Episode 120 Discussion: 8th Nov 2012 - Page 6

Posted: 11 years ago
As there is nothing to prattle about, but all the same we are overwhelmed with today's beautiful developments between Madhu and RK, I would like to compare two scenes. Coming from reading Hima, Zoya, Zoe and Preet's comments on Page 6

So this is for Hima, Zoe, Zoya and Preet.

Pooja Night - MB thinks RK insulted her father. 
RK in deep thoughts about how Madhu would react to Shamsher being the attacker.
Madhu comes in and gives his food. She doesn't want to feed RK. RK makes her feed him. He first makes her sit opposite him.
She does not want to look at him ...at all. She does not even want to respond to him. Coz she thinks he is not worth any of it.
RK gets that  and is hurt, to the extent that it rattles him. He wants to know what happened. He first tells Biwi ...Bas.
He asks Biwi what is the matter. Biwi gets up to go. RK stops her. We then know the whole drama how he makes her blurt out what ails her. They fight and he stops short of telling the truth and lets her believe what would make her happy.
She leaves him reminding him that his medicines are lying on the table and he better take them provided his ego allows for it.
When she leaves, he kicks the chair, angry that Madhu thinks ill of him when he did not do anything.
That day, RK through the script reading, made her call him a jaanwar...ridiculing himself, but infact telling her what thinks of him as. Trying to make her guilty of manners and weaken her attitude. 

What mattered to RK that day. Madhu and her feelings. 
What hurt RK that day - that Madhu is not even looking at his face, doesn't even want to talk to him. That lost case pity for RK and anger at him that he insulted her father.
What was Madhu that day ? A piece of swell pride.

Tonight - MB suspects that her father is the attacker, who tried to kill RK
RK already knows what Madhu would go through if she gets to know that Shamsher is the attacker. He knows that Madhu's pride will take a hit.
He is already in action mode how to keep Madhu busy in not thinking about the locket. Makes himself center of her existence.
Madhu complies with head, but heart is elsewhere. She is feeding him without looking at  him. But she is lost elsewhere. The difference being, she is not conscious of him like last time. This time, RK is not even on her horizon.
He tries to probe her. And when she doesn't tell him...says ho haya. Like last time. 
But is RK hurt like last time ? No. At least last time he went soft trying to find out why she is upset. This time, he is not hurt but trying to bring her back to his world. Aims at any talk. Tries to take a dig at her pride by turning his Sasurjee into her Maalik. It works. She responds emotionally. And which emotion she showed ? Fear at being caught.
RK orders that that he will not allow her to visit her maayka if this is what she turns herself into...a fearing squirrel instead of a wild cat. Again Animal Imagery. But this time, more to pull her up, strengthen her attitude which almost looks beleagured.
Does Madhu get any upset ? Does she get any emotional ? Does she feel anything ? Yes. She is not upset, but she feels his affection inspite of the stupid animal imagery there. She could care less what he said there. Did you see her expression, it was just looking at him, her full attention showered on him, not caring to register what he said about her, but cared to read his eyes and the meaning behind those words. "Truly he was a karaar today to her Bekaraar mind" 

Although I could not relate to the "Door rahke bhi mujhe mein hai too" I think this was not needed. As she was not letting him into her world, nor she wanted him there. And it would make sense later when she gets to know that RK had known along that he had been supporting her since he got to know that her father was the attacker.

The two scenes were so similar in setting, elements and context. But the individuals and the state of minds were different today. That day RK was a disturbed man. And today it was Madhu who was a disturbed woman. That day a proud woman. And today a very humbled woman. That day a woman abhorring the conceited man before her, today a woman knowing the comfort offered by the man who has made her life as his responsibility. That day a man who wanted his Biwi to think good of him, today a man who did not care what his Biwi thought of him, just wanted to comfort her whichever way it can be achieved, that day a man angry at his Biwi's false pride and yet willing to allow it, today a man upset at a humbled Biwi and wanting to prop her up with anything. 

Zoe and Zoya,
Please explain to me karaar and bekaraar. 
And tell me did i get the emotion right there ?

