Justlikethat1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
I kinda expected the village to react the way it did to what has happened with their Sarpanch. I do not blame them. In the society that we live in with social norms, there are certain binds and rules.. Sampoorn did make a mistake.. How and why, we do not know and for many that is not needed either. 
He broke something that is considered most sacred. A marriage and with that the trust of his wife and his village.. They say that ceasar's wife should be above suspicion. I think the same applies to the sarpanch too. Ramayan gone in the reverse😊

But basically that is not what I wanted to write about.. The way that RV's friend's mother reacted yesterday as he carried his sister behind his father and the way Chachiji reacted when he got milk show us the prejudice that sets into people as soon as something goes wrong.. 

"He is a killers son.. " "He is like his father, the thief"  That is how we are wired to think. Think the worst. Because we are afraid.. Because we are prejudiced.

I am prejudiced too. I try not to be but I am. Every one of us is in someway prejudiced.. The ones who are truly above and beyond that are these innocent young ones... RV and the children.. They do not see Veera as the 'other woman's daughter.. She is RV's sister.
This will change. As they grow up, society will teach them to think in a certain way. Their views will be mired with the ideas they are fed with. But today, they are those pure innocent souls especially RV.. who sees a small child. a small beautiful baby who is just another sister.. 
It is no fault of little Veera that she was born out of wedlock. Yet she will remain shunned by the elders.

The children though. I am sure have no such prejudice and will accept her.. Atleast I hope so.. If only we have the innocence of the child, our world will be a better place..😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zeezee09 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Very good summerization of the shallow society that we live in. Its prejudices over shadows everything, even sensibilities.  I just saw tonight's episode and I still am in tears. The thing which touched me most was the vulnerability of those affected by this situation. My heart went out to  RV and his little helpless half sister.  But am pacified that in the real world not everyone will ignore the plight of the little baby. There are people who will show empathy towards the little boy and his sister. The treatment of this situation by the writers  was very harsh. Even the mother and the other woman (I am not sure whether she is a relative) ignored the cries of the baby!

I for-see more incidents like this in the coming days where the village people will further torment the two little souls.

MeeraXD thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
yeah ... it was kinda sad the way chachiji reacted... c'mon mahn he is just a child trying to care for a innocent baby!...
Justlikethat1 thumbnail
Originally posted by: zeezee09

Very good summerization of the shallow society that we live in. Its prejudices over shadows everything, even sensibilities.  I just saw tonight's episode and I still am in tears. The thing which touched me most was the vulnerability of those affected by this situation. My heart went out to  RV and his little helpless half sister.  But am pacified that in the real world not everyone will ignore the plight of the little baby. There are people who will show empathy towards the little boy and his sister. The treatment of this situation by the writers  was very harsh. Even the mother and the other woman (I am not sure whether she is a relative) ignored the cries of the baby!

I for-see more incidents like this in the coming days where the village people will further torment the two little souls.

Unfortunately, these harsh treatments still exist in real life. We are not talking of cities and townships but a small village here. Villagers can be the most loving of people and they can also be the most cruel at times. 
I hope that we are shown that the villagers show some empathy after the initial shock wears off.. But I am not sure.

As for Ratan and Chaiji.. They are the most prejudiced now. To Ratan, Amritha and the child represent the reason her marriage has failed. Amritha is no longer there.. So the child suffers😭
Justlikethat1 thumbnail
Originally posted by: aavshi

yeah ... it was kinda sad the way chachiji reacted... c'mon mahn he is just a child trying to care for a innocent baby!...

You are absolutely right. It was just an eight year old kid.. That is human prejudice for you.