Diya Aur Baati Hum

Understanding Sandhya and Bhabo. (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 3 Page 5

farhana874

IF-Dazzler

farhana874

Posted: 06 November 2012 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
Aunty...I can understand! Coz being an aam ladki myself I too have such fears of society n culture.
I dream of a decent job only, I couldn't think of being an IPS officer or such!
But in DABH they are portraying Sandy as a special girl, who is brave n strong enough, so number 4 or 5 shouldn't be a worry for her!

Edited by farhana874 - 06 November 2012 at 2:27pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011-SamiR-vish.narenUMDUJuna04-Liebe--Amli-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Understanding Sandhya and Bhabo. (Page 2)" in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Posted: 06 November 2012 at 2:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ami_dabh

@Umdu Chachi:- Girls who do college can't earn???Silly Me and many of my friends started working since we entered into college life. We used to work in call centers. Nowadays, We can find at least employment opportunities where one can at least survive. You want me to be real.. Okay..May be not more than Ankur but she can earn n live by herself. She wont be a burden. She can run her own coaching classes..There are plenty of options available if one decides to stand for herself.Thumbs Up.She have FDs that money can utilize for higher studies..Embarrassed .

Chalo, I don't wanna stretch discussion further since our views are quite differ.Smile.
Ami you are talking about a small town girl in Pushkar who has just turned 19. As I have already stated you have to have the guts to break away and establish yourself. If as you say many girls have done it along with you  why than do you have so many social problems when as you claim financial independence can be achieved at 19. Why is gender equality a far cry in India?  Why have the young employed girls not put their foot down to injustice?  Regarding Sandhya's FD a part of that she used to finance Mohit's computer studies.If she takes tuition when does she study? you need 13 to 14 hrs a day to prepare for civil services. I am not denying she should have done it what I am emphasising is that the girls do not do it normally and so the system continues. Other factors taken in totality prevent her from making the final break.I did not say only the financial aspect I said all put together make her docile. You may disagree and you have a right to do that as we belong to two different generations and at my age reality hits much more hard than pursuit of dreams.

Edited by UMDU - 06 November 2012 at 2:40pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

preeti73b2011-SamiR-vish.narenJuna04-Liebe-

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Posted: 06 November 2012 at 2:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by farhana874

Aunty...I can understand! Coz being an aam ladki myself I too have such fears of society n culture.
I dream of a decent job only, I couldn't think of being an IPS officer or such!
But in DABH they are portraying Sandy as a special girl, who is brave n strong enough, so number 4 or 5 shouldn't be a worry for her!

Sandhya is no  doubt special but  she is very young and has lost her parents.She has come to love the Rathi family as her own. It is a safety net for her after the loss of her parents and the betrayal by her brother. We can advice many to break away but it is extremely difficult to do that yourself. Sandhya all her life stood for truth and fought for what is right but even she here is shown bowing to the system and accepting the diktaits of her mother in law without protest.Why?  That is what most girls in towns do and in this aspect Sandhya is not different. Try to understand her taking all the factors I have stated not just one. View her in totality you will understand why she continues. On a lighter note we won't have SurYa if she leaves isn't it. Would you like that ?

Edited by UMDU - 06 November 2012 at 4:28pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

preeti73b2011-SamiR-vish.narenJuna04-Liebe-

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Posted: 06 November 2012 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shehjar

lovely post again UMDU .Clap u have a knack of highlighting the other side which is much neededStar

poor sandy my heart goes for her .her dilemma is understandable poor girl doesnt want any problems in the family coz of her ..

i remember her convo with ankur where she says 
 "main apnay sapnoon ka bhooj surajji kay upar nahi dalna chahti "
that is exactly what has happened so can imagine her mental state .
having said that i still want to send that Jhansi ki Rani ka DVD to her she needs to stand up for her rights.

Bhabo will be bhabo she knows sandys weakness so she is banking on her emotional atyachar 
Agreed Shehjar, Sandhya is being emotionally blackmailed by Bhabo only because she knows she will listen to her. However she feels in the long run  she is acting for their good only. They will be grateful to her for her intrusion. Thank you for your inputs.

Edited by UMDU - 06 November 2012 at 3:51pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011-SamiR-vish.narenJuna04-Amli-

-Amli-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Amli-

Posted: 06 November 2012 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
Umdu Chachi - Here We're discussing about Sandy who's very brave, gutsy n intelligent enough to fight against any thick n thin shades of life. I can't figure out why you always bring issues that we all are aware about regarding women/girls n you've stated many times in your thread/posts. Anyway, I really don't wanna stretch this matter anymore. Dimaag ki baati off ho gayi hain!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011-SamiR-vish.narenJuna04

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Posted: 06 November 2012 at 2:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ami_dabh

Umdu Chachi - Here We're discussing about Sandy who's very brave, gutsy n intelligent enough to fight against any thick n thin shades of life. I can't figure out why you always bring issues that we all are aware about regarding women/girls n you've stated many times in your thread/posts. Anyway, I really don't wanna stretch this matter anymore. Dimaag ki baati off ho gayi hain!
I also do not understand why you cannot take all the factors in totality  which I have mentioned  and just emphasise on the finance alone. Sandhya's compulsions are all put together not just one point. Your question will always be why can't she ? My answer will always be she won't due to the totality of all the reasons stated not just one.  Anyway Ami as you very rightly  said let us agree to disagree on this point.  Finish off this discussion here. However I must thank you for your inputs in making the arguments lively.

Edited by UMDU - 06 November 2012 at 3:26pm

b2011-SamiR-vish.naren-Amli-

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Posted: 06 November 2012 at 3:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by peachesandcream

Well said.

Sandhya despite all she has been able to accomplish is still a relatively young girl.  She has truly accepted  Suraj's parents as her own and also looks up to them as her elders.  I think this is a factor in her succombing to Babho's wishes.  There is the desire to please a parent and do as she has been advised by an elder.  To some extent this might even be a sort of emotional blackmail by Babho who is aware of Sandhya's  acceptance of her.
Thank you so much for your inputs. I agree totally with you. Sandhya is indeed very young and the Rathi family is a safety net after the loss of her parents. Respect for elders ingrained in her mind  by her parents is playing out and making her keep quiet.

priya713

IF-Rockerz

priya713

Posted: 06 November 2012 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
Great Analysis. Spot on. One thing ..maybe I'm wrong but it seems like all this has happened in a matter of 2 or 3 days so if today was the deadline for the 3rd year application, Suraj didnt have too much time to "warm" up bhabho. Although, he should have done it in a better way. 

Thanks again for the lovely analysis!! 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top