Edited by 0-SD-0 - 11 years ago
It really was a great episode.  I don't know if anyone else noticed this or questioned this.  But how quickly did Dipali change back to her old clothes!  Not to mention her old hairstlye, makeup and jewelary!  I mean Madu and RK were in the room for no more then like 5 minutes and when they came downstairs, Dips was already there back in her old outfit!!  Do writers not think about little things like that now a days?
Originally posted by un786

It really was a great episode.  I don't know if anyone else noticed this or questioned this.  But how quickly did Dipali change back to her old clothes!  Not to mention her old hairstlye, makeup and jewelary!  I mean Madu and RK were in the room for no more then like 5 minutes and when they came downstairs, Dips was already there back in her old outfit!!  Do writers not think about little things like that now a days?

Haha.. I was wondering about this as well BUT then I noticed that Madhu had also changed and redone her hair so it's not so far fetched...  

SD - Loved your post!!! Just going to go watch tonight's episode on TV in a few here so I'll be back after I watch with my mom 😊
Edited by PreetD - 11 years ago
Preet,

About your thinking that a hug is on its way...The way I understood both of these proud characters is that either of them is not willing to seek comfort when they are in extreme hurt condition. At max they would just allow talk and touch.

Madhu never much broke into sobbing before RK. Leave the two times of  weeping in bed and after watching the Mr.India movie. So we don't know how RK would respond to weeping now. May he would just talk her out of it, in much more comfortable manner than previous times and may hold her. But a hug might be too much for RK at this time.

As for Madhu hugging RK, since she trusts him now and willing offload her pent up emotion and not to show love of affection, if she does that, that would not make her weak woman. She will rather come out as a more emotionally rounded person. And how would RK react to this kind of hug ? I am sure he will neither take any advantage of it, nor make little of it. He would empathetically talk her out of her emotional state, just like he did in the studio.

For the romantic hugs, I am sure CVs will not know to take them naturally and instead, will have them fall over each other in accidental manner.

As for yesterday's eye blowing moment, I was laughing at Madhu's contrived ...what do you call that in english...in hindi...the thing Madhu was doing with her dupatta right in front of a person instead of doing it in some other direction.  In Telugu, my mother tongue it is called "Dulupudu". That was such a bad etiquette there. I didn't want to ruin the moment yesterday by speaking of it. 
It was like a purposeful action to pick up a fight...The water from the dupatta or the dupatta end itself hits the man's eyes. 😆
Originally posted by un786

Did you read my analysis yesterday ? That's why I was saying nothing of the seduction happened.  It was RK who was hallucinating. Since Madhu never did any of those acts, he imagined Deeps to start and super-imposed Madhu's face on that seductive act. 😆 😆

🤣

Anyways time warp issues reproduce over MEIEJ set like virus.

[quote=Preet] "Tumhare pita mere pita saman hain, hala ke inke yeh halat mere admiyon neh kar de, par mere pas be dil hai, main bhi insaan hoon"

"Ek bap ke gursar janyka ghum kya hota hai yeh main shayad tumse zada acha janta hoon, 12 shal ka tha jab maine apne hathon se apne bap ko jalya tha, par main tumhare sath aisa nahin hone doonga"

Why did I go back and pull these lines and transcribe them terribly, butchering the language in the process? Well because I think those sentiments, those feelings still hold true. Especially the second quote (the first one was interesting because of the first bit) only this time he's fueled by more positive feelings towards Madhu and the added layer is that he doesn't want to see her hurt. He has the most amazing memories of his father that were overshadowed by the way in which his father decided to leave him. Madhu has these wonderful memories of her father and he doesn't want those shattered, he wants to protect those feelings she has for her father because he himself understands how precious they are firsthand from his own experiences. That right there is his dialogue I think - they just have to adjust it a bit to this situation.

I wonder if that made sense lol... Sometimes the jumbled mess in my brain makes so much more sense when it just stays a jumbled mess in my head. Lol[/quote]

@Bold, no one could have explained this any better than you have done.  So Amazing!!! And thank you for going back to the "Proposal" I have seen that scene more than 50th times.  This similarity will make them understand each other in a better and almost a brand new way.

