India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Little bit of faith and respect - if you are a fan

Joonmoon Newbie
Joonmoon
Joonmoon

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 10:51am | IP Logged

When I first heard the news about Barun taking a break I felt sad too.  But the kind of reaction we see here in the forum is pretty dramatic.  And quite hurtful and insulting, if I were to look at it from the actor's, PH's or CV's perspective.

Lets ponder, shall we?  Some facts:

1)      We knew that Barun had taken leave to shoot for his movie

2)      Since the shoot was local, he was able to accommodate some shooting schedules for IPK.  It must have been hectic for him, but he did.

3)      Production house (that includes the creative team) did their best to let Barun exercise his career aspirations.  Which again was nice on their part.

4)      We also knew that the movie was going to get released in early 2013 which would mean that he would have to take time off from IPK to help promote his movie.  Since promotions need travelling it would not be possible for him to show up for shooting like last time.  He may still do his best as the script requires him to…

5)      As a professional, Barun has done his part in informing the production house early enough for them to make any adjustment to the storyline to accommodate his absence.

6)      Production house again has come up with a story line which would allow Barun to do the necessary.

7)      The title of the show we so dearly love is "Iss pyar ko kya naam doon?" which suggests that the relationship the leads share cannot be given a name, atleast not until the very end of the story.  They are bound to go through turbulences, heartbreaks, separations as premise of the show suggests.  So, the upcoming story line is pretty much inline with the title of show as well as the tagline "nafrat paas aane na de, mohabbat door jaane na de".  Did we all not sign up for the show knowing the title and tagline both?

8)      IPK is a product of people's hard work, time away from their loved ones, their creativity, their sweat and much more.  Regardless of actors, directors, writers, staffs sickness, holidays, leaves, quits IPK team has kept us entertained and hooked.  Sometimes situations have been quite tough, like going on with the show without one of the leads, but they have managed it and managed it fairly well.

It is extremely easy to be judgmental and react to each and every turn of event.  But only the mature and wise will take few minutes to put themselves in their shoe and ask themselves – what would they have done?

As much as we love this story, the leads, their chemistry, the direction etc – at the end of the day it is a tiny part of our lives.  A source of entertainment.  But for the actors, the creatives, the PH, the channel – its their bread and butter.  So, we may forget/quit to watch the show for smallest of disappointments.  They do not have that luxury.  They will still get up each day and give us their ultimate best under the circumstance they are in.

So, if you call yourself a loyal fan, show some faith and respect.  Thanks.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

squiviarshii143Dreamer-89asr13ipkkndfanforevapopeye

Joonmoon Newbie
Joonmoon
Joonmoon

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 11:00am | IP Logged
Have been a silent reader.  But never knew topics moves so fast in here... Bumping it.
arshii143 Senior Member
arshii143
arshii143

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 11:06am | IP Logged
i have faith in them...But the day anyone of barun or sanaya leaves... is the end of ipk for me..

Edited by arshii143 - 08 November 2012 at 11:05am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hjlaAce11

Joonmoon Newbie
Joonmoon
Joonmoon

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 11:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by arshii143

i have faith in them...But the day anyone of barun or sanaya leaves... is the end of ipk for me..

From what we know he is just taking a break.  This may bring the passion and intensity which has been missing lately back if the CVs handle his leave creatively making it work to the advantage of overall storyline.
asr13 Goldie
asr13
asr13

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Brilliant post !!!!
Agree with you, its just that anything to do with IPK is so volatile, that the PH/Channel needs to carefully screen and monitor what info goes out, as if and when it goes out ...there is no looking back ...it speads like fire !!!!

We do not really need to know what goes on behind the scenes, as long as the show keeps us hooked ...Barun's leave now and then, his negotiations should never have come out in the open ...its the way the situation is handled that causes immense panic and uproar, and gives rise to baseless rumuors and speculations ...because that is what the terrified fans can and will do, in the absence of any clarity, and no official statement from the PH...the PH needs to have better PR, if at all !!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Joonmoonsmitzyipkkndfanforeva

anjaani07 IF-Rockerz
anjaani07
anjaani07

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Joonmoon

From what we know he is just taking a break. This may bring the passion and intensity which has been missing lately back if the CVs handle his leave creatively making it work to the advantage of overall storyline.

Hi,

Sorry to butt in but I liked the tone of your post and I also like your optimism above. I'm usually similar in that I keep faith with the writers but this time I can't help feeling heartbroken at the mere thought that they are thinking of a 'new man' for Khushi. More than BS taking a break that will break my heart because it makes me feel like everything till now meant nothing.

Really applaud you for having that optimism but I'm sorry I'm just finding it so hard to be positive right now...Ouch

Asma

Edited by anjaani07 - 08 November 2012 at 11:15am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ace11asr13

Joonmoon Newbie
Joonmoon
Joonmoon

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 11:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anjaani07

From what we know he is just taking a break. This may bring the passion and intensity which has been missing lately back if the CVs handle his leave creatively making it work to the advantage of overall storyline.

Hi,

Sorry to butt in but I liked the tone of your post and I also like your optimism above. I'm usually similar in that I keep faith with the writers but this time I can't help feeling heartbroken at the mere thought that they are thinking of a 'new man' for Khushi. More than BS taking a break that will break my heart because it makes me feel like everything till now meant nothing.

Really applaud you for having that optimism but I'm sorry I'm just finding it so hard to be positive right now...Ouch

Asma

"A new man in Khushi's life" can be shown in many different light.  Don't forget Shyam was also once "a man in Khushi's life" but that only help spice up Arnav-Khushi story.  And Sheetsl's entry has done just that.  Made Arnav and Khushi closer.  Otherwise tonight's dialogue would have sounded pretty lifeless without the context of Sheetal.  Think about it...

Edited by Joonmoon - 08 November 2012 at 11:29am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

asr13

arshii143 Senior Member
arshii143
arshii143

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 11:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anjaani07

Hi,

Asma

exactly if they confirm it that barun will return in so n so days.. we might watch.. but khushi with some one else.. we can't digest it.. I may watch it again once he return

Go to top