Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 3 Page 6

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by udnis

ma ji...i read ur last post...and even all comments...but i am not in the mood to reply as i want some tension free mind to reply ur thread...as i was busy in making of one new thread...sorry for that..its not big thing i am asking sorry...but i am ur regular follower...but something insist me to ask...

and abt ur today.s topic...sandhya's silence is not only her's its the silence of the women in the society...and the dabh just shows us..many nayi soch things to us...this also one of it...

i respect the views of silence u wrote here with ex...is the  best ex for the person who thinks silence is Censored...

i personally believe that silence can make anything possible from impossible...
Dear dear Sindhu ,I am really touched as normally when ever I have taken out a thread you are among the first to encourage me. I have to thank you from the bottom of my heart for that. I totally agree with you silence is golden.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011SAIBALROUTHniruba-Liebe-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "My take on Sandhya's silence. (Page 2)" in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Priya_SD

IF-Dazzler

Priya_SD

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 4:04pm | IP Logged
Res

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

niruba

Juna04

IF-Rockerz

Juna04

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 4:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MisscoolEyes

Umdu aunty, I agree with a lot of points you made here. You have given some commendable reasons as to why Sandhya is being portrayed the way she is portrayed.

But,I guess, I can give a few other reasons too. What ever heroics Sandhya portrays, we easily forget one point that She is still a 19 yr old girl from a relatively small town like Pushkar. She has never been out there completely in the "real world". Even though she was allowed to dream and think, she was still under the caring shelter of her parents before and Sooraj now.Any such girl who has lost her parents not even a year back, was despised by her brother and then came into a family of strangers would be naturally confused over a lot of things.She's prone to mistakes.she's prone to be influenced by people around  her,most importantly she's still a young girl, i mean a really young girl(According to me,only a complete education and a taste of the world outside through job is what makes a girl or even a man for that matter independent enough and strong and confident enough to think properly). She's someone who has always believed in the system of family.Though she has voiced out previously against some issues,she has shown her weakness to break-down and suffer when she's made to feel that things are going wrong because of her.

The same thing is happening now too. Bhabo is making Sandhya feel that her family might be in trouble because of Sandhya.And Sandhya is not experienced enough or mature enough to prove Bhabo wrong and she is not a evil witch to plot against Bhabo and influence Sooraj.And on the other hand,she knows that her dream is going to be a dream forever and there is that pain..Confusion,pain,sorrow,the fear of losing dear-ones again..a combination of this is making Sandhya emotionally crippled.

UMDU agree with your post and Naina regarding your post also...

Both UMDU and Naina your analysis are very valid and does explain the silence of Sandhya.
She needs to trust and confide more in her husband but she could not do that because Bhabho wants her to dissuade Suraj from pursuing with her dream Mission,

That is why I am glad that Suraj now knows the reason for Sandhya's sudden change in manner and He will need to convince Sandhya now with a very reasonable argument that she needs to show courage and determination in fulfilling her dream.   I am sure once she is convinced with Suraj's reasoning she will work with him and they will support each other in reaching their goal.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011-SamiR-farhana874UMDUSAIBALROUTHniruba-Liebe-

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Juna04

Originally posted by MisscoolEyes

Umdu aunty, I agree with a lot of points you made here. You have given some commendable reasons as to why Sandhya is being portrayed the way she is portrayed.

But,I guess, I can give a few other reasons too. What ever heroics Sandhya portrays, we easily forget one point that She is still a 19 yr old girl from a relatively small town like Pushkar. She has never been out there completely in the "real world". Even though she was allowed to dream and think, she was still under the caring shelter of her parents before and Sooraj now.Any such girl who has lost her parents not even a year back, was despised by her brother and then came into a family of strangers would be naturally confused over a lot of things.She's prone to mistakes.she's prone to be influenced by people around  her,most importantly she's still a young girl, i mean a really young girl(According to me,only a complete education and a taste of the world outside through job is what makes a girl or even a man for that matter independent enough and strong and confident enough to think properly). She's someone who has always believed in the system of family.Though she has voiced out previously against some issues,she has shown her weakness to break-down and suffer when she's made to feel that things are going wrong because of her.

The same thing is happening now too. Bhabo is making Sandhya feel that her family might be in trouble because of Sandhya.And Sandhya is not experienced enough or mature enough to prove Bhabo wrong and she is not a evil witch to plot against Bhabo and influence Sooraj.And on the other hand,she knows that her dream is going to be a dream forever and there is that pain..Confusion,pain,sorrow,the fear of losing dear-ones again..a combination of this is making Sandhya emotionally crippled.