[quote=Preet] I am most definitely head over heels for Mr. Kundra lol... I would like to specifiy for the record again that it is RK that I love to distraction and not so much VD but I suppose that if not for VD's mad acting chops I wouldn't have RK so I shall agree to love him a tiny bit as well. Lol

And

I can already see a hug on the horizon when Madhu shows that moment of weakness and breaks down about the whole incident with Malik, although that might just be wishful thinking. I get that we want her to be a strong female character (and especially after reading SD's take on her and how she can't be owned I am more convinced that she is supposed to be that strong woman that's stronger than people realize and with RK's help she's going to become even more so), I would probably be the first one if she turned into a weak leaky tap like her mother in law, but regardless of how strong we all are there always comes that moment when you need to just let go to be able to move on from something like this. It is tiring work being so strong in times like that.[/quote]

@Green Preet sweetie, I feel like you are my long lost identical twin at times when I read you post.  I'm infatuated by RK, but grateful to Vivian for his acting ability.  He portrays a complex character with such a greatness and ease it amazes me.  I can never picture anyone else as RK.

@Red, another amazing analogy towards Madhu level of strength.  I love how you mentioned that she can be stronger with RK at her side; pure genuine partner indeed can be the source of unlimited strength. Oh Oh Oh and I'm dying for a HUG scene!!! 

Edited by Red_Opium - 11 years ago
SD! 

Always a treat to read your views.👏

I loved RK today. He knows what his wife is going through and tried to pacify her in his way. Typical RK. Such an endearing quality I can say. 

But I believe Madhu stands for the right as she always does, be it Malik or RK. Waiting for tomorrow. I want to see madhu's and Malik's reaction.

'Its not love that hurts. What hurts is being hurt by someone you love'

RK has gone through this. He will try to help Madhu to come out of this. 

RK calling Madhu as Madhu

I read lot of posts in the forum that went gaga that yesterday RK was calling Madhu as Madhu and not Biwi.

Let me remind you guys and actually recount what I have felt at my discovery.

RK calls Madhu as Madhu for the first time on the morning post his marriage. This is when Madhu goes to confront him while he is boxing, as to why he humiliated her mother. When Madhu tells him "Tum usi laayek the", RK calls her Madhu  and speaks his mind.

Watch these videso. In continuation. The second one has him calling her Madhu.

Doesn't that surprise all of you that, this guy until marriage was calling her Madhubala, after marriage mockingly calls her Biwi, but when talking in all earnest and without any of his put up act, he called her Madhu.

That day I was thinking,,.,.why and how could he call her Madhu. Is it because it is easy to call her that way? The short name instead of long one ? If I were in his place, I would have still called Madhubala hadn't I in my mind actually her Madhu few times.

Your thoughts are welcome.

Originally posted by 0-SD-0

The two scenes were so similar in setting, elements and context. But the individuals and the state of minds were different today. That day RK was a disturbed man. And today it was Madhu who was a disturbed woman. That day a proud woman. And today a very humbled woman. That day a woman abhorring the conceited man before her, today a woman knowing the comfort offered by the man who has made her life as his responsibility. That day a man who wanted his Biwi to think good of him, today a man who did not care what his Biwi thought of him, just wanted to comfort her whichever way it can be achieved, that day a man angry at his Biwi's false pride and yet willing to allow it, today a man upset at a humbled Biwi and wanting to prop her up with anything. 

👏 if there was an emoticon for a standing o, I'd totaly have inserted that there.. Imagine this head is actually standing on two legs (or one leg, I'm not bothered).  So beautifully put.. Honestly SD, sometimes you leave me in awe with your analysis of these episodes.  That's why I think I love coming into this thread, there are so many brilliant people hanging out in here that just leave me in awe.

RE: hugs SD - I honestly don't think that the hug I described is going to happen, it was mostly wishful thinking on the horizon of my dreams lol  I would agree that likely the hugs will be really clunk-ily created just like some of the romantic moments we've seen between these two already.  I wish they could bring about a hug naturally.  I mean the only one we really have is the one from the night at the studio and that was only one sided.. but how she was holding onto him <sigh> Now we just need him to hold her back just the same lol

As for Madhu hugging RK, since she trusts him now and willing offload her pent up emotion and not to show love of affection, if she does that, that would not make her weak woman. She will rather come out as a more emotionally rounded person. And how would RK react to this kind of hug ? I am sure he will neither take any advantage of it, nor make little of it. He would empathetically talk her out of her emotional state, just like he did in the studio.

