I hate eliminations !

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

music-a-muse

IF-Dazzler

music-a-muse

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 1:30am | IP Logged
I hate eliminations !  seriously. I do.

These  young adults practice for many  hard long years to reach where they are today. yes, everyone has a bad day, that does not mean they are not talented or motivated.

It is worse to see kids on shows being sent home. How ever sweet the judges are, the parents supportive, a child  knows and is unhappy that he/she is not there on the show singing away being happy.

Yeah, yeah, i know is a competition Angry everyone has to go home and there can be only one winner.Ouch

In a Utopia-esque scenario, can we have a show, where the contestants only sing and sing, they can choose a best performer of the day and the show goes on for 12 weeks. no drama , no tamashaLOL everyone is happySmile and probably, it will be boringLOL

Yeah, i know i should be listening to the radio or FM  for thatLOL someone will writeLOL

I still hate eliminations.Cry

Edited by music-a-muse - 08 November 2012 at 1:30am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

gaayikar07cdesicrowd_Invincible_tulipbaby53Dabulls23

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "I hate eliminations !" in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 9:16am | IP Logged
It breaks my heart to see small children getting eliminated more than the adults. I feel like it's giving them a good learning lesson though. It teaches the child from a young age how to deal with competition, and how sometimes you can work really hard and try your best but things may not always work out as planned. It's sad, but it is something they have to learn, especially if they have interests in singing as a career. 

Your idea for a singing show with no eliminations is a good thought, but I think it's setting people up for more failrure. They get false hopes about their talent because they will think that everyone gets a chance someday. That's not true though. Some tremendously talented people don't get noticed at all. I remember the music school at my old college, and I heard some AMAZINGLY talented people, but they were struggling so much just find enough money to pay their bills. They were in tremendous debt too from school and buying instruments or taking lessons.

Sorry, I got really off topic. I guess I'm just a little bit upset about how much talent there is and how few opportunities exist. This in life in general though, not just singing. Even in my everyday life I see this too. Such brilliant people do not have jobs or are just working hourly jobs despite having talent and degrees, while others who do not have so many degrees end up making more money and have job.Ouch

Edited by tulipbaby53 - 08 November 2012 at 9:17am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

gaayikamusic-a-museMeredithdesicrowdDabulls23

music-a-muse

IF-Dazzler

music-a-muse

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 8:30am | IP Logged
Yeah tulip, i understand what you are trying to say.

When in India, we are trying desperately to give unconditional support to the children in various forms in schools, esp by bringing about the grading system, which is a major breakthrough in my opinion,  corporal punishment trying to making its way out, school counselors being roped in and so many small things to make a child feel loved and appreciated, which may be  a  standard situation abroad, i personally feel these shows, especially for children are not good. It is not a small show, small kids thrust on a large platform at a very very young age. They have enough issues to deal with in schools.

Young adolescents and adults  find it difficult to deal with rejection, how can we expect a small child to understand?

Life is a subliminal competition right from birth. Do we have to make it aware to them so early?

I am disliking dance and music shows with little kids. sorry. However cute they areCry

I still feel there should some way to eliminate the elimination process and still have a fun filled, joyful show.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gaayika

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 9:06am | IP Logged
I'm glad to see the changes happening in India because I feel sometimes it's too tight there. When my parents were growing up, I think the only careers parents found logical were being a doctor, an engineer. or something in business. Unfortunately, what's happening now is that there too many of them and not enough jobs. I'm glad there's external support out there for people wanting to pursue different career paths. I just wonder who will be there for the child for the internal support. I know that even here there's nothing available to change a parent's narrow mind set about what they feel their child should be when they grow up.

There's a disgusting show here called Toddlers and Tiaras. It's about these poor little girls who are around ages 4-7 who are participating in beauty pageants. It's a competition where small girls are wearing very frilly and uncomfortable dress and wearing layers of makeup while performing different acts  in front of judges in order to win the title of Pageant Queen. It's different if it's an adult doing this, but these are small children who mostly are forced by their mothers to participate. The children say things about loving it, but it's also what they are conditioned to believe. I couldn't imagine a 4 year old saying on her own that she wants to be a Pageant Queen. I can believe she might enjoy the fun costumes and to wear some makeup, but most children are curious about those things. The competition itself though is really intense, and I feel it's ruining the child's innocence. These girls talk like adults and say catty comments when they are being interviewed. It's not normal to hear children talk like that. Also, they child gets so overworked because they have to practice and learn so many complicated dances and songs for the pageant. 

I do agree that reality platforms for small children are really dangerous if parents are not giving the child the right guidance. Unfortunately, some parents try to push their failed dreams onto their children. They keep forcing them to practice and do not let the child quit. Even when the child is frustrated and crying. It's not just in the case of acting or singing, it can be any career path. That's why sometimes children grow up their whole lives thinking they "love" a certain career path idea, only to later realize that it's not their idea but their parent's. 

I feel like we just need to let kids be kids. Let let fall down, get hurt, and explore the world. Parents should be guide for their children, but they should not dictate to the child how they should live. Especially once the child is in college and trying figure out their life, parents then need to take the role of a support system and guide them from behind. The child should feel like no matter what, my parents have my back, and they are someone who I can turn to for advice when needed. They love me regardless of what I choose. I feel some parents fail to make their child feel that even though they do love their children greatly.

I'm sorry, I'm leaving you these novels. Your topic's about something else, and I'm going in a different direction. LOL

Edited by tulipbaby53 - 09 November 2012 at 9:15am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gaayika

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.