Posted: 11 years ago

Seeing Seema in the seducing mode that was executed with perfection I felt regret. A talented actress given nothing better to do than kitchen politics, when she could have used ammunition power of high society Vs middle class combined with her attitude of an actress to perfection as her attempts to humiliate Madhu.

After the grand entry and dialogues with innuendos, after raising the expectations of the viewers she became the typical vamp of any saas bahu show without the fire power. Of course I love a determined woman with a one track mind, but there was a problem. For all her determination to love herself above all others the character sketch loses out on the most important aspect..  self -respect. How can any selfish person suffer humiliation so? I loved the attempts at seduction, so bold and clever of her… but the impact was lost after that… by the dialogues that was given to the character…

One moment she asks RK if she did not look like Madhu, his 4 phere biwi. Indeed she had dressed like Madhu implying that she was aware of his interest shifting towards his Biwi. The next moment she claims she is better than Madhu… the insecurity is so obvious… even without the tears that shimmer in her eyes when he retorts by asking, "Better in shamelessness?"

With no insight given to their past, where according to what was shown, one was to interpret from RK's words she betrayed his love by choosing his step brother and a chance to stardom over him. But it becomes difficult to understand her parroting… "you know you love me…"

May be we should have been  given a flashback instead of her monologue when she says his choice had so much standard when they were together (over the folded saree).  One day she makes Madhu wear the saree RK gifted as if to taunt him with the past and to remind him of the difference between his past and present choices . The next day she dresses up to look like Madhu…  so confusing as to what the writers wish the Character to present… Should she come out as someone who is confident that she is the best and wishes flaunt it before her lover or is she supposed to be a desperate woman who tries to trick a sedated man to believe he is romancing his wife? I just wish the creative had given a little more depth into this characterisation.

How I wish Rk exposing of her claim that she donated the blood had remained between the two of them , without Madhu as the witness. The secret of their past romance in her version was a powerful weapon this character could have used to add some strength in her villainy. But with one clever manoeuvre  RK exposed Dipz as what she is before Madhu… a liar and  a schemer who valued nothing above herself… someone who was not to be trusted…. However brilliant that was, I still wish the secret was still on which would have given the vamp more power.

Kash , the characterisation of Deepali was given more potential …. Adept with ingenious wile than silly kitchen politics… something befitting an actress … that would have made the character most interesting… but for now her attempts at villainy looks more like acts of desperation… making one wonder what did the arrogant, broken but strong man like RK ever  see in her…

Don't you think she is more Dipali than Dipz, except during seduction?

Well said Bindu...

when first seema made an appearance n hel old photos were posted on IF..i was like🥱

Then her first day...i was not impressed...but now with teh new hairsyle n makeup..teh loud eyes..she llooks good...

ANd u are right about the kitchen politics tingy...a Vamp needs to be strong n bitchy! not desperate n needy!

Lets hoep to see some strong scenes n plottings from her.

The worst part..is her hubby The guy shud have been n burst out jeolous anger filled side kick..not a joker...🥱

Edited by aashluvsmaan - 11 years ago
Nice post Bindu chechi...!!!

i totally agree...Seema is doing an awesome job as a Vamp..
and really good in seduction scenes...like yesterday...!
But her character lacks the consistency in every level...!
also...her character makes no sense around RK...
its strange that, superstar RK who order's everyone around..
seems like a different person altogether in front of Dips...!

she still has an hold over him???
agree with you Bindu.. She is a fine actress, and I am impressed with her voice modulation! In fact, I had high hopes for both Dipz and kukku bhatia..
But while Dipz has been reduced to deepali(which is still not too bad considering her sole aim is to get to RK, nothing else matters), kukku is now merely a mooch, an ill-willing spectator, ..

With the way he had been introduced, I had eagerly awaited the showdowns between the two.. but man! kukku is all bark no bite. I hope they use raza muraad better.

Now that trishna is coming back also, there's two ways the script can go- tighter , where they use the various dimensions of the entangled relationships and broken dreams , or just as meandering as it is right now- where characters do nothing for the plot, nor the plot, anything for them.
Originally posted by devikamd

Nice post Bindu chechi...!!!

i totally agree...Seema is doing an awesome job as a Vamp..
and really good in seduction scenes...like yesterday...!
But her character lacks the consistency in every level...!
also...her character makes no sense around RK...
its strange that, superstar RK who order's everyone around..
seems like a different person altogether in front of Dips...!

she still has an hold over him???

👏.. I was waiting for someone to say this.. Bang on

Agree... Is this the same RK , the RK who went on national TV humiliating Madhu and family?? 
And when it comes to Dipz 🤢.

In my POV I think deepali is just being desperate. Her only concern is money and status 
Seema Mishra is a good actress no doubt. 

Nicely written Bindu!! 👍🏼
trisna is coming back i am waiting for this track is she got 40 lacks? what is next 😲
rightly said...Seema Mishra ia an amazing actress... I never thought I would like her but she surprised me a lot...but I also feel her character should be given more importance
Haha , I'm still too pissed off with the lead actress's (DD 's ) characterization to worry about the vamp so I could care less . 😆 . There are too many inconsistencies in M's character ) which I won't get into since this thread isn't about her ) and her dialogues are pretty forgettable making it really hard to leave an impact .

My point is ... A fine actress like DD ( Geet fans will vouch for this ) has got the raw end of the stick . Look at Raza Murad. What a brilliant actor .. Theyv turned him into a comic character ..! Same goes for the actor who plays Sikki ...! He's actually darn good ..! I didn't even think about deepali's character up until now ... 😆 But I guess you're right ...!
Nice post chechi👏
Seema is a good actress doing good job as Dipali... she is much more tolerable than Trishna...