Nikhat's marriage proposal. - Page 5

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by showstruck

too bad...I am team Ayan..

About Somy's query...these scenarios are sad but it happens...if not family then extended family make sure somehow to send the messege that you are darker and it grows in a negative way...been there done that...for someone very close. She became so careful on what colors she wear but luckily it stayed there and didnt her confidence. One of the most successful women in family now with a good career, kid and good looking hubby too.

But, in teen years those comments hurt and harm.

Aww, Thats what all girls should do. Keep the negativity out and succeed in life.πŸ‘
Originally posted by mepobaa

when i saw that scene was thinking it would be gd if someone makes a post and i just loved ur thoughts..we need to understand that in india and in all castes girls being dark is till a tabo..guy can be dark or can have any problem bt when it comes to girls all expect them to look very beautiful..no one cares what a girl would feel when she knows she is dark..Lets see hw cv's take this issue and project before us...good post..πŸ‘

Thank You!! πŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by cutiepreet

Firstly ur post is wonderful and I love how u raises this topic !
I completely agree with u. And I feel that it wouldn't be a wise decision for her to say yes for the marriage cuz the guys mom is insulting her in her own house before marriage just cuz she is dark and what wud happen when this marriage happens cuz Nikkhat won't become fair overnight or so...! 
And I agree its sad how people still differentiate btw fair n dark skin..! Its ridiculous :(

Thanx.Her life will be living hell if she marries there.  
Jo dikhta hai wahi bikta hai. A gora southindian is treated like the 8th wonder of the world. Everyone is obsessed with looks. Sab ko gora banne ka bhoot sawaar hai. Everyone wants fair kids, dil,sil and spouses. Anyone who is really fair but does not have good features is automatically beautiful while a beautiful dark girl is still 'ugly'. That s every girls plight . A dark girl is forced to apply so many creams, lotions so that she becomes two shades fairer. I dont think this trend can ever change.
My reaction while watching that part was "are you for real? how can anyone even term Nikhat as "ugly"?" she is so pretty and on top of it, she comes across as a beautiful person by heart too!!...seriously the discrimination and division into "ugly" and "pretty" on the basis of skin color is beyond my comprehension!! but sadly, south Asian countries seem to be obsessed with this "fair skin"!!
I am thinking are they even going to ask Nikhat for her answer or just assume that she is better off with any guy as long as he agrees to marry her?

Also don't get me started on colour.. πŸ˜‘
Originally posted by vibz88

Jo dikhta hai wahi bikta hai. A gora southindian is treated like the 8th wonder of the world. Everyone is obsessed with looks. Sab ko gora banne ka bhoot sawaar hai. Everyone wants fair kids, dil,sil and spouses. Anyone who is really fair but does not have good features is automatically beautiful while a beautiful dark girl is still 'ugly'. That s every girls plight . A dark girl is forced to apply so many creams, lotions so that she becomes two shades fairer. I dont think this trend can ever change.

πŸ˜† Sari aagi ugibeku inta janarana, Vibha. 
Originally posted by KaJenYaianSanju

My reaction while watching that part was "are you for real? how can anyone even term Nikhat as "ugly"?" she is so pretty and on top of it, she comes across as a beautiful person by heart too!!...seriously the discrimination and division into "ugly" and "pretty" on the basis of skin color is beyond my comprehension!! but sadly, south Asian countries seem to be obsessed with this "fair skin"!!

Yeah. True!
Originally posted by DejaVu.

πŸ˜†Sari aagi ugibeku inta janarana, Vibha.
channagi badi beku avaga buddhi bartade.
Well, here in the West, we are obsessed with tan skin. πŸ˜†