Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

music-a-muse

IF-Dazzler

music-a-muse

Posted: 06 November 2012 at 10:02pm | IP Logged
This should be one of the most far-fetched scenarios i  can think ofLOL.

Yeah, i know no  music channel will  ever make him the winner. 

Hypothetically, assume he is crowned the winner-

How many of you all will be upset, angry?Big smile

No bashing please , either of the contestant or meLOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

gaayikadesicrowdtulipbaby53Dabulls23

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mohammad Aman-- winner??" in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 06 November 2012 at 10:04pm | IP Logged
I would not mind because he is so superior in classical music, but in order for me to see him as a winner of this show, I'd like to see how versatile of a singer he is. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

A HUGE FANgaayikamusic-a-museInfofandesicrowd

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 10:08pm | IP Logged
If Mohd Aman keeps singing as he has and even better than I have no issue him winning the whole thing and him & not being versatile...Simply being classical singer...Its abt time someone like him be a winner...Will give out a great msg IMHO..

gckasturigaayikamusic-a-museInfofandesicrowd

music-a-muse

IF-Dazzler

music-a-muse

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 1:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dabulls23

If Mohd Aman keeps singing as he has and even better than I have no issue him winning the whole thing and him & not being versatile...Simply being classical singer...Its abt time someone like him be a winner...Will give out a great msg IMHO..

Oh yeah ! would love that.Smile

If we can  have shows for film music, bands etc, why not for pure classical singers.

That would be awesomeSmile

I think some channel in tamil or malayalam had it, came across it while  flipping channels once a few months ago. classic idol or classical idol or something like thatEmbarrassed

Edited by music-a-muse - 08 November 2012 at 8:11pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

gckasturigaayikadesicrowdDabulls23

desicrowd

IF-Sizzlerz

desicrowd

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 10:40am | IP Logged
If we go by today's trend then he would be expected to be versatile and even though he is a fantastic singer he woul be required to sing a non singer songs like that of Atif Aslam or Neeraj Shreedhar...but I feel it's about time we respect our culture and its rich singing base and give it to a amazingly talented classical singer... It's not as if Mohamad Aman's singing sucks... But I would like to see him rendering equally amazing performances every time...
And even if the lad doesn't win I will be thankful to him for bringing us closer to classical singing...and giving such outstanding renditions...

gckasturigaayikamusic-a-museDabulls23tulipbaby53

music-a-muse

IF-Dazzler

music-a-muse

Posted: 08 November 2012 at 8:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by desicrowd

If we go by today's trend then he would be expected to be versatile and even though he is a fantastic singer he woul be required to sing a non singer songs like that of Atif Aslam or Neeraj Shreedhar...but I feel it's about time we respect our culture and its rich singing base and give it to a amazingly talented classical singer... It's not as if Mohamad Aman's singing sucks... But I would like to see him rendering equally amazing performances every time...
And even if the lad doesn't win I will be thankful to him for bringing us closer to classical singing...and giving such outstanding renditions...

The versatility comes in ONLY for these shows, i feel.

In the Olden days, there were 5-6 singers who ruled the roost and adapted themselves to singing all types of songs.

Nowadays, we actually have kind of niche-ish singers.

kailash kher, sukhwinder, Mohit, richa, KK, sunidhi, Shreya etc etc  are  all niche singers. With the kind of experimentation going on, we do not need versatile singers at all. all of them are doing quite well.

I personally do not think versatility is important. 

Good  singing and unusual voice  is.

@red--- AmenSmile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

gckasturigaayikaDabulls23

gaayika

gaayika

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 11:34am | IP Logged
when the mentors are judging the contestants,  they keep talking about the attitude and the stage presense etc . So they are not just lookign for good singing and voice quality . yes Mohd Aman is not dancng on the stage while singing ... but he is completely immersed in his sadhana, his body and soul are one  when he sings . 

Attitude is required to bring out the essense of the song for example when Parul sang Jhalla Wallah , it was so dull . The original song that Shreya sung, you can feel the masti .

In classical , there can be no attitude ...Really , it would be great to have a good singer win , rather than trying to get a most versatile singer . If the singer is classically trained, he/she can sing almost anything ..  Yes I know , diction gurus will pounce on this statement of mine .. But then Sunidhi is classically trained and can sing in any genre  with ease ...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

music-a-museDabulls23

music-a-muse

IF-Dazzler

music-a-muse

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 5:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gaayika

when the mentors are judging the contestants,  they keep talking about the attitude and the stage presense etc . So they are not just lookign for good singing and voice quality . yes Mohd Aman is not dancng on the stage while singing ... but he is completely immersed in his sadhana, his body and soul are one  when he sings . 

Attitude is required to bring out the essense of the song for example when Parul sang Jhalla Wallah , it was so dull . The original song that Shreya sung, you can feel the masti .

In classical , there can be no attitude ...Really , it would be great to have a good singer win , rather than trying to get a most versatile singer . If the singer is classically trained, he/she can sing almost anything ..  Yes I know , diction gurus will pounce on this statement of mine .. But then Sunidhi is classically trained and can sing in any genre  with ease ...

@red, blue and pink...how trueSmile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gaayika

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.