Priyanka Chopra amazed with 'In My City' response

Minionite thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Posted: 11 years ago
Priyanka Chopra amazed with 'In My City' response

Mumbai: Actress Priyanka Chopra, whose debut single 'In My City' sales reportedly crossed 100,000 mark within a week of its release, is amazed at the response and hopes it opens up doors for aspiring artists.

"I don't think anybody expected that, you know, these kind of numbers would happen in India, a market where you don't see that kind of numbers for music. It's really fascinating and exciting for us that it does happen," the 30-year-old said here Tuesday through video conference at the fourth edition of Nokia Music Connects.

"You know it has broken such barriers which will open up music to Indian culture. And we have so much talent in India when it comes to music that I hope this springs opportunities for so many other artists in India," she added.

Priyanka is amazed at the response of 'In My City' and hopes it opens up doors for aspiring artists.

Priyanka's debut single 'In My City' released September this year and also features international music artist Will.i.am.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

veenab thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
is there any truth is this?
Star_on_earth thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
why "in my city" and why not "mere shehr mein"??
tomnjerry2 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8
amazed by the thanda response !!!😆

Keep-----------Smiling !!!😊
QUOTE=Shreya_luvs]Priyanka Chopra amazed with 'In My City' response

"You know it has broken such barriers which will open up music to Indian culture. And we have so much talent in India when it comes to music that I hope this springs opportunities for so many other artists in India," she added.

Priyanka is amazed at the response of 'In My City' and hopes it opens up doors for aspiring artists.

[/QUOTE]

😕 i have heard her song, it's another west sounding high beat song with 'fake' american accent. I fail to see anything about "Indian culture" in the album only  an Indian artist singing the songs! 

.Comics_Music. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Even I am surprised too, a song with crappy lyrics can get such good response???
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
I continue to be BLISSFULLY unaware of her song having been released in India...Hahahaha !
Not heard it and hopefully will never hear it...

The most interesting point of the article is - "the 30 year old"...

Finally !!!...I was fed up of seeing her being called a 25 yr old over the last decade ! 10 yrs se she was 25 yr old...finally made a 5 yr leap...Hahahhaa !
raspberrytorte thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Useless lyrics, fake America accent, too much of autotune = CRAPPP. 

Even her fans don't like the song ðŸ˜†
ViccoTurmeric thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
What Useless lyrics????
WHN SONGS LIKE ISHQ WALA LOVE can top charts for consequently 4 weeks then why not In My City! 

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Don't get the hype over the song...I find it average...