Jeannie aur Juju

~*Jeannie Aur Juju Article Archives-NO COMMENTS*~ (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

swethasyam08

IF-Veteran Member

swethasyam08

Posted: 06 December 2012 at 7:33am | IP Logged

TOI: Many actors are insecure: Giaa Manek

By Vaibhavi V Risbood, TNN | Dec 4, 2012, 03.10 PM IST
Many actors are insecure: Giaa Manek
Giaa Manek More Pics

Giaa Manek, who reached new heights of popularity with her portrayal of Gopi Bahu inSaath Nibhaana Saathiya on Star Plus, speaks her heart out and claims that she always follows her heart.

The actress had to opt out of Star Plus' show as her decision to be a part of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaadidn't go down well with many. However, the actress claims that she didn't leave the show for any other show.

"I didn't leave in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya forJhalak. I was tortured and since childhood my parents taught me to stand for right things. Many actors are insecure, but they should not take exploitation. I always follow my heart," said Giaa.

On being asked about how she deals with any controversy, Giaa said that she doesn't pay heed to rumors, "Two and half years nothing was written about me. There are jealous people around and many of them want to pull you down. Such rumors are done by those people," concluded Giaa.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Many-actors-are-insecure-Giaa-Manek/articleshow/17477010.cms

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.nightqueen

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~*Jeannie Aur Juju Article Archives-NO COMMENTS*~ (Page 3)" in Jeannie aur Juju forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

swethasyam08

IF-Veteran Member

swethasyam08

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 3:12pm | IP Logged
TOI: I am happy not being typecast: Giaa Manek

I am happy not being typecast: Giaa Manek
Giaa Manek

Giaa Manek is currently essaying the role of a genie on Sab TV's Jeannie Aur Juju. The actress is happy playing the sweet genie and claims to be happy about not being offered same kind of roles.

"I am very happy that I play different roles. The character of genie is completely opposite to what I essayed in the past. I am happy not being typecast," said Giaa.

"I have seen the original show as a kid and now doing the character of genie is amazing," concluded Giaa.

Link :

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/I-am-happy-not-being-typecast-Giaa-Manek/articleshow/17521638.cms

.nightqueen

swethasyam08

IF-Veteran Member

swethasyam08

Posted: 16 December 2012 at 2:02pm | IP Logged
TOI: I won't ever play a character like Gopi bahu again: Giaa
By Amrita Mulchandani, TNN | Dec 15, 2012, 12.00 AM IST

I won't ever play a character like Gopi bahu again: Giaa
Giaa Manek

Giaa Manek on what keeps her going beyond the dream world of telly soaps and her take on love

Confident, outspoken and vivacious describesGiaa Manek best in real life. Giaa seems to have done a 360 degree turn ever since she shed her telly bahu garb, and seems like a livewire. Best known as the first Gopi bahu Giaa who has also shaken a leg in a dance reality show was inAhmedabad to promote her new show Jeannie Aur Juju.

As we sit down to talk, we quiz Giaa about how she has overcome all the controversies (she was reportedly asked to leave her debut show because she defied the channel's request and participated in a dance show on a rival broadcaster) Giaa insists that she is a in a mood to give it back.

"I have become more confident as an actor and have learnt to express. I was quite disturbed and upset when almost overnight everyone was bad mouthing me as an actress and calling me all sorts of names. I have never faced something like this in my life before. Of course, majority of the news that was spread was false I remained tight lipped and so everyone said whatever came to their mind. It is only me, the channel and the production house who know the actual problem. Even if I am no longer Gopi, Kanhaji is with me," she expresses.

From a sobbing bahu to a smiling genie, Giaa says that her current show is a great change for her. "I only smile these days. I have stopped crying on screen. As an actress I am happy with whatever role is given to me. My current show is not a slapstick comedy. The script is tight and I can be spontaneous," says this petite girl.

On the lighter side, Giaa says that if she had a genie in her life, "My travelling, make up, long shooting hours everything would become easy. I would pack up my shoot in just two hours," she laughs.

