Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

PR- a messy affair

anayamehra Newbie
anayamehra
anayamehra

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 2:08pm | IP Logged
Hi all! :)

I am a new member on this forum but have been an avid PR follower since 2009. I joined the forum today since I figured it is the best place to discuss the confusing roller coaster ride this show is harping on right now and I have a couple of friends who are regulars on india forums and they say it is addictive and a great place to discuss our favorite shows! I wanted to start with just putting my thoughts across on PR these days.

I have been very supportive of Arjun and Purvi right from the beginning of the leap. My love for them is not as strong as for Archana-Manav ( since loyalty for them goes long back) but now Archana-Manav have had their fair share of ugly twists in the show, which reduced their characters to a fraction of what I had loved when the show started out. However, I had absolute faith in the freshness of this pair who have amazing on-screen and off-screen chemistry and the interesting shape their love story was taking earlier.  Ofcourse my personal favorite is (was, rather) Arjun, the handsome, arrogant, ambitious boy from Canada. I guess, that is history as well now. So moving on to how absolutely ridiculous these two have been made by the writer's of this show. 

I have had sympathy for Ovi since the wedding, not because of her cunning but desperate attempt to gain Arjun by hook or crook, but simply because, Arjun proved himself to be lower than her in this whole scenario. The wedding night, I felt disgust at Ovi, and I thought Arjun, however immaturely married her, was not going to let this distasteful barter go unpunished. To start off with, he should NEVER ever have given in to the deal to marry Ovi in the first place. This is the 21st century and an educated man would know that marrying another girl is NOT proving any love to anyone. It is simply called ruining 3 lives. His lady love showed no understanding of the consequences, but he should have. After all, it would affect him and Ovi the most, not Purvi. All his wrath on both the women, simply died down in 2 days flat. I was seething in anger that he did not feel betrayed by Purvi, the love of his life, and did not decide to cut off from both the women until he understood what he wanted to make of this situation. His anger on Ovi was understandable too, but I guess, it should have been Purvi he should have felt most angry and upset with. 

anyway, moving on, episodes dragged on with him pining after Purvi, and getting closer to Ovi on Purvi's insistance ( which was probably the most disturbing murder of his character) and yesterday and today, he took the cake in being reduced to a spineless man, so brain dead in love that every judgement is clouded by the words of his lady- Purvi). I wish they had given him more depth and character in stead of this shallow sidekick of Purvi's that he is made to be. His anger at Purvi was a small glimpse of his earlier self, however, going back to giving fake husband love to Ovi because Purvi asked him to do it, really abolished all hope for his redemption in my eyes. The only thing I liked about today, is him calming Ovi down, which was necessary, however, doing that, while again thinking of his promise to Purvi, was again a huge blow to his character. Why doesn't he seem to have an independent way of thinking in this show anymore? why can't he divorce Ovi, move to Canada and simply start life afresh? Why is he ruining himself, his wife and even Purvi, by still harassing her and reminding her at every point about his undying love for her? He should let Purvi move on, if he is going to stick to his marriage, or he should let Ovi go, if he intends to stick to his love for Purvi. This is like bin pende ka lota, na ghar ka na ghat ka. You can't have it both ways. giving false hopes to Ovi about their marriage and false hopes to Purvi that he loves her but will work on his marriage! Just make up your mind. It saddens me that I have grown to sincerely dislike him and really need a strong jolt to some how redeem his character in my eyes. ( I don't think the writer's would ever do that, since they haven't redeemed Manav yet in my eyes nor Archana yet)

