Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

India-Forums

Episode 120 Discussion: 8th Nov 2012 (Page 10)

PreetD Senior Member
PreetD
PreetD

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 8:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Red_Opium

@Preet and Zoya LOLLOLLOL,

Two to three spoons and the man is all about "Baas"!!! I just want to make sure, I don't want surprises.

@Preet, I don't watch amazing race, but my all time favorite movie is Beauty and the Beast!! You just scared me by posting that right now.  Back home my mom gifted me with the Beauty and the Beast's book when I was very young and I was in love with it.   When we came to states that was the first movie that I watched with my cousins at their home.  Also, you have a liking towards GH, and guess what? I was a big fan of Brenda and Jax (never cared for Sunny) used to watch the show religiously, but after they killed her off the first time, I stopped.  Elizabeth was one of my favorite characters. 

See what do I tell you; Long Lost Twin   

I ADORED Brenda and Jax!!! I've always hated Sonny, well not true.. I liked him for a bit but then it became Sonny/Mob Central instead of General Hospital and I was over it. They stopped showing the Nurse's Ball and all we had day in and day out was Sonny related drama.  As big a Jason/Elizabeth fan as I was I even came to hate Jason eventually because it seems like everything revolved around these two characters and they were willing to throw amazing characters under the bus to prop them up.  I love Elizabeth, I just hate what they keep doing to her character.  Elizabeth and Lucky the first time around was the sweetest.  

Edited by PreetD - 08 November 2012 at 8:24pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Red_Opium

Red_Opium Senior Member
Red_Opium
Red_Opium

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 8:41pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Preet

Not SD here, but I think that was the only time that she did address him simply as Rishabh and it melted my heart because she added an "our" before it..

I also want her to call him Rishabh or Rishu (to irritate him lol) from time to time, but I'm hoping that'll come with time, after she's willing to admit her feelings about him, until them I'm enjoying it when she calls him unko (like he's her apne - does that make sense? but you know what I'm talking about right?). I will say that I love how they've never been the type to call each other Madhuji and RKji even if they had met under different conditions. Do husbands and wives really address each other with ji?

@Bold, Preet can you even imagine RK's face if she calls him Rishu??? I would pay anything to see that.  The rest of your post made me laugh out loud so hard that my Dad who is sitting across from me in our living room raised his eyebrows and asked "Are you Ok there". I have about 2 Indian best friends who are married and never heard them call their husband ji, even their parents or grandparents have not done it or at least I was never witness to it.  Maybe it is a trend in India???? Also (again if I'm wrong please correct me) does she address him in formal manner while they are in the company of others?  I have noticed that several time, but can remember all the episodes.  For example, when she was feeding him the first time and Bittuji interrupted them she said something like: Aap ka breakfast!! I guess that shows her respect towards her husband.

@Preet, Yes without and doubt you are my long lost twin.  Brenda and Jax's love story was so extraordinary.  I used to like Jason before his accident and then afterwards he became Sunny's puppet that was harsh to watch. Yes, I loved Elizabeth and Lucky, the whole rape storyline was just outstandingly done.  

Edited by Red_Opium - 08 November 2012 at 9:00pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

PreetDvaani21

Red_Opium Senior Member
Red_Opium
Red_Opium

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 8:57pm | IP Logged

Pritt has just made this VM, it is so funny please watch it. Titled "Bittuji Interruption Special VM"

Edited by Red_Opium - 08 November 2012 at 8:57pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

PreetDvaani21zoya_naziya

PreetD Senior Member
PreetD
PreetD

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 9:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Red_Opium

@Bold, Preet can you even imagine RK's face if she calls him Rishu??? I would pay anything to see that.  The rest of your post made me laugh out loud so hard that my Dad who is sitting across from me in our living room raised his eyebrows and asked "Are you Ok there". I have about 2 Indian best friends who are married and never heard them call their husband ji, even their parents or grandparents have not done it or at least I was never witness to it.  Maybe it is a trend in India???? Let's ask the Maha Guru "Shri" that question.  Also (again if I'm wrong please correct me) does she address him in formal manner while they are in the company of others?  I have noticed that several time, but can remember all the episodes.  For example, when she was feeding him the first time and Bittuji interrupted them she said something like: Aap ka breakfast!! I guess that shows her respect towards her husband.

@Preet, Yes without and doubt you are my long lost twin.  Brenda and Jax's love story was so extraordinary.  I used to like Jason before his accident and then afterwards he became Sunny's puppet that was harsh to watch. Yes, I loved Elizabeth and Lucky, the whole rape storyline was just outstandingly done.  