UMDU agree with your post and Naina regarding your post also...

Both UMDU and Naina your analysis are very valid and does explain the silence of Sandhya.
She needs to trust and confide more in her husband but she could not do that because Bhabho wants her to dissuade Suraj from pursuing with her dream Mission,

That is why I am glad that Suraj now knows the reason for Sandhya's sudden change in manner and He will need to convince Sandhya now with a very reasonable argument that she needs to show courage and determination in fulfilling her dream.   I am sure once she is convinced with Suraj's reasoning she will work with him and they will support each other in reaching their goal.
Thank you Juna for your kind words. We all know Sandhya is a great soul. There cannot be any dispute on that. We all have taken out threads after threads to show our frustrations over her submission meekly. What I have attempted is to see the reason behind such a character creation. Star Plus is targeting the 1000s who live in the villages and form  a major percentage of viewers. Read my reply to Deebz 's letter, I have explained there.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011-SamiR-farhana874Juna04-Liebe-SAIBALROUTHniruba

-Amli-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Amli-

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 6:34pm | IP Logged
You just bestowed beauty that resides in Sandy's character.Clap Star Clap

I agree with whatever you've said.Thumbs Up

Her character is also a good lesson for younger girls like me to build patience + tolerance power. Embarrassed.

Edited
:-Violence or non-violence is dictated by the person's attitude and not the deed.

Edited by ami_dabh - 07 November 2012 at 7:17pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011shehjar-SamiR-farhana874UMDUJuna04-Liebe-nirubaSAIBALROUTH

SAIBALROUTH

IF-Sizzlerz

SAIBALROUTH

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 7:21pm | IP Logged
Nice post UMDU ji. Agree with most of the points you have raised. Agreed, SP is trying to portray that revolt is not the necessary solution. I am still in doubt whether Suraj will be able to convince Bhabo or not, now that he knows what Bhabo has in her mind.

Regarding Sandhya's silence, we have always seen that she goes soft on family members and has stayed silent on many occasions earlier as well.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011-SamiR-farhana874UMDU-Liebe-

-SamiR-

Goldie

-SamiR-

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 7:22pm | IP Logged
Interesting take UMDU ji! So, you're looking at the situation from outside, in. It seems like a plausible reason for why Sandhya's character is the way it is. Although, it's hard for me to digest that a major media channel is so enthusiastic on the social activism front, for the sole purpose of bringing progressive change to rural India (most media corporations are usually not known for having a conscience Stern Smile). If anything, I would give the credit to the writers of DABH. Of course, that doesn't change the validity of your analysis; I completely agree.

I also wanted to add that although your analysis shows why Sandhya's behavior is important to get the message across to the audience, I think her behavior is also consistent with her character from a literary perspective. The latter point is quite well demonstrated in the above posts of MisscoolEyes, and Peachesandcream. Among other things, I think Sandhya's trait of selflessness is an important justification for her behavior, as I have argued previously.

Nonetheless, great analysis from a unique perspective Thumbs Up

EDITED: oops, forgot to comment on your Gandhi ji/ Bhagat ji analogy. Just to be clear, I believe that the contributions of 'revolutionaries' were as important as the non-violent civil disobedience by Gandhi ji. Both violence and non-violence can be justified or criticized, depending on the intention behind the act. It's quite hard for me to think of any successful solutions to conflicts in history that have used only violence/aggression or only non-violence. Usually, a combination of aggression (or at least the threat of it) and diplomacy is required. It's true that we have immense respect for Gandhi ji, but I think any true Indian would have equal respect for 'revolutionaries' like Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and others (at least I would like to hope so!)

Edited by -SamiR- - 07 November 2012 at 7:54pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

preeti73b2011shehjarfarhana874UMDUJuna04-Liebe-SAIBALROUTH-Amli-

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 7:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ami_dabh

You just bestowed beauty that resides in Sandy's character.Clap Star Clap

I agree with whatever you've said.Thumbs Up

Her character is also a good lesson for younger girls like me to build patience + tolerance power. Embarrassed.

Edited
:-Violence or non-violence is dictated by the person's attitude and not the deed.
Thank you so much beta. Yes I totally agree with you DABH have lessons for all generations.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011farhana874SAIBALROUTH

Post Reply New Post

Go to top