I felt, they showed Purvi in the start to be such a happy-go-lucky, indpendent and educated, no-nonsense kind of a girl who immediately was likeable because of the essence of a modern thinking girl with her head in the right place and still, her priority for family and all things "sanskaari" intact. she was a refreshing change from how her mother had started out in the show. But i guess, now she is reduced to a shadow of Archana, helpless and lost in the plight of being Mahaan and sacrificing her happiness for everyone else. This has robbed her of all the essence she started out with. I understand her need for giving her mother her happiness, but being the educated smart girl, she could have surely thought of alternatives. However, if the CV's give her that much logic, it wouldn;t be fun no more for TRP's right? Now, she is simply the town joke going around giving advice to one and sundry about things that don't even concern her. This is highly illogical and stupid and makes me want to tear my hair apart everytime she is advicing Arjun on his married life. you gave him up, now leave him alone and let his marriage work out the way HE WANTS TO. Stop controlling him and stop being so great! She needs to move away if she isn't strong enough to deal with Arjun's constant presence and proclamations of love, or she should be strong enough to tell him to back off from her life and let her be since she clearly doesn't want to be the "other girl" anymore. Leave it to him to decide his fate. And yes, stop giving in to the family, that seems a little less concerned about you. soham dada and Balan kaka is again simply inappropriate for her. She should focus on her life and get a job and move forward with her career. her mother is happy now, and solving all of Archana's problems out of feeling in debt to her for being adopted is really too lame. Snap out of it! 

Ovi- I sympathized with her, because I understood where she came from, the absence of mother in her life, finding out the man she loved had simply found another girl to marry, and the general lack of a balanced upbringing led her to be the way she is. Also, the fact that no one, and I mean no one including Manav, ever took time out to sit with her and make her understand the Arjun-Purvi deal, whilst letting her distinguish between love, friendship and one-sided infatuation or even obsession, made her crazier. She only understood the fact that Arjun loves Purvi, after the wedding when it hit her in her face. That made her insecure, as she finally realized that he loved Purvi and not her. Now this insecurity is driving her over the edge once again slowly. This led to her uncalled for outburst today. I think the maximum fault for Ovi's behavior is Manav. I feel he should have rightfully spent some time with a daughter who was suicidal, who was obsessed and who did not differentiate between right and wrong. After the wedding too, she deserved a sounding from him o make her realize the extent of her folly and Archana should have sat her down and explained on how to get this working from here on. Manav has so far reprimanded everyone from Archana to Savita for their wrong doings, what about his daughter Ovi?
Why hasn;t he sat her down, reprimanded her for the barter wedding, give her a few lessons on growing up or told her how to steer this marriage in the right direction? DK has been sorely missing on the father front too. He simply looks like he doesn't care much about what happens to his son's marriage or his state of mind or even the business. 

Today Ovi's outburst was really uncalled for. She has to learn to grow up too. She cannot unleash her anger on a visitor ro the family, especially one who has helped her husband in times of need. He clearly mentioned he had recieved arjun-Purvi's wedding card and was not in Bombay at the time of the wedding. She should have kept a certain respect about that . And no one really shut her up either. She is simply becoming another whimpering and whining wife blaming others for the sham of a marriage she is in. I hope she realizes it is her husband who cannot make up his mind and stop pointing fingers at Purvi, who really has nothing to do with this situation. She is running away as much as seh can. If this marriage has to work, it has to be because of Arjun and Ovi, and for that Ovi needs to step out of her barbie land and learn to put Arjun down from the pedestal he is at in her life since he is solely to blame for the circus that this trio is part of right now. 

All in all, after the senseless marriage twist, I thought they had enough chances to rise from the ashes, but seems like Arjun just got dug into his grave deeper, Purvi was elevated to the skies where no one could even see her and Ovi keeps oscillating between sensible to annoying. But most of all, it is Arjun's death that I mourn most. 

Sorry for the long long post! I may have re-iterated the same points everyone has made already on the forum . I haven't been here before, so don't know, but just wanted to get it out there and of course say hi to everyone here :) 

Edited by anayamehra - 08 November 2012 at 2:24pm

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

bumbushisudhajyothi06shik123ana-123snowyreshma28gmhatchervgiritch912pp29jdronamrajuPancham101Ashlaika.Nikki.Ashi22NadaCintapeachesnplumsameilia_OrChiD_

