Cope w Barun's break - knowing you are not alone - Page 9

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by shaam91

eee kaaa huaaa??

aaj hi ham IF pe aaye...aur ye sunne ko mila!!! 

WT effwa!! :P

about time i would say!!

array this khichdi has been pakoing for over 2 months now. Its finally come to this. I hope we can all find a good closure. 

I think they will end the show before the end of the year -> this is what i had predicted back in august,sadly so. 

hows u shaamu?
shaamu just won the best brand manager award for an ongoing B school event...finally going home for diwali...will drop dead with exhaustion there.

well...they butchered this show beyond belief..bacha kya tha ismein ab aur? 
Originally posted by shaam91

shaamu just won the best brand manager award for an ongoing B school event...finally going home for diwali...will drop dead with exhaustion there.

well...they butchered this show beyond belief..bacha kya tha ismein ab aur? 

congratulations, shaamu!!! i am proud of you :D
Originally posted by serialjunkie

so very true and succinctly put. 

And you are one of those I had the pleasure of knowing and would have loved to get to know better. 

The feeling is mutual. Thank you for the amazing laughs & insightful posts.

There's nothing stopping us.

Have I mentioned how much I loved the TFS. I've yet to begin to read TSC though. :)
Thankyou..:)
 muah!!!

Lets find some other show to obsess about na!!
speechless to say any thing...this is the 1st post in which m writing any thing after i got this news..cant write my feelings in simple words..i jst know this grand show nd grand couple like sarun deserved a grand ending with grace in their characters nd in their show but...i feel like i have lost my fav ever thing ...cant believe m litrly crying with tears ,with heave heart ...i have my exam after 2 days nd here i m so much depressed nd tensed..i cant even tell any one y i m crying ,..its like an end to an imp. part of my life...!!... Edited by Ainee-monaya - 11 years ago
Originally posted by TheThoughtCrime

SJji 😃

My own experience: I am/always will be a phangirl of Russian Tennis Star Marat Safin.

Well, I was introduced to this (inmymind) Demi God when he won the Toronto Masters in 2000. I was a 15 year old teen then.Watching him at the victory ceremony on the telly in that ridiculous Canadian mountain hat, something shifted inside me. I was never the same.

He won the USOpen about a month later annihilating Pete Sampras in straight sets. (It had never happened before)😳. I was compulsively obsessed. And not to mention this was the year of my boards. I got into gear enough to do well in them at the last minute.

If I could descirbe Marat these words come to mind: 'humble', 'self effacing', 'wicked sense of humour', 'mercurial' & 'anger management'.

To this day he remains that man who did not fulfill his potential, having won only 2 Grandslams & reaching 2 GS finals with 15 career titles.

I've followed his career for 10 years. I would characterize it as having deep depressing moments with a few ecstatic ones.

Would I like him anymore had he won more? No. No wonder I'm not a fan of Roger Federer.

This sense of support for another human being that you have never met, doesn't know you exist should not be belittled.

He retired in 2010.

To this day I go onto youtube and watch his tennis with a fond smile & some faceplamworthy sighs.

It will pass.

All in all, being a fan allows you to get to know & meet like minded amazing people & form friendships that will last.

To all Barun & IPKKND fans out there, be positive & to use the cliched term. Don't be sad that it's over, be happy that it happened.

That's a beautiful, beautiful post. The best I have read on the way we are all feeling now. I've spent the whole morning struggling to understand and come to terms with how I, a mature woman, find myself in a situation where I am feeeling so miserable about a show and a person I have never met!!
 You post really helped making sense of this dual struggle- the feeling of misery about the state of the show and the horror that I, who should have more sense than the young people I teach, am feeling such misery!

Thank you!

Edited by Japonica - 11 years ago
Originally posted by Japonica

That's a beautiful, beautiful post. The best I have read on the way we are all feeling now. I've spent the whole morning struggling to understand and come come to terms with how I, mature woman, find myself in a situation where I am feeeling so miserable about a show and a person I have never met!!
 You post really helped making sense of this dual struggle- the feeling of misery about the state of the show and the horror that I, who should have more sense the young people I teach, am feeling such misery!

Thank you!

and another human i had the pleasure of getting to know via the forum!! Hi Japonica!!
SJ,

A week without power due to Sandy and then due to snowstorms in N.East and I visit the forum and I see all this commotion. Tremendous devastation, homes and lives lost on one side and a raging, inferno of human emotions over an actor's 'longish break' on the other. Well, to me, we develop perspectives based on our experiences in life - for some of the teen and tween viewers, this must be their first heartbreak or something that really hurt them. Some others might not have gained insights to deal with feeling hurt even if its not their first.
A few years down the lane, trust me, we are going to look at this episode and say, "I can't believe I was such a hormonal tween/teen/aunty/uncle back then" and then we continue our rinse-repeat cycle "jab tak hai jaan'. For others mourning about the story, please go read The Filigreed Sun where you can Arnav and Khushi completing milestones in their life -- kids, growing old and so on...😉

Originally posted by Japonica

That's a beautiful, beautiful post. The best I have read on the way we are all feeling now. I've spent the whole morning struggling to understand and come come to terms with how I, mature woman, find myself in a situation where I am feeeling so miserable about a show and a person I have never met!!
 You post really helped making sense of this dual struggle- the feeling of misery about the state of the show and the horror that I, who should have more sense the young people I teach, am feeling such misery!

Thank you!

I guess you are never too old to get inspired or swept away.😆

I look at it as being inspired. I was always in awe of how as a young kid of 12 Marat left Moscow to go and train in spain. He had to go through 3 career threatening injuries. His younger sister, Dinara who was in his shadow for most of her career rose to No 1 the world rankings & was a finalist at more than one GS. Infact, I am her zealous supporter even though she is semi retired now with a crippling back injury. Sheer hard work can get you places. Same as how many actors go through a mindless struggle to be where they are today.

Believe you me, I never once turned on SP for many years. But IPKKND ichanged that. It is a fairytale lovestory. It will always remain dear to me.

You teach too. Same pinch.😆