Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Harshu- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
KW's tweet

Karan Wahi @karan009wahi 2h Finally. Goin to GOA...fr work though...dance.
Choreographed by the lovely SHAMPAAA
sonu-monu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@Harshu. thx for d amazing pics wahi looks too cutee.:D
-Harshu- thumbnail

Karan Wahi gets mobbed!!

By Stuti Agrawal, TNN | Jan 31, 2013, 08.35 PM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
READ MORE Karan Wahi
Karan Wahi gets mobbed!!
Karan Wahi at the fest

Young girls drool over this cute poster boy of the small screen. 

And when chocolate boy Karan Wahi comes to attend the annual fest of an all girls college in Kolkata, you can imagine what happened. The girls went berserk and police had to cordon off the entrance to prevent stampede. Even sponsors were denied entries and traffic was stalled. 

When we spoke to Karan after the event got over, he said, "The vibe has always been very good in Kolkata. There is something about the city that makes us performers want to go there. The love that we get there, we don't get it anywhere in India. At this particular show, the response was maddening. The crowd was roaring and cheering all along. There was space for approximately 2,000 people on the campus and around 7,500 girls dropped in. 

According to me, the entire event was brilliant. I was supposed to be there for an hour, but I ended up staying for 3.5 hours. I wasn't feeling like leaving that place." Well, now that's some craze!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Karan-Wahi-gets-mobbed/articleshow/18275693.cms?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=tweets

-Harshu- thumbnail
Nikamma is MAD 😆 Kya bakwas ki hai :p

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EIZk4HXg0Mc[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EIZk4HXg0Mc
...Noorya... thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
already 89th tread😲
God why i am alway late😳

anyway congo shongo everyone😛
Nandini_goyal thumbnail
still hre...

move this place guys!
-Harshu- thumbnail

I am not swinging the other way: Karan Wahi

Feb 1, 2013, 02.14PM IST TNN[ Stuti Agarwal ]

Karan Wahi
Karan Wahi got a lot of waha wahi when he came to Kolkata recently to attend a college fest. CT spoke to him after the event

What makes young girls drool over you? I think that is because of the person I am. I am very relatable and approachable. It is also because of the youth centric shows that I have done such as Remix and Dill Mill Gayye. Girls loved the characters that I portrayed. Also, I am one of those few young actors who is single. On screen I am the same as I am in real life. I have done almost everything, be it acting, dancing or anchoring. I am a good combination ' I can talk well, have a good face and a body and can also dance. So people like something or the other about me. Also, I look the same since last nine years and hope to look the same for the next nine years also. People might not want to date good-looking boys but they definitely want to flirt with them. And I am happy if they find me cute. 

Did we detect a tinge of sadness at not having a girlfriend? It's not that I have been single all my life. Yes, at times I do wonder why I haven't found someone special. Is there some fault in me? I am definitely not swinging the other way. I sometimes think this is the right time to have a girlfriend. Koi mil jati hai to theek hai, mai dhoondne to nahi jane wala. But I am not ready to settle down right now. I am too young for that. I anyway don't get to think too much about the issue as I am busy in work or friends. I also like to keep my personal life away from professional, since I believe that nazar lag jati hai. I am not ready to settle down right now. I am just 26. I feel I am too young for that.
Let us get this straight. There were rumours that you weren't straight... A lot of people think that. This may have been because there were funny dostana tracks involving me on my shows. First it was with Rithvik Dhanjani on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa and then with Gautam Rode in Nach Baliye. It was for fun, but people took it the other way. They linked it to the fact that I don't have a girlfriend. I can't change their thoughts. I won't have a girlfriend just to prove that I am straight. It doesn't bother me. And if guys also fall for me, then I must be really good looking! 

You were linked to Kritika Kamra during the shooting of Kuch Toh Log Kahenge... I am happy that I was at least linked to someone. I have been in this industry for nine years and there were no link ups. The rumours started when we were shooting for the show and we laughed our heads off over it because Kritika Karan Kundra and I have been friends for ages. And if you are shooting long hours with someone your age you tend to gel with that person. Now, that the show is over for me, the rumours have also died down.
Do we see you back on the show? The show has progressed in a completely different way. If I get a meaty role, then yes. I won't come back just for the heck of it.
Do you think marriage hampers the popularity of an actor? I don't think so. Yes, people might love me thinking that I am single and there's chance that I might fall in love with them maybe. At some point, marriage doesn't matter. You just love that person. For example, I find Shilpa Shetty Kundra very gorgeous. But when I flirt with her on the show, I know my limits since she is a married woman. My friends Karan Singh Grover, Gurmeet Chaudhary and Vivian D' Sena are all married and are still very popular. Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir are also very popular. So marriage has nothing to do with the popularity of an actor. 

You have tried all genres ' acting, dancing and anchoring. Which one do you like best? I love acting. Anchoring and dancing have come to me because of acting. I came here to be an actor. All others are just an extension of it. 

What are your future plans? I am only concentrating on Nach Baliye at the moment as I believe in doing one thing at a time. I don't jump into things. Also, I am in talks with a lot of other producers, but nothing has been finalized. 

Are you okay doing roles in saas-bahu serials or playing a negative role? I don't mind doing any role. I have no qualms. It's just a coincidence that I have never done a saas bahu serial. I will do it if I like it. As for negative roles, it's very opposite to the way I look. Therefore I have never been offered anything like that. 

Last year has been very hectic for you. What's the best thing that happened to you in the year gone by? Kuch Toh Log Kahenge definitely made me popular, but it was Jhalak which made me a household name and I came to be known by my own name. It made filmmakers call me. When Madhuri Dixit-Nene and Karan Johar tell you that you are a star, it is a big compliment. Even Star Plus is shocked and happy by my popularity. They say never before has the anchor and contestants received the same amount of messages and calls.

Loved Wahi's answers <3 Honest & straightforward :D

-Harshu- thumbnail
Wahi with a fan :) An old pic during YPNH pilot shoot.

From the Kol event :)

Edited by -Harshu- - 11 years ago
sonu-monu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
awesome Pic amazing Answers :)
-Harshu- thumbnail