Qubool Hai

India-Forums

Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

Do you think that serials have a story? (Page 7)

Poll Question: Do you think that serials have a story?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
63 [59.43%]
22 [20.75%]
3 [2.83%]
18 [16.98%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

crazy4KASH_AR IF-Sizzlerz
crazy4KASH_AR
crazy4KASH_AR

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 7:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by harshdb

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">i m not sure on which Catagery should I vote on your thread. as far i observed, any serial initially starts with good story line when the days goes on, they drag it and it becomes routine line . that is where i loose my interest to watch. but QH serial has a great story line. the entire QH team is doing good so far. thats why i voted for the last option.</font>

Well I can surely understand the reason of your dilemma.
The tragedy with the storyline of serials is seriously ghar ghar ki kahani of every daily soap with 1 or 2 exceptions.
But we can't deny that serials do have a story and an award for the Best Story Writer should be incorporated in ITA.
QH is surely doing wonders right now.I'm loving the show like crazy especially the beautiful dialogues.
You voted for the last option.Emm I think in the end serials do end from where they have started by uniting the leads or making both of them dead, no matter how many relevant or irrelevant twists and turns a serial takes in its lifetime.That is why I still believe that serials do have a story line.
Anyways thanks a lot for sharing your views.
Take care!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

harshdb

-Aarya- IF-Dazzler
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 8:17am | IP Logged
A story consists of beginning, middle and end, while serials stories  are never ending!

There are many elements to creating a successful socially conscious running serials which can be recognized for an award through creative writing. It requires a good on screen characters, believable story line, dedicated writers, supportive producers and most importantly an audience who will tune into the next episode. If all these elements come together a story can be a real catalyst for social change and can be recognized for an award. 

I believe a drama is a imitation of a human action that has a beginning, a middle, and an end, where as serials belong to a a separate genre cause of an indefinitely expandable middle.

If anything ITA should have a separate category for soap opera but not story writing. 

Edited by -Aarya- - 12 November 2012 at 8:18am

crazy4KASH_AR

harshdb IF-Stunnerz
harshdb
harshdb

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 10:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy4KASH_AR

Well I can surely understand the reason of your dilemma.
The tragedy with the storyline of serials is seriously ghar ghar ki kahani of every daily soap with 1 or 2 exceptions.
But we can't deny that serials do have a story and an award for the Best Story Writer should be incorporated in ITA.
QH is surely doing wonders right now.I'm loving the show like crazy especially the beautiful dialogues.
You voted for the last option.Emm I think in the end serials do end from where they have started by uniting the leads or making both of them dead, no matter how many relevant or irrelevant twists and turns a serial takes in its lifetime.That is why I still believe that serials do have a story line.
Anyways thanks a lot for sharing your views.
Take care!

i agree with your point dear... u too take care.. happy diwali. Big smile

crazy4KASH_AR

RandomSquared IF-Sizzlerz
RandomSquared
RandomSquared

Teen Bahuraaniyan Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 10:57pm | IP Logged
i think this is why its more needed to have a best write category...so that writers are more encouraged to give shows a story instead of a compilation of event that keep happening without any point.  alot of shows have had and have great stories...there are also shows that have nothing to say.

giving the writers importance will everyone realize the important of good writing.   

crazy4KASH_AR

crazy4KASH_AR
crazy4KASH_AR

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by RandomSquared

i think this is why its more needed to have a best write category...so that writers are more encouraged to give shows a story instead of acompilationof event that keep happening without any point. alot of shows have had and have great stories...there are also shows that have nothing to say.

giving the writersimportancewill everyone realize the important of goodwriting.

Well said dear.
I completely agree with you.
A lot of serials with social issues have come up in the past few years and have been doing exceptionally well.
Writers do need to get a recognition so that they may understand the relevance of a good story even more.
You have shared an amazing idea.
Thanks a lot for sharing with us such a wonderful thought.
Take care!
crazy4KASH_AR
crazy4KASH_AR

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Aarya-

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">A story consists of beginning, middle and end, while serials stories are never ending!

There are many elements to creating a successful socially conscious running serials which can be recognized for an award through creative writing. It requires a good on screen characters, believable story line, dedicated writers, supportive producers and most importantly an audience who will tune into the next episode. If all these elements come together a story can be a real catalyst for social change and can be recognized for an award.

I believe a drama is a imitation of a human action that has a beginning, a middle, and an end, where as serials belong to a a separate genre cause of an indefinitely expandable middle.

If anything ITA should have a separate category for soap opera but not story writing. </font>

Very well written Aarya!!
I agree with you on most of the things youhave said about the serials and their stories.
We do have socially conscious serials like Balik Vadhu, Pratigya which have consistently doing well because of the strong storyline only.
But I think I would disagree with you on the point of expandable middle in relation to serials.There are serials who do end early as well.Moreover, a serial always ends with the point from where it has begun( With a few exceptions of K-serials like Kyunki).For instance,Maryada ended on a very good note and so did DMG finally in the end.
So, I think no matter what twists and turns happen in serials,serials always have their focus on the story of the main leads and eventually keep the audience glued to them till the end.In the past we have seen some really beautiful serials which have created magic and people still adore them.
So according to me serials, should have the best story writer award.

Edited by crazy4KASH_AR - 14 November 2012 at 1:25pm
GroverAddict IF-Sizzlerz
GroverAddict
GroverAddict

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 1:58pm | IP Logged
it has the most wonderfull story 

love QH a lot

crazy4KASH_AR

crazy4KASH_AR
crazy4KASH_AR

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 1:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kritzksgian

it has the most wonderfull story

love QH a lot

So true.
QH has got an amazing storyline and I'm loving it a lot.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Qubool Hai Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index