Diya Aur Baati Hum

   

My take on Sandhya's silence. (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 6

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 6
Page 5 Page 6

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Joined: 31 August 2012

Posts: 3185

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 1:50am | IP Logged
The fourth point Samiji was to make a correction as you said in your post the revolutionaries were a part of Gandhi's Civil disobedience movement, I just pointed out they were not and it was a parallel movement. It however has no relevance to the discussion it was just a correction. Regarding social causes being taken up by corporates,  I have already stated the self interest involved and Star Plus not doing it for purely unselfish reason. Regarding the analogy  accepting or not accepting is purely your choice. I can't say anything about that. Nevertheless I have to thank you for all your inputs and taking time to read my exhaustive thread and answers. It needs a lot of patience and I appreciate that gesture.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-SamiR--Amli-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "My take on Sandhya's silence. (Page 4)" in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

farhana874

IF-Dazzler

farhana874

Joined: 08 April 2012

Posts: 4189

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 1:58am | IP Logged
Wonderfully written as always Aunty!
And great replies by all!

I agree with Deebz...Sandy's silence alone will serve her nothing...But once she realizes a determined Sooraj is standing tall behind her to fight all the odds for her...She will start her march!

But again Bharathi'dis comment got me thinking...
What if there was not a Sooraj for Sandy!
Tab bhi kya Sandy should have been portrayed like this?? Silent? Non-rebellious?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shehjar-SamiR-Juna04-Amli-

.McFlurry.

Goldie

.McFlurry.

Joined: 09 October 2012

Posts: 1606

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 2:00am | IP Logged
I think she is silent because she is love with suraj.and is scared if she protests bhabo will send her away from suraj.

yeh pyaar ka mamla hai.don't make it sound so complicated. Blushing

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-SamiR-Juna04-Amli-SwerveBae

-SamiR-

Goldie

-SamiR-

Joined: 12 October 2012

Posts: 1406

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 2:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by UMDU

The fourth point Samiji was to make a correction as you said in your post the revolutionaries were a part of Gandhi's Civil disobedience movement, I just pointed out they were not and it was a parallel movement. It however has no relevance to the discussion it was just a correction. Regarding social causes being taken up by corporates,  I have already stated the self interest involved and Star Plus not doing it for purely unselfish reason. Regarding the analogy  accepting or not accepting is purely your choice. I can't say anything about that. Nevertheless I have to thank you for all your inputs and taking time to read my exhaustive thread and answers. It needs a lot of patience and I appreciate that gesture.

Sorry UMDU ji, but I think there must have been some miscommunication; I never said 'revolutionaries were a part of Gandhi's civil disobedience movement'. I understand the two movements were parallel.

Again, we're both on the same page with the corporate issue. Smile

I guess we will agree to disagree about the analogy. Perhaps I was over-extending the analogy.

Anyways, no need to thank. I enjoyed the post and the debate/discussion very much! Thumbs Up

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

farhana874Juna04-Amli-

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Joined: 31 August 2012

Posts: 3185

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 2:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ami_dabh

@MSN:- I'd like to give my opinion with whatever limited knowledge I've about Indian history.

Violence or no-violence can be dictated by person's attitude not by deed.
For e.g:- A surgeon cuts open a person's stomach; so does a criminal. The action is akin. But the surgeon's aim is to save while criminal's aim is to spiflicate.

Even a war can be violent if it's devoid for anger, hatred, envious;If the person can't be educated in any other way. War can be an act of compassion if it associates to put things in true prospective.

Likewise, Charity can be a root of violence if takes away self-esteem imposes slavery.Ouch

I firmly believe that we got freedom because of revolutionists like Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev n many more who contributed. What if Sardar Patel didn't united villages of IND???Confused

Gandhiji with his non-violence approach kya kar lete?? He became more popular because Jawaharlal Nehru appreciated him openly a lot. I see Mahatma Gandhi's role as a more spiritualist than freedom fighter. No offense to Gandhi lovers.
Ami dear It is not for me to give importance or  not. The point I was making is that Gandhi is more known than the revolutionaries. I nowhere in my thread have belittled their contribution. What I meant was their influence was limited to pockets like Punjab, Bengal etc not an all India persona which Gandhi had. You also will admit that in most Indian history books if you have 3 chapters on Gandhi you will have 3 paragraphs on revolutionaries. That does not mean they did not contribute but they are less known. Many died young and because of British repression the movement fizzled out.   Let me make one thing crystal clear I am not a great fan of Gandhi and have serious reservations on many of his policies and have always believed that Sardar Patel would have made a better PM than Nehru a decision which was taken by Gandhiji. One of the greatest contribution of Sardar Patel was the reorganization of India by convincing the princely states to join us after independence. To convince more than 500 states was no mean task. On a lighter note with two of us in the house we never seem to agree on what to make for dinner. I hope I have made myself clear.

Edited by UMDU - 08 November 2012 at 2:07am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-SamiR-farhana874Juna04-Amli-

-Amli-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Amli-

Joined: 10 January 2012

Posts: 11344

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 2:17am | IP Logged
Umdu Chachi:- Hug!Hug!Hug!Hug! I just clarified because I believe violence n non-violence both play their parts n both are necessary.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-SamiR-farhana874Juna04

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Joined: 31 August 2012

Posts: 3185

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 2:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by farhana874

Wonderfully written as always Aunty!
And great replies by all!

I agree with Deebz...Sandy's silence alone will serve her nothing...But once she realizes a determined Sooraj is standing tall behind her to fight all the odds for her...She will start her march!

But again Bharathi'dis comment got me thinking...
What if there was not a Sooraj for Sandy!
Tab bhi kya Sandy should have been portrayed like this?? Silent? Non-rebellious?
Thank you Farhana.  Sandhya's silence her meekness, her submission are all  a way to warm up the hearts of viewers towards her, gain their sympathy and than strike. The revolutionary idea will be more acceptable. No doubt TRPS play up, but than this serial has ruled the roost so the submissive Sandhya is acceptable to the conservative mind. Once that is done IPS will be easy to gain acceptability. The purpose of media is not just entertainment but also social transformation. We don't need to change but the teaming majority who are regressive need to be targeted and gradually changed.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-SamiR-farhana874Juna04-Amli-

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Joined: 31 August 2012

Posts: 3185

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 2:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by catastrophic

I think she is silent because she is love with suraj.and is scared if she protests bhabo will send her away from suraj.

yeh pyaar ka mamla hai.don't make it sound so complicated. Blushing
Kya karoon beta meri aadat hain har cheez complicated banana aur is umar main badlav ki umeed kum hain.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-SamiR-farhana874Juna04

Post Reply New Post

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
Sandhyas attitude irks Bhabho-indya.com Armu4eva 4 1112 19 November 2011 at 8:06am
By J.LO
Sooraj-Sandhyas mixed emotion-indya.com Armu4eva 9 1223 26 September 2011 at 10:56pm
By Daisy15

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

 

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.