RupanjalloveMK Goldie
RupanjalloveMK
RupanjalloveMK

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
I totally agree with you. CVs butchered Arjun's character completely and Ovi is in her crazy my way or highway mood. Welcome to forum.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anayamehratch912

jdronamraju Goldie
jdronamraju
jdronamraju

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 2:24pm | IP Logged
Very well written. I agree with quite a bit that was written, with exception to some. As far as me, I have never had sympathy for Ovi at any point in the story. For me, she was and is a pampered brat and acts like a toy deprived petulant child. I have said this before too, for quite a bit of fault for the way she is, lies with her family, especially Manav. He should and could have given her the help needed, when Arjun was with Purvi and Ovi was under the impression that he still loves her, Manav should have made her understand the reality of the situation. But, he did not. With some tough love, which is vital in any parenting, she probably would have had a better life than what she has right now. By pampering her, he made the situation worse for her. And so much has happened since then, largely due to her. I am not discounting ARVI in this, but, for me, Ovi is the main catalyst for the disaster that we see now. I know some disagree, but this is my POV anyway.
None in the family ever gave her the reality check, that was needed. Neither parental, emotional or even psychological help that she badly needed back then. Their inability is ONE of the roots for the mess that all the 3 lives are in. And today, again, they failed her. When she bursts out at an innocent guest, and unfairly accuse Purvi, what did the family do? Nothing... When things get really bad, she will spiral down into the pits, and these people will just mourn it but will be of no use to her. In time of need, Manav is failing Ovi at every step .
Yes, they have almost butchered the Arjun we knew, but I have a feeling they will revive him, soon. Or atleast, that is my hope. Let us see..

Edited by jdronamraju - 08 November 2012 at 2:25pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

anayamehraadittygmhatcherPancham101AshlaikaNadaCintapeachesnplums

anayamehra Newbie
anayamehra
anayamehra

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 2:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jdronamraju

Very well written. I agree with quite a bit that was written, with exception to some. As far as me, I have never had sympathy for Ovi at any point in the story. For me, she was and is a pampered brat and acts like a toy deprived petulant child. I have said this before too, for quite a bit of fault for the way she is, lies with her family, especially Manav. He should and could have given her the help needed, when Arjun was with Purvi and Ovi was under the impression that he still loves her, Manav should have made her understand the reality of the situation. But, he did not. With some tough love, which is vital in any parenting, she probably would have had a better life than what she has right now. By pampering her, he made the situation worse for her. And so much has happened since then, largely due to her. I am not discounting ARVI in this, but, for me, Ovi is the main catalyst for the disaster that we see now. I know some disagree, but this is my POV anyway.
None in the family ever gave her the reality check, that was needed. Neither parental, emotional or even psychological help that she badly needed back then. Their inability is ONE of the roots for the mess that all the 3 lives are in. And today, again, they failed her. When she bursts out at an innocent guest, and unfairly accuse Purvi, what did the family do? Nothing... When things get really bad, she will spiral down into the pits, and these people will just mourn it but will be of no use to her. In time of need, Manav is failing Ovi at every step .
Yes, they have almost butchered the Arjun we knew, but I have a feeling they will revive him, soon. Or atleast, that is my hope. Let us see..

Thanks you so much! I am anaya :) I don't know what your name is, but can I call you J? It's easier chatting on the forum by addressing! I hope you don't mind :)

I agree completely with you on the lack of parenting and involvement by Manav. I feel like, from the beginning they have side-lined her problems by sticking to pampering her emotions in fear of some extreme outburst. Even with Varsha, I have always noticed that her abortion, her mental state thereafter, her soham obsession, was all over looked by Sulochana and even Archana which has got her to the place she is at today. By virtue of being older and seemingly wiser, they have simply shown the elders to be distant in terms of understanding a child's problems. Today, I agree that they should have shut her up, but I think Arjun was doing the talking so  they kept shut and Archana protected Purvi. but again, they usually keep sidelining one child for another. 

I don't know how they can resurrect AK from his grave now. I hope you are right. As for Ovi, she needs to start looking at reality and know where to put the blame at and work on it. She is not going to give up her husband simply by being observant ot the love between him and Purvi. But she needs to start her life ahead by first looking at Arjun in the right light. Hope Purvi moves away for a while. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

gmhatcheradittyjdronamrajuAshlaikaNadaCintapeachesnplums

jdronamraju Goldie
jdronamraju
jdronamraju

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 3:18pm | IP Logged
HI anaya, I am Jyothi.. u can call me that.. Being an Arjun fan from the onset, I live in hope that they bring him back.. :)...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

anayamehraadittyPancham101Ashlaika

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top