While Giaa had been deluged with offers of family soaps, she refrained from doing them because she didn't want to play a role similar to "Gopi. I was afraid to get typecast. I don't want to play a character like Gopi again because I have done it in the past. However, if I am offered the role of a bahu with some interesting shades to her character, then I don't mind doing it. No show maker wants to take the risk of portraying me in a different light," she says and goes on to add, "TV characters have become monotonous. After Tulsi, I was the second bahu who became a national favourite. I've been a much loved telly bahu, danced in Jhalak Dhiklaja and am a genie in my new show, what more could I have asked for?"

For someone so young, Giaa's seen the highs and lows of her profession. How does it feel to be on both sides of the spectrum? "I feel truly blessed. My parents must have surely done some good deed that I have got so much love from people," says Giaa who loves to go on "dates" with her mother.

As our chat veers to her personal life, Giaa pours her heart out. "I have no inhibitions about falling in love. But having said that, it is difficult to get a good guy who will respect me and my work. I want someone who'll give me space and accept me as an actress. If I meet the right guy tomorrow, I will get married. Since I plan to continue working post marriage, I don't mind getting married anytime," says Giaa and adds, "I have seen loads of people who marry because of peer pressure I am not someone who will do that. I feel my Mr Right is hiding somewhere and he will soon come in my life. I fall in love easily so I always take care before getting close to anyone," says the bubbly girl.

.nightqueen

swethasyam08

IF-Veteran Member

swethasyam08

Posted: 19 December 2012 at 5:40pm | IP Logged
TOI: Newcomers on TV want to be stars, not actors: Ali Asgar
By Amrita Mulchandani, TNN | Dec 19, 2012, 12.00 AM IST

Newcomers on TV want to be stars, not actors: Ali Asgar
Ali Asgar

Affable Ali Asgar is best remembered as his iconic character Kamal Agrawal in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki which made him a household name overnight. Ali has been in the glambiz since 1984. He has done his share of television shows and has more than 45 films in his CV. Ali who considers Ahmedabad as his hometown was here to promote his new show Jeannie Aur Juju, where he plays Captain Vikram Khanna. 

Talking about his stint on television Ali says, "When I started my career, I worked with the same production house with which I am doing my current show. I never had to struggle to get work. I feel I am god's favourite child he's always kept me busy. I never had the pressure of earning money and that gave me the liberty to choose my work. I don't plan anything in life. I want to die with greasepaint on." Interestingly, Ali wanted to be a chef but destiny made him an actor. 

Termed as one of the best comedians in the industry, Ali talks on why comedy shows are a rage on small screen today. "In 2000, we had limited options for audiences. Thanks to Kaun Banega Crorepati, it opened ways for many shows. Earlier comedy shows had no standing, today it's at par with daily soaps. I feel comedy is working on TV as people are so stressed out now and these shows help them to destress," says Ali who feels working in daily soaps is like getting married, because you need to be "responsible" and "involved with the show 365 days". 

Over the years, Ali has carved a niche for himself in the entertainment industry, but feels it is difficult for newcomers to have an enduring presence. "Newcomers want to be stars and not actors. Actors are now working on how to get perfect bodies (six packs/eight packs) and don't care about their acting chops. I believe if one can't entertain oneself then he can't entertain the audience either. On the other hand, one can't blame the actors much as even directors/audiences want actors with chiselled bodies," says Ali. 

Unlike counterparts who always want to be part of the movies, Ali maintains that he doesn't crave to do films anymore. "I feel content with the films I've done. I am not keen on doing lead roles on TV, I want to concentrate on strong character roles," says Ali. Once the make-up comes off, Ali loves spending time with his family. "I live for my children. My life completely changed after my son was born."

