Mandira the "cool" mom. is it??

nb.neha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
As Rocky Singh Alhuwalia puts it - Mandira aunty kitni cool hai.  Yes, she is cool, smart, outgoing, stylish, gives space to her kids, is not a nagging mom and has all the traits a kid would want to have in his/her mother. 

However is she really that "cool"? I am just introspecting the conversation between mandira and sweety and mandira's responses.

is it wise to send a gorup children of 16-17 yrs all alone on an adventure trip that too at "night" and when they are driving alone?? is it safe? is it not being too positive and too sure that no mishappening can take place? My pt is not against "letting them go". its more about  letting them go alone at "night" and when they "driving on their own". had it been some other mode of transport like a bus it would have been better. 

secondly how casually she had an answer for if at all his son doesn't fears good in exam. so what? his dad will set him a business to handle. does that means a business man doesn't need to study or study well? 😲

initially mandira came across a modern, cool, open minded mother who doesn't make a hue n cry of every small issue (eg: teenage love, having fatty food etc) but yesterday she really annoyed me with her baseless answers to sweety's questions!!
Edited by nb.neha - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

joohi5ifyy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Mandira is a cool mother but I think she is too liberal...sometimes strictness is demanded for the sake of children, irrespective of the likings of the children
ABdaKriticizer thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I really appreciate your post. And agreed with your each point...

Apart from being modern, parents should be possessing each and every demand of parenting...
Which both Sweety and Mandira didn't have...
Sweety being too strict, and Mandira being too Cool...
But, in between both. Sweety is winning the battle, as you said Mandira answered all Sweety questions like, nothing... I mean how can a Mother said this that... No Problem if my son dont gets good marks his father will put him a buisness. Everybody knows they are rich, and Lucky also has quiet a well income... But, Rocky's parents wants him to study not just study, but, study well... Which is good...

Mandira, she might be cool and modern but, she is giving too much space to her son... Which is really dangerous in real life... As kids can pick up wrong path... But, lets see, what these Cv's have for us... In which direction it goes...
lizzie1765 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
totally agree with you 😉👍🏼
mandira is making everything so easy for her boy 😲,  how will he(udi) learn to survive in the big bad world 😲
i was dicussing this topic wid my mom(  she is nice and quite understanding ) . she also did nt like the fact that 16yr old boy having a bike or a car and plus these late night trips too its quite dangerous

😳

nb.neha thumbnail
Originally posted by: joohi5ifyy

Mandira is a cool mother but I think she is too liberal...sometimes strictness is demanded for the sake of children, irrespective of the likings of the children

we may criticize sweety for being too over bearing and strict however even mandira's parenting method can't be considered totally apt. 😲 she's way too cool and carefree. 
nb.neha thumbnail
Originally posted by: AhsaanBaig94

I really appreciate your post. And agreed with your each point...

Apart from being modern, parents should be possessing each and every demand of parenting...
Which both Sweety and Mandira didn't have...
Sweety being too strict, and Mandira being too Cool...
But, in between both. Sweety is winning the battle, as you said Mandira answered all Sweety questions like, nothing... I mean how can a Mother said this that... No Problem if my son dont gets good marks his father will put him a buisness. Everybody knows they are rich, and Lucky also has quiet a well income... But, Rocky's parents wants him to study not just study, but, study well... Which is good...

Mandira, she might be cool and modern but, she is giving too much space to her son... Which is really dangerous in real life... As kids can pick up wrong path... But, lets see, what these Cv's have for us... In which direction it goes...

thank you for appreciating 😊 you are right. none of them (mandira or sweety) have a balanced approach. one is too strict and the other one too liberal. both can be dangerous in one way. often kids of strict parents get spoilt as they find new ways of doing what they are generally refrained from doing and kids of too liberal parents may get out of hands. 

however mandira is just not only liberal but also carefree and casual. her approach towards her son's studies/marks just showed her "rich" mentality. she was just showing off her status and money. 

even lucky is rich enough but still he and sweety have given their kids a down to earth upbringing keeping them grounded. 
nb.neha thumbnail
Originally posted by: lizzie1765

totally agree with you 😉👍🏼
mandira is making everything so easy for her boy 😲,  how will he(udi) learn to survive in the big bad world 😲
i was dicussing this topic wid my mom(  she is nice and quite understanding ) . she also did nt like the fact that 16yr old boy having a bike or a car and plus these late night trips too its quite dangerous

😳

that's my point. her attitude is like a "visa" ; a "green signal" that no matter what ever i do i l have a great future; i wont have to struggle in life!! 😲
amarjeet73 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
See I agree with this post that she is cool mom. today generation is different genration. they donot listen to parents they do what they want to do

in this case atleast mandira knows where my son is heading o Agra

sweety doesnot konw where his son is?

is not this better atleast you know where your kids are. to much strictness will cause rocky type kid, i am not blaming rocky but usally these kids donot tell their parents or tell lie if their parents are too strict to them they are showing correct thing here.