As for yesterday's eye blowing moment, I was laughing at Madhu's contrived ...what do you call that in english...in hindi...the thing Madhu was doing with her dupatta right in front of a person instead of doing it in some other direction.  In Telugu, my mother tongue it is called "Dulupudu". That was such a bad etiquette there. I didn't want to ruin the moment yesterday by speaking of it. 
It was like a purposeful action to pick up a fight...The water from the dupatta or the dupatta end itself hits the man's eyes. 😆

@bold - this is why I would love it... 

@the drying dupatta in RK's direction - I felt the same way but chose to ignore it, like really, you had to do it right in his face?  But then I'm like well it's only fair that he soaked her so she's just repaying the favour although not as severely.  I liked it better in the SBS video, there it hit him when she was turning away from him and she was throwing the one end over her shoulder and she turns around when he makes a noise and realizes she's hit him in the eye.. Oh well.  If you prefer that better you can pretend that's the scene they showed lol.. 

I'm going to go a little off topic here but this is kind of what I do when I watch Beastly.  I love the story of Beauty and the Beast, have since I first saw the Disney version (it was my first movie in the theater) so I liked Beastly as well and waited forever for the movie to be released (it was delayed so many times it was ridiculous).  We finally go to see it and I'm liking it (for what it is you know) and then we get to the end and I'm like "WTH was that?!  What kind of ending was that?".  I had been expecting a different ending as in the initial trailers for the movie they had included scenes from an alternate ending.  Thankfully they included this alternate ending in the DVD so I refuse to watch the movie with the theatrical ending, I watch it with the alternate ending because the one they went with is terrible.  

Did you read my analysis yesterday ? That's why I was saying nothing of the seduction happened.  It was RK who was hallucinating. Since Madhu never did any of those acts, he imagined Deeps to start and super-imposed Madhu's face on that seductive act. 😆 😆

🤣

Anyways time warp issues reproduce over MEIEJ set like virus.

SD!!!  You must not even jest about RK have such hallucinations about Dipzy!  I thought I said this yesterday! 
uck uck uck!
Originally posted by Red_Opium

[quote=Preet] I am most definitely head over heels for Mr. Kundra lol... I would like to specifiy for the record again that it is RK that I love to distraction and not so much VD but I suppose that if not for VD's mad acting chops I wouldn't have RK so I shall agree to love him a tiny bit as well. Lol

And

I can already see a hug on the horizon when Madhu shows that moment of weakness and breaks down about the whole incident with Malik, although that might just be wishful thinking. I get that we want her to be a strong female character (and especially after reading SD's take on her and how she can't be owned I am more convinced that she is supposed to be that strong woman that's stronger than people realize and with RK's help she's going to become even more so), I would probably be the first one if she turned into a weak leaky tap like her mother in law, but regardless of how strong we all are there always comes that moment when you need to just let go to be able to move on from something like this. It is tiring work being so strong in times like that.[/quote]

@Green Preet sweetie, I feel like you are my long lost identical twin at times when I read you post.  I'm infatuated by RK, but grateful to Vivian for his acting ability.  He portrays a complex character with such a greatness and ease it amazes me.  I can never picture anyone else as RK.

@Red, another amazing analogy towards Madhu level of strength.  I love how you mentioned that she can be stronger with RK at her side; pure genuine partner indeed can be the source of unlimited strength. Oh Oh Oh and I'm dying for a HUG scene!!! 

@ bold - 🤗 awww Twinnie!!! (You don't happen to watch The Amazing Race do you?  Cause it's funnier if you watch it) lol

@ purple - exactly.. I think that's truly where it's headed and why theirs is the epic love story!

@ hug scene - I'm afraid that we may not have a hug scene in our future at all unless they go ahead with the track where Madhu enters the film industry soon here and they end up doing a scene that calls for one.. I don't care though, I'll take it! lol