India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Indian TV Serials (Your Views) (Page 3)

.....Lata..... IF-Dazzler
.....Lata.....
.....Lata.....

Posted: 14 May 2005 at 1:50am | IP Logged

wow this is one topic i wanted to discuss since a long time. Yeah instead of bashing only Ekta's serials and some others I would say all, almost all the serials are really testing our patience and torture us after a point of time. Gone are the days when we used to wait with bated breath to watch the next episode be it after one week. Here din ba din we have to bear the same torture. In this hectic pace of our mechanical life these are the few moments of happiness we seek and look what we get. In fact now I enjoy IF more than the serials and just to keep myself updated so that we can discuss about it I prefer to watch the serials. Thats the effect of idiot box as they call it. We can't do with it nor without it.

Cheers

Lata

AALIYAH786 Goldie
AALIYAH786
AALIYAH786

Posted: 14 May 2005 at 2:46am | IP Logged

Quite right Lata.................its not only Ekta's serails but the majority of all indian serials...................they just stretch stretch and strech.......................as mentioned earlier...........Piya Ka Ghar and Astitva should have ended long time ago....................the ways things are going on both these serials it dont look like its gonna end anytime soon

These stories start very nice just like TD but somewhere along the line these writers just loose their minds and mess the whole serial.................and by stretching they loose viewers as well so where is the point of continuing airing it without viewersAngry

chinti Goldie
chinti
chinti

Posted: 14 May 2005 at 3:38am | IP Logged

thanx for starting this wonderful discussion flash!

yeah aaliyah ...its all the indian serials

but still ektas are maha high phi

----> ppl pregnant for more than 15 month (KTH)

----> so  called age leaps (kyunki)

----> no sense of family planning (kasauti)

----> a mother trying to destroy her own son? (kavyanjali)

----> child swapping which is realized after 25 sumthing years (kahani)

these are just sum....but really?.....r they trying to teach us this thru the most common media?

saroj Senior Member
saroj
saroj

Posted: 14 May 2005 at 4:09am | IP Logged
Indian serial makers do not believe in a dignified end at all....they stretch the serials so much that it turns into a mental torture for the viewers.A bit of drama and absurdity is acceptable to the viewers but most serials border on nonsensical stuff nowadays.Ekta is the pioneer in this respect but the other producers have caught on her now...in serial after serial we see the same utter rubbish.
Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 14 May 2005 at 4:11am | IP Logged

such a fantastic topic flash!!!

well here is my rant:

as sree said we have witnessed so many deaths in KSBKBT and also in Astitva...why have a cast when you are planning to kill them off?

Also this leap thing...i think it is just basically an excuse to carry on showing the shows with dragging story lines e.g. piya ka ghar (megha will behave like a 6 year old & astitva sia falling in love with an older man who is her real father...)

As chinti said pregnancies being prolonged is 100% true...do they not know when 9 months are over?

but as other members said, we too are at fault for watching the serials, but let's hope ekta kapoor is reading and is taking note of our complaints Embarrassed

innocentindian Goldie
innocentindian
innocentindian

Posted: 14 May 2005 at 7:44am | IP Logged

how about a different perspective to this:

Why should they stop the serials if;

1) the serials are raking in money despite being crap?

2) the people keep watching the serials despite them being crap?

3) why do us people who have been posting that they are crap, keep watching these serials despite them bebing crap?

OK, I asked the questions, so I ain't gonna answer them - definately not yet anyway....

chinti Goldie
chinti
chinti

Posted: 14 May 2005 at 9:37am | IP Logged

1) the serials are raking in money despite being crap?

coz we watch them!

2) the people keep watching the serials despite them being crap?

we hav nothing better to do wid life....i mean really now-a-days life is just too hectic.....if there was sumthing else interesting to watch mind u i'd rather see that

3) why do us people who have been posting that they are crap, keep watching these serials despite them bebing crap?

again....see answer to twoWink

meghavi IF-Rockerz
meghavi
meghavi

Posted: 14 May 2005 at 12:38pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by jazmine

I agree also With others! For Instance, Theres Ekta who starts of her Shows real good but she stretches it too much and it becomes like her other serials" You see Kkusum has been running for more than 3 years and KTH is nearly becoming like Kkusum! In all serials , whatever Production house it is, They always have to have Middle Class Status people good and High Status Bad, its like being Stereotype. Thats why we watch it but sometimes people get tired of the same old story repeating over and over again! Ekta brings out many people from the Dead after she kills them! And the characters have several Face Surgeries!

I agree with you Jenny, and everyone else.  Now Ekta's new serial KYPH is starting off good, but its some scenes are from KTH, too.

Go to top