India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Lesson learned from IPKKND mess!

Falciparum Senior Member
Falciparum
Falciparum

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 11:13am | IP Logged
This post is not meant to add to the existing blame game.  I think if you think about it almost everyone including channel SP, the PH, CVs, actors and frankly us viewers to some extent are to blame for the current situation.
   But, everyone underestimated the popularity of this show and how much people are invested in the show.  This is frankly a first even for the number 1 channel SP.  Yes, they ave had hits like Kyunki in the past, but it is only through IPKKND they have managed to capture the attention of a much larger and different kind of audience.  None of them, be it PH or SP know how to handle the situation.  Frankly, I don't have any hope that this situation will get better.
   But, I think one of the main reason this fiasco has happened is just the daily show format of Indian TVs.  I know many will comment that other TV shows have run much longer and remained popular.  But, let me ask you this...did you watch them? Not me..and frankly that will be the answer for many of us.  I really feel the Indian TV shows should become weekly ! That will give the PH and CVs more berthing time for better tracks!  IPKKND team must be congratulated for giving us an awesome show with fab episodes..for almost a year! That itself is a feat in the daily show format! They deserve kudos.  
Anyway, it is time for some soul searching for SP! Do they want to really reach out to this different, larger audience. Or stick to their tried and tested formula and frankly limit themselves to their loyal base that loves dailes!  
   I have decided tat IPKKND is it for me.  I don't think I will invest this much energy and time for another show.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Ishi2012Simone2005Archu61Archana89spunk22TheDailyRushhira2050arshistarpieryroseFAYKHAN29

spunk22 Senior Member
spunk22
spunk22

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 11:35am | IP Logged
evry1 related to d show here i mean d cast wud b far more attached 2 their show dn fans i guess, n dis prevailing unrest wid evry1 wantin 2 quit is an outcome 2 it. makers r literally butcherin evry character... n dat is so not done.

wid such a wonderful cast dey wud hav achieved so much wid better scripting, but dey introduce new ones...n create a mess...

its such o chaos to even watch, think, read or write about it...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Falciparumpieryrose

Archana89 Senior Member
Archana89
Archana89

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 11:40am | IP Logged
Weekly or seasons with limited number of episodes..or aiming a maximum no of episodes from the start itself would have been a great idea...but what to do..It is SHOWBIZ...money matters..make hay while the sun shines..quality will be compromised when quantity is given importance...let's face it.!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Falciparum

rimzu IF-Rockerz
rimzu
rimzu

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 11:44am | IP Logged
nyc post..

nd me atleast for now wil nt c ne serials..my xams r also cuming up..

Falciparum

Falciparum Senior Member
Falciparum
Falciparum

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 11:48am | IP Logged
But, one action of the PH really irks me and I think is completely unprofessional..is their post on forum32.  I mean who does that.  Forget about viewers...how can you be so insensitive to your own crew!  Really, that makes me think they deserve this.

arshistar

hira2050 IF-Dazzler
hira2050
hira2050

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 11:51am | IP Logged
Agree wid u...i ll neva watch an indian serial especially if dat serial is of four lions...

Falciparum

Falciparum Senior Member
Falciparum
Falciparum

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
Actually, I think all Indian shows are doomed! After a point, they all mess up and can't continue the magic.  I just wish they end this one gracefully.
flirtatious. IF-Rockerz
flirtatious.
flirtatious.

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 10:36pm | IP Logged
Indian TV Shows were meant to be for those stupid old grannies at home who have no sense of reality, no for us loyal fans...
But IPKKND was amazing, and will remain in our hearts forever, we will never be able to forget it!

Falciparum

Go to top