I know some parents want too strict as their parents were strict to them too. but reality in today world is different.

be friends to your kids and dont be too strict to them. just tell them politely that this is good this is not but donot say No to them at all

i bet 90% of kids doesnot want to here No word to their demands even if parents say no they manage to do from outside things or people if possible

so rather they go some where else for help better help them. and talk to them

I know it is not safe to go outside during night time, any thing would be happen to them
iin this case Mndira atleat know where my kid id and she knows if something happen she would be there for her son
but sweety case she doesnot know even where  his son is if something happen to him they will come to know from some outsider that your son was here or he was doing this.

same sweety came to know from pari where his son went.

I am not against anybody but fact is today generation is much smater then old generation. they know, how to fool their parents.

nb.neha thumbnail
Originally posted by: amarjeet73

See I agree with this post that she is cool mom. today generation is different genration. they donot listen to parents they do what they want to do

in this case atleast mandira knows where my son is heading o Agra

sweety doesnot konw where his son is?

is not this better atleast you know where your kids are. to much strictness will cause rocky type kid, i am not blaming rocky but usally these kids donot tell their parents or tell lie if their parents are too strict to them they are showing correct thing here.

I know some parents want too strict as their parents were strict to them too. but reality in today world is different.

be friends to your kids and dont be too strict to them. just tell them politely that this is good this is not but donot say No to them at all

i bet 90% of kids doesnot want to here No word to their demands even if parents say no they manage to do from outside things or people if possible

so rather they go some where else for help better help them. and talk to them

I know it is not safe to go outside during night time, any thing would be happen to them
iin this case Mndira atleat know where my kid id and she knows if something happen she would be there for her son
but sweety case she doesnot know even where  his son is if something happen to him they will come to know from some outsider that your son was here or he was doing this.

same sweety came to know from pari where his son went.

I am not against anybody but fact is today generation is much smater then old generation. they know, how to fool their parents.

Kids today are different, they cannot take NO as an answer easily - Agreed!! that's why i mentioned in my previous comment that none of the 2 mothers - sweety n mandira - are balanced. they are extremes. 

if ur too strict kids hide stuff from u; if ur too liberal kids get spoilt. unfortunately there is actually no prescribed method or flowchart of parenting that would be called perfect.

but one can always try to be balanced like Jeet - i simply admire him from his balanced approach. 

@bold: knowing where ur kid is doesn't gaurantee that he or she will be safe. after all they were out all night. any parent would be worried but mandira had no traces of worry on her face. 😲 she was so confident that Udi would be fine. if sweety knew where rocky was she would have at least called him time to time to enquire about his safety. 

Shehreen_27 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
 Nice post! 👏
I am 13 old girl and i specially love Sweety because she is exactly like my mom! but when I saw the Mandira mom ...😕 Okay, Honeslty speaking Ofcourse I want my mom to give me some space which I think every kid needs! But in case of Mandira she is giving a bit too much space to her son! 😳 
Every kid wants space! I hate it when my mom doesn't allow me to go to my friends house and sometimes I don't even understand why she isn't letting me! She probably doesn't trust me!? But she trusts me a lot! And I MEAN IT! She may not let me do everything I want but in the end of the day it's me who gets the good way! Mandira in my opinion is setting her son free and letting him live his life and it's a good thing but to a certain limit! 
She should spend more time with her son...! She probably doesn't even know what her son likes or dislikes ...all she knows is to give him space! 

Even though Mandira is a calm and confident mom But I think sometimes it gets a bit too much kindness for the kids! 😳 They need strictness too! 

A mom who is between Mandira and sweety would be awesome! Calm and confident like Mandira yet can be strict if needed like sweety! 
Letting all those 17 years old people going out in night driving themselves ! Not a good idea! 😳

I would love if my mom would let me hang out with my frnds more often but I don't wanna be all the time hanging out! Okay..Iknow that won't be good for me either which I understand but right now most of u might not believe me 😳

This was just my opinion!
Edited by Shehreen_27 - 11 years ago