.nightqueen

swethasyam08

IF-Veteran Member

swethasyam08

Posted: 26 January 2013 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
TOI: A gala event on Republic Day
TNN | Jan 26, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

A gala event on Republic Day
A performance on Hum SAB Saath Hain

To celebrate the 64th Republic Day, SAB TV is hosting a gala event titled Hum SAB Saath Hain that brings together all the artistes of the channel, along with other popular TV actors. This show has been produced by Vipul Shah. Anooj Kapoor, EVP and business head, says, "To celebrate the occasion of Republic day, all actors of the channel showcase their fun-filled acts on the show."

There'll be a number of performances. Sudesh Lahiri and Atul Parchure will present the opening act, Aam Aadmi, a hilarious depiction of the common man. The leading ladies of the channel's popular shows like Shama Sikender, Giaa Manek, Karishma Tanna, Aditi Sajwan, Navina Bole, Melissa Pais and Debina Bonnerjee will perform an act titled Kashmir Se Kanyakumari Tak - a blend of folk and filmi songs. Paresh Nath and Ali Asgar will present a comedy act, Akbar & Ticket Collector. Child actors too will pay tribute to forgotten heroes with their act, Kids As Freedom Fighters Of India. Abhishek Awasthi, Eijaz Khan and Karan Wahi will join the celebrations with their Defence Act, showcasing the Army, Airforce and the Navy. Up next will be a light-hearted performance by Ashiesh Roy, Gopi Bhalla and Anup Upadhay, named Parliament Mein Budget. Lastly, India's first Indian Idol, Abhijeet Sawant, will croon patriotic songs.
Hum SAB Saath Hain airs tonight at 10 on SAB TV.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/A-gala-event-on-Republic-Day/articleshow/18182490.cms

.nightqueen

swethasyam08

IF-Veteran Member

swethasyam08

Posted: 27 January 2013 at 8:55am | IP Logged

TB: SAB TV celebrates 64th Republic Day with 'Hum SAB Saath Hain'

Thursday, January 24, 2013 | 4:43:10 PM IST (+05:30 GMT) 

SAB TV celebrates 64th Republic Day with 'Hum SAB Saath Hain'

'Hum SAB Saath Hain' will showcase breath-taking performances- dance acts, fun filled comedy acts and extremely patriotic musical performances on the Republic Day.

SAB TV celebrates the patriotic fervor to bring to you, 'Hum SAB Saath Hain' - a unique event to celebrate the true democratic spirit of the Indians.

SAB TV will honour the most important day in history of India through a colourful array of cultural programs. Sudesh Lahiri and Atul Parchure will present the opening act of 'Hum SAB Saath Hai' with their comical act 'Aam Aadmi'- a hilarious depiction of a common man in today's world.

The female leads of SAB TV shows - Shama Sikender, Jia Manek, Karishma Tanna, Aditi Sajwan, Navina, Mellisa and Debina will dance to the next act 'Unity in Diversity' - a blend of folk with popular filmy dance numbers that will signify the spirit of every Indian State.

The dance act will be followed by a comedy act 'Akbar & Ticket Collector' which will be  presented by the extremely talented Paresh Nath and Ali Asgar . Super kids of SAB TV Dev Joshi, Meher, Gillu and Rudra will open the third act of 'Hum SAB Saath Hai' with their performance 'Kids as Freedom Fighters of India'.

Most popular son-in laws of TV Abhishek Awasthi, Eijaz Khan and Karan Wahi will join the Republic Day celebrations with their 'Defense Act' that brings back the feeling of patriotism.

The Defense act will be followed by a light hearted 'Parliament Mein Budget' act that will have Ashish Roy, Gopi Bhalla and Anup Upadhay make you laugh with their rib tickling antics.

This program will be culminated by India's first Indian Idol - Abhijeet Sawant, who will serenade the audiences as he croons one patriotic song after another setting the perfect end to a magical evening.

Tune into SAB TV and catch this entertaining and fun filled extravaganza on 'Hum SAB Saath Hain' on Republic Day.

