Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

My objective unbiased take - do comment:)

sun2011 Goldie
sun2011
sun2011

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 1:18pm | IP Logged
Why Barun wants this break - he seems to be interested in shorter shoots like in moviesa and for good character roles as in US tv serials. I think this based on his interviews in the past where he has mentioned the tiring long work hours of shooting in Indian telly world versus the shoots for seasons in the US and also the difficulty in writing good script for a daily soap in India. In IPKKND there is no planning to bank episodes in advance - as script is not available to them before hand and they just show up and shoot their scenes - I guess sometimes actors are there on the sets waiting for the script too!  With his experience now of working on his movie Barun appreicated in his last interview that the director kept his vision throughout the movie and never wavered so he might be liking and expecting this in IPKKND when he returned and that did not happen!

Knowing the above and since the PH is now floundering for ideas with their focus scattered on other serials - Arjun, Qubool Hai etc; plus his own reasoning, Barun wants this break.

What does Barun want to do in his long break -  vacation with wife and promotions for his movie and possibly sign off a couple of scripts based on good character roles (in his own words a couple of month sago).

PH take - trying hard to multitask all serials and their logistics and budget too - - when Barun asks for another break they have another uncertainly thrown into the mix so they suggest the script where they can get another actor to be there to hold the show as they too must be reeling from all the reactions of his 40-day leave earlier! They too lost their motivation if the main lead is off.

Now SP for its viewers is trying to make Barun stay - give him ore exposure - - so the UK trip, hosting SP festival shows etc.

No one is wrong in their POV -- In short, Barun wants to multitask IPKKND with his movies and vacation while PH may not be equipped for this as they are not that organized! So lesson is PH has to have a vision for a show and be organized with excellent script and shoot scenes efficiently as per schedule.

ALL said - I have loved Sanaya Irani adn Barun Sobti and the entire cast of IPKKND from June 6, 2011 hope all the above can be sorted out soon so that we do get some more quality IPKKND!

EDITED to ADD - - My only wish is for SANAYA IRANI the female lead also got her due and fair share of individual awards too for she has been a real trooper and rock of the show -- a genuine articulate beautiful flawless actress and down to earth real life personality. I wish you all ACCOLADES and success in the near future soon.

What say friends - do Like and comment!

Edited by sun2011 - 08 November 2012 at 2:10pm

The following 30 member(s) liked the above post:

srkqazifanJoonmoontoggle45mustiannegree86ebanerjeedesikudi2009Archana89RGYAawwwwwwwKhuarvbbindusaya312Lucifer16awesomecouplessairam03hasheysquivihabsasr13simplelife09SaraJLsabz105pmpm1samin6tvbug2011-ayeshabfd-KulfiBaiMastMalang_disha_

MastMalang IF-Sizzlerz
MastMalang
MastMalang

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 1:39pm | IP Logged
This is most sensible post that i have come across since this fiasco. I am sure Barun has 1 more movie offer and wants to quit , hence 2 months notice.. I guess SP didn't want this leak out before Star parivaar and wanted them to continue.
But I still blame PH, they could have come up with good tracks after kidnapping, but what did we get Di track,, then remarriage ruined with Di miscarriage and past fizzled out. If Barun gave notice in Sep, they could have shown after remarriage some romance and happy atmoshere.
Then they could have included a track wher ASR would be missing or presumed dead so that they can bring back the character back if they wanted to. Why bring horrible shit-all and kid track  and butcher the characters and show..

There are no excuses for poor execution. mindless tracks since Feb, poor production values , horrible costumes and worst of it  their PR skills( remember talking to strangers, ab maaf kar do..Forum 32 - story has ended and then removing its as a joke)

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

srkqazifansaya312desikudi2009sun2011sabz105_BacknForth_

Archana89 Senior Member
Archana89
Archana89

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
Yeah..this post is sensible and impartial..

heard that this PH did the same with their show in channel v...lead quitting or taking break and another one coming for that period of time...I think that idea didn't go well with the fans..allowing another 40 days of leave to the main lead again will be suicidal and will affect their over all reputation considering the quality of the show in that hypothetical situation

let barun do whatever he feels like doing..it is his life...there might be some other priorities for him...no body knows him personally to give an authentic information..there is no point in pushing a person to make him live as we like...

channel tasted international success through this soap..so letting it go all of a sudden  will be difficult for them..

Edited by Archana89 - 08 November 2012 at 1:58pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

mustianneKhuarvsaya312sabz105sun2011KulfiBai

KulfiBai IF-Sizzlerz
KulfiBai
KulfiBai

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 3:15pm | IP Logged
Thank you SO MUCH for making this sensible, judicious post! Really, thanks Smile What you say is making a lot of sense, no over-reactions, no character bashing, no '4rats sucks', no 'change the PH', no 'Gul mata is a b****'.

Just your clean opinion on the situation, backed up by ACTUAL facts and justifications.

Thank you!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mustiannesaya312Archana89sabz105

asr13 Goldie
asr13
asr13

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 3:26pm | IP Logged
Love your impartial take on the situation ...

I think i am in love with ASR more than with Barun, I cannot imagine ASR being potrayed by someone else, neither can I imagine Khushi being paired with someone else ...

Saying that ...
I am happy to give the actor a break for whatever reason he wants it ( be it personal, family, health, career) considering he looks very tired ever since the kidnapping track  ...I would rather have a strong script and proper planning from the PH, emphasis on parallel/ new leads and a show that still manages to keep us hooked till a refreshed ASR comes back with a bang ( whenever that is ! ) ...rather than a tired haggard ASR as he looks now, faulty script ...leading to Barun not being able to cope and calling it quits

Yes, I am not willing to give up on IPK ...not yet !!! Wink

Edited by asr13 - 08 November 2012 at 3:31pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mustiannesaya312Archana89sabz105KulfiBai

sairam03 Senior Member
sairam03
sairam03

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 3:36pm | IP Logged
Well agree with you ...you nailed it. But when people take sides they tend to forget the real reasons behind.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

saya312sabz105

saya312 Senior Member
saya312
saya312

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 3:40pm | IP Logged
Like your objectivityThumbs Up I feel Baurn tried to give his best to the role but the motivation was gone. I agree he has to do what he thinks is best for his career and family. Is this a good move for him? who knows? I'm sure his loyal fans will support him...I also agree that the PH has managed the tracks and resources badly. As for Viraf replacing Barun, SP will give it a shot. The only thing I don't understand is SP's insistence on running this showCry they do have shows that can replace ipkknd...so, what r they waiting for? why can't they give the fans a happy ending? at least Geet got a happy ending with the leads still there...

And yes, Sanaya Irani deserves some recognition too!!! she has been a real trooperClap

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

KhuarvLucifer16sabz105

tvbug2011 IF-Dazzler
tvbug2011
tvbug2011

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 3:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sun2011

EDITED to ADD - - My only wish is for SANAYA IRANI the female lead also got her due and fair share of individual awards too for she has been a real trooper and rock of the show -- a genuine articulate beautiful flawless actress and down to earth real life personality. I wish you all ACCOLADES and success in the near future soon.

What say friends - do Like and comment!

Well said! She certainly deserves recognition for her acting in IPKKND and her professionalism!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

saya312Lucifer16sabz105

Go to top