Ragini Khanna was approached to play Mohini-TOI

-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

Ragini's loss is Ojaswi's gain!

Actor Ojaswi Oberoi is popular and a known face on Television who plays apsara Mohini in Nikhil Sinha's Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev.

Ojaswi who plays an avatar of Lord Vishnu, loves dancing and she is the reason behind Bhasmasur's death. Although she appears in a cameo for this one, Ojaswi is thrilled to be a part of Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev. Says the actress, "I am very excited to be part of this show though it's just a cameo. The way it has been shot it is just mind-blowing. To be very honest I was reluctant in the beginning when I was called for the audition. After the narration I felt this may be the right opportunity for me to showcase my dancing skills". Ojaswi further adds, 'It's great to be on the sets of Mahadev. I have done a typical Apsara dance for the show".

However sources inform that this role was offered to anchor and actress Ragini Khanna of Sasural Genda Phool and Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa fame. But due to her demands, this role was offered to Ojaswi. When contacted, Ragini Khanna refuted the rumours, "That's not true at all. I really wanted to be a part of Mahadev as it is one of my favourtie shows. There are hardly 4-5 shows I like on TV and Mahadev is one of them. It was supposed to be a six day cameo and I was very excited but I don't know what happened. We were negotiating for the budget and I later got a message saying that it was not working out. How can I throw my weight around when we did not have a meeting in person? I love the whole team and I've worked with them before so there are no issues between us. They are very near and dear to me."

Someone's loss is someone's gain. That's how the TV industry functions!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ojoswi was good,ragini wouldn't to justice for the part anyway.she can be some random character in the show though.😉
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
Mohini's role was a 6 day role?😲But they completed it in just 1 episode.I wish it would have been a 6 day role so that we could have seen our Bhasmu for 6 days.😭

-Khush- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I LOVED the frekkiin Episode...  watched mahadev after a long time and it was awesome... 👏 Ojaswi and Bhamasur actor both were an awesome pair 🤣 Gosh as much as I laughed on his antics... Ojaswi was so mesmerizing with her poise and grace...  Wish her role was a bit longer...😒 Edited by CraziestGurtian - 11 years ago