Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

ShaunSA

IF-Rockerz

ShaunSA

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 5:08am | IP Logged
Well ok not just SNS. But judging from movies I would bet all Indian serials follow a similar pattern.

They all tend to portray adults as wise and all knowing and children as ignorant fools who must keep their mouths shut and do as their parents ask of them. No questions.

But the thing is. Most of the time the parents themselves are idiots. With no sense of right, wrong, or anything else for that matter.

All they know is what their stupid parents taught them. Cos they swallowed it up hook, line and sinker without any question.

Why not question. Kids should always question. And even disobey parents when they come up with their rubbish ideas!

So all the Ahams, Gopis, Kinjals and all other children need to stand up to the Koki's and their old-fashioned bakwaas ideas of how the world works.

Only knowledge can set you free!

Not just following your parents like some dumb hick!

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

yessehmRitu-munnihyderabad-nilani-vish.narendoc4everGuggulswasthiawesome-rajiMADHU.BARUNani_grXarinaMuskaan92Justlikethat1

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The one thing I hate about SNS!" in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Justlikethat1

IF-Sizzlerz

Justlikethat1

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 5:29am | IP Logged
Well.. I do agree partly Shaun.. Tongue
Question your parents if you know that they are wrong and making a mistake.. One should not keep disobeying just for the heck of it.

Indian society gives a lot of importance to the family structure. If the elder is questioned it was considered a rebellion. I think that changed with time. 

Serials portray obedience to their own convenience. Ahem obeys Koki or rather did obey her wordlessly but he fought in his own way too.. Kinjal always rebels..Smile Rashi questions her mom and then gives in.. Only Jigar, I have never seen to say anything. 
Not that I agree with the way it is portrayed. I just think that serials change it based on the need for the tracks.

In real life,  the option and the choice lies with each one of us. It is said that we should choose our battles wisely. That applies to every scenario. Before we question authority or an elder, I would say, have a clear thought process of what one wants.
Certain things indeed are gained by experience. So make it clear that you would like to make mistakes and learn. Parents were children too. They will understand. Smile

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

munnihyderabad-nilani-doc4everGuggulMADHU.BARUNShaunSAani_gr

-nilani-

Goldie

-nilani-

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 5:37am | IP Logged
Very TrueTongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MADHU.BARUNJustlikethat1

ShaunSA

IF-Rockerz

ShaunSA

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 5:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Justlikethat1

I was hoping you would reply Harini Embarrassed

Question your parents if you know that they are wrong and making a mistake.. One should not keep disobeying just for the heck of it.

Neither should one obey just because they are your parents/elders. How well do they react to questioning though. They all seem to have this I am right and you are wrong attitude.

Indian society gives a lot of importance to the family structure. If the elder is questioned it was considered a rebellion. I think that changed with time. 

Not as much as I would like to see. I think there is vast room for improvement. Kids need to learn to stand up to their parents.

Serials portray obedience to their own convenience. Ahem obeys Koki or rather did obey her wordlessly but he fought in his own way too.. Kinjal always rebels..Smile Rashi questions her mom and then gives in.. Only Jigar, I have never seen to say anything. 
Not that I agree with the way it is portrayed. I just think that serials change it based on the need for the tracks.

Serials tend to portray real life pretty well albeit a bit exaggerated. But the problem I have is that they still seem to portray the elders as wise and the youngsters as idiots.

In real life,  the option and the choice lies with each one of us. It is said that we should choose our battles wisely. That applies to every scenario. Before we question authority or an elder, I would say, have a clear thought process of what one wants.

I would say always question elders/authority. It keeps them on their toes and makes sure they don't slip up. Also makes sure they know what the hell they are talking about before opening their gobs.

Certain things indeed are gained by experience. So make it clear that you would like to make mistakes and learn. Parents were children too. They will understand. Smile

Ah yes. Experience. And yet there are millions of old people out there who don't know squat. Their experiences have taught them nothing. In return they simply pass on their own ignorance to their children and their children's children.

As for the understanding bit. Nope. Parents think they know it all. Sadly this is very far from the truth.

Edited by ShaunSA - 07 November 2012 at 5:40am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MADHU.BARUN

Justlikethat1

IF-Sizzlerz

Justlikethat1

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 5:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ShaunSA

Neither should one obey just because they are your parents/elders. How well do they react to questioning though. They all seem to have this I am right and you are wrong attitude.

Not as much as I would like to see. I think there is vast room for improvement. Kids need to learn to stand up to their parents.

Serials tend to portray real life pretty well albeit a bit exaggerated. But the problem I have is that they still seem to portray the elders as wise and the youngsters as idiots.

I would say always question elders/authority. It keeps them on their toes and makes sure they don't slip up. Also makes sure they know what the hell they are talking about before opening their gobs.

Ah yes. Experience. And yet there are millions of old people out there who don't know squat. Their experiences have taught them nothing. In return they simply pass on their own ignorance to their children and their children's children.

As for the understanding bit. Nope. Parents think they know it all. Sadly this is very far from the truth.

Thumbs Up Shaun.. Just like us, parents learn too.. Those who resist find out the hard way. That is life.

As for improvement, I think the improvement needs to come from both ends. Parents need to let go which is still an issue.. We are so closely clubbed that the thought itself gives nightmares to a lot of people back home..
Children have the right to  question authority but with respect. That I do not see happening. There is nothing cool about abusing your parents to your friends if they do not agree to your demands..

So the truth is, we will come a full cycle but like everything else, it will take its own sweet timeTongue

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

doc4everGuggulMADHU.BARUNShaunSAani_gr

ShaunSA

IF-Rockerz

ShaunSA

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 5:54am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ShaunSA

Thumbs Up Shaun.. Just like us, parents learn too.. Those who resist find out the hard way. That is life.

As for improvement, I think the improvement needs to come from both ends. Parents need to let go which is still an issue.. We are so closely clubbed that the thought itself gives nightmares to a lot of people back home..
Children have the right to  question authority but with respect. That I do not see happening. There is nothing cool about abusing your parents to your friends if they do not agree to your demands..

So the truth is, we will come a full cycle but like everything else, it will take its own sweet timeTongue

Improvement and balance Big smile

When kids realise their parents have valid reasoning they should accept it. When parents realise their kids have valid reasoning they should accept that too. 

Respect is also a two way street. Parents who respect their kids will earn their respect. 

The wheel turns but it turns very gradually LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MADHU.BARUNani_grJustlikethat1

MADHU.BARUN

IF-Rockerz

MADHU.BARUN

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 6:46am | IP Logged
I would agree with you partly..When parents are wrong we should question them

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ShaunSAJustlikethat1ani_gr

ani_gr

IF-Sizzlerz

ani_gr

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 8:41am | IP Logged

Love your response Harini... Awesome... @ BOLD... totally agree... every one always has a choice... there is never anything that forces them to do with whatever circumstances, we chose things for ourselves.. Yea we can decide based on the values given to us plus our own thoughts can also be put together to make right decisions...Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ShaunSAJustlikethat1

Post Reply New Post

Go to top