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/13818-sab-tv-celebrates-64th-republic-day-with-hum-sab-saath-hain.htm

.nightqueen

swethasyam08

IF-Veteran Member

swethasyam08

Posted: 03 February 2013 at 9:30pm | IP Logged
TOI: Karan Godwani's cameo in JAJ
TNN | Feb 4, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

Karan Godwani's cameo in Jeannie Aur Juju
Karan Godwani

Known for his role in 'Jugani Chali Jalandhar',Karan Godwani is now all set to play a cameo in 'Jeannie Aur Juju'.

In the show, Karan plays a mischievous character, Jin Johny, who has been thrown out of genie land and takes shelter on earth. With Jin's entry into the show, everything starts to go topsy-turvy. Adding more drama to the chaos, Jin falls in love with Priya and starts to woo her by giving her expensive gifts which really upsetsVicky ( Ali Asgar). Vicky complains to Jeannieand asks her to send Jin out of the house immediately.

Jeannie, on the other hand, is on cloud nine as Jin is in the house and doesn't make any effort to send him back. Says Karan, "I'm very excited to play the character of Jin as this is something that I haven't done before. I hope my fans appreciate my performance in the new role. I look forward to their response, love and support."

Jeannie Aur Juju airs Monday to Friday, 9.30pm on SAB TV.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Karan-Godwanis-cameo-in-Jeannie-Aur-Juju/articleshow/18317607.cms

.nightqueen

swethasyam08

IF-Veteran Member

swethasyam08

Posted: 03 February 2013 at 9:31pm | IP Logged

TB: Stop playing woman, son told Ali Asgar

Sunday, February 03, 2013 | 4:00:02 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 1 Comments

Mumbai, Feb 3 (IANS) "Jeannie Aur Juju" came as a respite for Ali Asgar, who had enough of playing woman on the small screen. Not only that, donning the garb of a woman spelled trouble for his school going son too.

Mumbai, Feb 3 (IANS) "Jeannie Aur Juju" came as a respite for Ali Asgar, who had enough of playing woman on the small screen. Not only that, donning the garb of a woman spelled trouble for his school going son too.

Best remembered for playing Kamal in "Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii", he was often seen playing a woman in "Comedy Circus".

"It became very monotonous for me to play a girl again and again. I did it in two or three places, and it was very scary to think that the audience may also find it monotonous," he told IANS.

"My son used to be teased in school over me dressing up like a girl and he asked me to stop playing such roles," he added.

The actor is currently seen in SAB TV's show "Jeannie Aur Juju" and said: "The show came as a breather for me. There is no vulgarity or double meaning dialogues in the show like it was in 'Comedy Circus'. 'Comedy Circus' was a competition, therefore, we were often forced to bring in those elements."

The fact that "Jeannie Aur Juju" is an Indian adaptation of popular international show "I Dream Of Jeannie" attracted Ali towards it.

"'I Dream of Jeannie' is something that both classes and masses have watched before. This gave the show connectivity and acceptance," he said.

"Also, the makers of the original show are very happy with our adaptation," he added.

Talking about TRP ratings, the actor said: "I would not want these ratings to affect me, but these are the numbers which show how successful the show is."

Ali moved to reality shows after finding fiction-based series creatively dissatisfying.

"I was not getting good characters to do in TV soaps. All the characters seemed like extensions of my role of Kamal from 'Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii'. I was not getting creative satisfaction," he said.

Having said that, he admits being content with his career.

"I am happy with my career and I feel that god has been very kind to me. I have been working continuously on TV for 27-28 years. If I didn't get good fiction roles, I did reality shows. I was always creatively occupied and didn't have the time to sit and sulk," he said.

Talking about the advancement in the television industry, Ali said that unfortunately the progress is only in the technical department, not in the content side.

"We still have the same content but technically we have advanced a lot. I don't know why content is not changing... or whether it is because of the audiences' demand or the choice of products we are giving them," he said.

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/13875-stop-playing-woman-son-told-ali-asgar.htm

.nightqueen

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Jeannie aur Juju Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.