Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

farhana874

IF-Dazzler

farhana874

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 12:42pm | IP Logged

Recently I came across this lovely song called ''sound of silence'' by Simon & Garfunkel. I wanted to know the meaning, the interpretation of the lyrics. So I googled and felt some part of the song depicts the situation of SurYa, the helplessness, the silence of Sandhya or can be said of many Sandhya's who are dwelling in real world. So thought of sharing that part and an interpretation of this song that I found in google-

'' In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a street lamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

(Sooraj was awakened by that stabbing light hence by knowing the reason behind Sandhya's refusal is none other than his mother whom he worships…..Here the light has cleared Sooraj's vision)

And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share
And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence

"Fools", said I, "You do not know

Silence like a cancer grows
Hear my words that I might teach you
Take my arms that I might reach you"
But my words, like silent raindrops fell
And echoed
In the wells of silence...

( Sooraj saying to Sandya, But his warning is swallowed in the abyss of submission……Here Sandhya has got blinded by that same light)

And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made''

This song may refer to people in general who submit themselves too freely. The song continues to describe the people's capitulation in several lines, most notably in the words, "And the people bowed and prayed/To the neon god they made." it pertains to a people's readiness to support a leader without fully realizing the possible outcomes, the consequences of this obedience.

Bhabo has taken away the sole purpose of Sandhya's existence, creating such vast emptiness in Sandhya's heart that she lost herself there….Her silence is echoing so loud that it has deafened her….She is just a mere body now….Like a 'kaathputli/ a puppet'…..But our prince is there to bring her back to life with his midas touch…..Hope that day is not too far away….Smile

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

Pappu.b2011shehjar-SamiR-vish.narenUMDUPriya_SDJuna04-Liebe-SAIBALROUTH-Amli-niruba

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "...~ Echoes of Silence~..." in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Amli-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Amli-

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
res..i'll edit in the morning.

Edited:- Ferry -- Sir Ferry.LOL..

This is a really apt song n suits SurYa current situation so well. You added sparkles by comparing them with SurYa. Splendid work my bakudi. Clap StarClap

Infinite Jhappiya Pale..Hug!Hug!Hug!

Wait a minute.. Is this song also appropriate to play on SR(SurYa rathi)?Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Wink

Edited by ami_dabh - 07 November 2012 at 6:38pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011shehjar-SamiR-farhana874SAIBALROUTHniruba-Liebe-

-Liebe-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Liebe-

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
oh farhana...u heared one beautiful song with wonderful meaning...and thank u for sharing this wonderful song with us...loved it...through silence...and ur words in btw add...super tiuch to that...

every word resembles silence...wt a way the poet wrote this poem...well super silence poem...

this poem suits perfectly now for surya...

once again thank u farhana for this song with lyrics...

plz add audio too it will smooth ears too...like eyes...

and plz give this type of thread in future too...

b2011shehjar-SamiR-farhana874Juna04SAIBALROUTHniruba

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 2:42pm | IP Logged
Beautiful lines and a very apt poem. Fits the mood of the Rathi household so well. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011shehjar-SamiR-farhana874Juna04-Liebe-SAIBALROUTHniruba

MisscoolEyes

Goldie

MisscoolEyes

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 3:21pm | IP Logged
Very beautiful Feri.Loved it to the core.Thaks for sharing such beautiful linesHug

b2011shehjar-SamiR-farhana874Juna04SAIBALROUTHniruba

Juna04

IF-Rockerz

Juna04

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 4:27pm | IP Logged
Farhana so apt the lyrics and your comparison with our SurYa so appropriate.
Thanks for sharing dear...

b2011shehjar-SamiR-farhana874SAIBALROUTHniruba-Liebe-

-SamiR-

Goldie

-SamiR-

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 5:40pm | IP Logged
Wow farhana, really cool post! Star Loved your interpretation of the song, and how you applied it to SurYa. Just to add some thoughts from my end:

The second paragraph is so meaningful, isn't it? It confirms a lot of aspects of real life/world, but I wanted to focus on how it fits perfectly with Sandhya - Bhabho conversation, which you have talked about. Suraj, through this new-found light, saw how Sandhya was 'talking' about how she has left her dreams behind, but was not 'speaking' that which was in her heart, the truth, that her dreams are a part of her, something she can't let go of! (When we 'talk', we may or may not mean what we say, but when we 'speak', we go through a thought process that enables us to say what we mean; Sandhya was 'talking' without 'speaking'). 

Bhabho, on the other hand, was 'hearing' Sandhya's talk, but was not 'listening' to the painful cries behind her unconvincing words, to her tears that loudly proclaimed her unwillingness to part with her dreams, to the screaming helplessness on her face that pleaded for Bhabho to understand! (again, 'listening' requires a much higher level of thought processing than 'hearing')

And just as written songs are meaningless when not sung, dreams are meaningless when not acted upon. Neither Sandhya, nor Bhabho, nor Suraj dared to sing the written song, dared to 'disturb the sound of silence', dared to speak up against the silence of society! But now Suraj has come to realize the extent to which his loved ones are worshiping man-made gods; the gods of silence, that preach the maintenance of status-quo in the face of mischief, that demand the sacrifice of truth in order to appease a society filled with evil and falsehood, that order men to submit to injustice, ... and in return for this worship, we are promised false praises and meaningless comfort! With this realization, we hope Suraj will also realize his responsibility to stand up and 'disturb the sounds of silence'.

So, anyways, thanks once again for making an awesome episode even awesomer by sharing the song and your brilliant creative thoughts! Thumbs Up

Edited by -SamiR- - 07 November 2012 at 6:44pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

preeti73b2011shehjarfarhana874Juna04-Liebe-nirubaSAIBALROUTH-Amli-

shehjar

Goldie

shehjar

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
Faru meri jaan infinite hugsHug
lovely song and so aptly u have linked it to surya ..

i like the first stanza as well 
somehow seems as if sandy is talking to herselfCryCry
here it is

Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

@ samir lovely interpretation Thumbs Up

Edited by shehjar - 07 November 2012 at 10:39pm

b2011-SamiR-farhana874Juna04-Liebe-SAIBALROUTH-Amli-

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.