Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

India-Forums

Understanding Sandhya and Bhabo. (Page 4)

UMDU IF-Dazzler
UMDU
UMDU

Posted: 06 November 2012 at 8:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by peachesandcream

I think Babho to some degree understands the limitations of the members of her household and has expectations accordingly.  This may be one of the reasons for her maintaining such a tight rein.  Agree with you UMDU, she does understand what she has in Sandhya.
Bhabo knows very well Sandhya is different and a very good soul. She also knows her children Mohit and Chavvi are devious, Vikram  a penny pincher and Meena a person with no scruples. She only enlists their support when she has a discord with Suraj to strenghthen her case and to prove to Suraj that she still holds the reins. She may not be educated but is street smart and Knows how to prove her point and what mechanisms to use to bend people in the family. I am eagerly waiting for the Rathi drama to unfold.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ah99preeti73peachesandcreamb2011-SamiR-vish.naren

peachesandcream Senior Member
peachesandcream
peachesandcream

Posted: 06 November 2012 at 9:05pm | IP Logged
Rathi drama will indeed be something to see.  Liked the play of expressions across Suraj's face as he heard the conversation between Sandhya and Babho,  his pain and at one point when he closed his eyes almost as if in resignation.  Earlier  Suraj would never have gone against Babho.  On this occaision he was unwavering.  Will we see a new found confidence in Suraj and will Babho's strength  weaken when she is faced with this new Suraj

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

preeti73b2011-SamiR-vish.narenUMDU

peachesandcream Senior Member
peachesandcream
peachesandcream

Posted: 06 November 2012 at 9:18pm | IP Logged
Babho has often used emotional blackmail tactics in dealing with Suraj, remember the incident with the necklace earlier on.  Suraj has usually given in.  Now that he has been witness to the same tactics being used on Sandhya, will he be more resistant so that Babho will have to look for some other way to get her point made. 

preeti73b2011-SamiR-vish.narenUMDU

UMDU IF-Dazzler
UMDU
UMDU

Posted: 06 November 2012 at 9:41pm | IP Logged

Babho has often used emotional blackmail tactics in dealing with Suraj, remember the incident with the necklace earlier on.  Suraj has usually given in.  Now that he has been witness to the same tactics being used on Sandhya, will he be more resistant so that Babho will have to look for some other way to get her point made. 
I agree the drama will come to play when Suraj is going to be accused by Bhabo for leaving Chavvi alone resulting in the theft of her jewellery. When she accuses him he can politely tell her how she betrayed his trust in her by talking to  and brainwashing Sandhya. He can use this opportunity to put Chavvi and Mohit also in their place. He being the main bread winner now better start getting aggressive as paani ab sar ke upar se nikal chuka hai.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011-SamiR-vish.naren

-SamiR- Goldie
-SamiR-
-SamiR-

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 12:04am | IP Logged
Great analysis UMDU ji. Completely agree with your analysis of Bhabho. Mostly agree with your analysis on Suraj. But I do have doubts about the reasons you gave for Sandhya being 'unable to stand up'; I mainly have an issue with reasons # 2, 4, and 6. I was going to reply in detail, but now I think I will wait for tomorrow's promised thread Smile.

Also, I think the following reason by peachesandcream is a valid one, and relevant to your list (sort of goes with #5, but not exactly):

Sandhya despite all she has been able to accomplish is still a relatively young girl.  She has truly accepted  Suraj's parents as her own and also looks up to them as her elders.  I think this is a factor in her succombing to Babho's wishes.  There is the desire to please a parent and do as she has been advised by an elder.  To some extent this might even be a sort of emotional blackmail by Babho who is aware of Sandhya's  acceptance of her.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011vish.naren

UMDU IF-Dazzler
UMDU
UMDU

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 12:14am | IP Logged
Thanks Sami R. Yes I  think I know why they have made Sandhya's character so docile at home. Let me think about it and create a thread tomorrow. I may be wrong but I will create the thread and see the reactions.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011-SamiR-vish.naren

b2011 Coolbie
b2011
b2011

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 12:35am | IP Logged
Great analysis UMDU of Bhabho's thoughts.  I always understand and agree with Bhabho's standpoint but does not like her unfairness against SurYa as opposed to other family members.  I also cannot understand what she is going to prove her ungrateful family (Meena, Vikram, Mohit and Chavvi) by letting them know of Sandhya's sacrifice of her dreams.  Are they going to understand the depth of it and respect Sandhya?  NO, they will remain the same, continue with their selfish deeds under cover.  What steps has Bhabho taken to reform either Meena or Mohit or Chavvi?  Then why Sandhya, she just bought a book of her wish to read in her passtime.  She did not steal or lie.  Bhabho is taking advantage of Sandhya's goodness.  This sacrifice is not going to help its purpose as what Bhabho thinks of.  I believe Bhabhasa is the only person who can put some sense into her.

I agree with peachesandcream's posts.

ah99preeti73ladyterpfarhana874vish.naren

UMDU IF-Dazzler
UMDU
UMDU

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 4:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by b2011

Great analysis UMDU of Bhabho's thoughts.  I always understand and agree with Bhabho's standpoint but does not like her unfairness against SurYa as opposed to other family members.  I also cannot understand what she is going to prove her ungrateful family (Meena, Vikram, Mohit and Chavvi) by letting them know of Sandhya's sacrifice of her dreams.  Are they going to understand the depth of it and respect Sandhya?  NO, they will remain the same, continue with their selfish deeds under cover.  What steps has Bhabho taken to reform either Meena or Mohit or Chavvi?  Then why Sandhya, she just bought a book of her wish to read in her passtime.  She did not steal or lie.  Bhabho is taking advantage of Sandhya's goodness.  This sacrifice is not going to help its purpose as what Bhabho thinks of.  I believe Bhabhasa is the only person who can put some sense into her.

I agree with peachesandcream's posts.
Thank you so much Bharatiji for your inputs. I totally agree with you that she is not being fair with Sandhya. She is only using the names of Mohit Chavvi etc to reinforce her point. She does not want Sandhya to appear for IPS ,that is the only reason she is dissauding her. Using the name of others in the family is only an excuse to put further pressure on Sandhya.  She does not care what Mohit or Chavvi or Meena think about the issue. She would have continued to oppose the idea even if they had supported their  Bhabi.  Bhabo uses the support of other members of the family to maintain her position in the Rathi parivar. She allows Chavvi and Mohit to oppose Suraj because in the confrontation she wants to win with their support. She will do anything to maintain her hegemony over the Rathi parivar. She has decided IPS is bad so no matter what you say she will use every way to thwart Suraj's plan to make his wife study. Her taking support from Mohit and Chavvi has weakened her control over them.Now she cannot control them and they answer back. Sandhya does not do that so she uses her emotional blackmail tool there. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011vish.naren

Go to top