@bold - ROFL that's exactly why.. I would love to see the expression he makes!
The way she addresses him now it just makes it seem as if she's actually accepted him as her husband, he's her other half.. This is the main reason I'm so excited about tomorrows episode, I'm interested to see how this is going to go down and what exactly she's going to say.  Is she even going to address that it's her husband he wanted to kill or any of her feelings for him.  I'm leaning towards it being more of a "how could you contemplate killing anyone?" kind of conversation though.

As for the ji, I asked my mom why she doesn't call my dad with ji a couple weeks ago and she laughed.  I told her that's how she should address him from now on.  She refused.  I was not impressed. Stern Smile

@GH - I could not agree more about that storyline, just so brilliant, and the way they wrote them falling in love and how Lucky helped her through it, just amazing.  I actually loved Robin and Jason, I don't remember much of Jason before the accident I do remember pictures of his holiday sweater lol  The only other person/storyline I've ever liked him with was with Elizabeth and that too because they kind of saved each other and it started with a great friendship.  

Oh and I wanted to ask - are you by chance watching Beauty and the Beast on the CW? 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Red_Opiumzoya_naziya

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 9:08pm | IP Logged
>>>>>> I have about 2 Indian best friends who are married and never heard them call their husband ji, even their parents or grandparents have not done it or at least I was never witness to it.  Maybe it is a trend in India???? Let's ask the Maha Guru "Shri" that question.  Also (again if I'm wrong please correct me) does she address him in formal manner while they are in the company of others?  I have noticed that several time, but can remember all the episodes.  For example, when she was feeding him the first time and Bittuji interrupted them she said something like: Aap ka breakfast!! I guess that shows her respect towards her husband.

Zoe,

Adding a ji ...is choice. People of my age, generation wouldn't mind that as its beauty of language and addressing which appeals to us. While speaking in Hindi, I like speaking with "Aap" most of the time and on "Tum" basis only with close ones. 

As for Madhu's addressing of RK.
She calls him RK or Rishabh Kundra. Rishabh is secret addressal as of now Wink Anyways I don't think Madhu likes calling him Rishabh or Rishu.

She talks to him on Tum basis when with him and talking to him. But she goes back to Aap, unka, woh when she is talking about him with others. She started doing it since her marriage. So its more of her manners for addressing her husband with others. She still calls him RK even with others, but on formal basis. So she is shown to have a mix of modern+traditional mind.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

PreetDRed_Opiumvaani21hansa22zoya_naziya

zoya_naziya IF-Rockerz
zoya_naziya
zoya_naziya

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 9:14pm | IP Logged
I am going off topic now... Stupid me  just realised that in y'day epi RK used the back of his hand to caress Madhu's cheek coz his  palm was bandaged... How dumb of me!!!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

PreetDRed_Opiumvaani210-SD-0

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 9:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zoya_naziya

I am going off topic now... Stupid me  just realised that in y'day epi RK used the back of his hand to caress Madhu's cheek coz his  palm was bandaged... How dumb of me!!!!

Zoya,

Even if it was not bandaged, he would have use the back of hand as its highly inconvenient for anyone to stroke a right cheek of a person standing before you with your right hand palm. That's why I was raising the point yesterday, why the obsession with her right cheek, when he could do easily stroke her left cheek. And this bandage was like band-aid. So much of the hand was free of bandage.LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

PreetDRed_Opiumvaani21zoya_naziya

Red_Opium Senior Member
Red_Opium
Red_Opium

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 9:37pm | IP Logged

@Preet, I have heard about that show from my sister.  She told me that it premiered this fall, I have not been able to catch it yet.  Although, I do like the lead actress Kristin Kreuk, she was my favorite in Smallville.  Do you watch it, if so does it worth the time? 

Originally posted by SD

Adding a ji ...is choice. People of my age, generation wouldn't mind that as its beauty of language and addressing which appeals to us. While speaking in Hindi, I like speaking with "Aap" most of the time and on "Tum" basis only with close ones.

She talks to him on Tum basis when with him and talking to him. But she goes back to Aap, unka, woh when she is talking about him with others. She started doing it since her marriage. So its more of her manners for addressing her husband with others. She still calls him RK even with others, but on formal basis. So she is shown to have a mix of modern+traditional mind.

@Bold, Shri in Dari we have the same concept when we address people.  Some languages lack the use and distinction between formal and informal.  Hindi has word ji and in my language we use the word  "jaan". I always address my parents in formal manner and my sister who is younger in informal manner, and this concept is so foreign for my friends who speak Arabic.  Modern day Arabic lacks this concept.

@Madhu addressing RK:  So I was not wrong, I observed the change between formal and informal language use correctly. I have to thank the Bollywood movies and the entire industry for helping me learn this language.   

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

PreetD0-SD-0zoya_naziya

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index