My take on Sandhya's silence. - Page 5

Posted: 11 years ago
UMDU, While I disagree with your take on Bhabho sometimes I agree with you on what you said here about Sandhya, especially in your previous post.  While I like to believe that the writers have thought through this for this extended period of time, I doubt it.  I think for soaps they do have basic plot but make things up along, don't they?  I don't know if they started with a bound script.  If they did, kudos to the writers. I like this version of Sandhya.  I don't think I'd have preferred a rebellious one forcing her husband to choose between mom and wife.  You can do a lot if you keep your cool than when you huff and puff.  Besides, it is this Sandhya that Sooraj fell in love.  Wonder if his love would be the same for her if she did not try to balance different things happening in the household.
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by ladyterp

UMDU, While I disagree with your take on Bhabho sometimes I agree with you on what you said here about Sandhya, especially in your previous post.  While I like to believe that the writers have thought through this for this extended period of time, I doubt it.  I think for soaps they do have basic plot but make things up along, don't they?  I don't know if they started with a bound script.  If they did, kudos to the writers. I like this version of Sandhya.  I don't think I'd have preferred a rebellious one forcing her husband to choose between mom and wife.  You can do a lot if you keep your cool than when you huff and puff.  Besides, it is this Sandhya that Sooraj fell in love.  Wonder if his love would be the same for her if she did not try to balance different things happening in the household.
Thank You for your inputs. I do believe media has a role to play in social transformation and definitely DABH has been written with that purpose in mind by the CVs. It is not an nomal story. From the beginning it was decided it is a story of the struggle of a girl to achieve her dreams of  IPS in a traditional society. That was always the theme and did not come up in between.The portrayal of Sandhya's character as submissive at home is according to me an attempt to keep her within the system and achieve her dreams not move out. I do not believe it was an after thought. From the beginning it was meant to be a love story with a supportive husband  helping his wife achieve her dreams. Whether they did it with philantrophic intentions or to make money it will in the long run force the viewers to think in this direction. Other facets of her character we have all already discussed in detail. I was only looking for an outside reason and so the thread.