is a good thing but to an extant ...

You can watch Gumrah on [V] ..it's all about the teen age crime thingi stuff..
I'm 13 years old and honestly I have only watched 3 episodes of it ..but they have made me think! Embarrassed

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Nayi Umr Nayi Chunauti - Parvarrish - Agla Padav Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index