Kaun Banega Crorepati 6

KBC Nov 02 episode Rs.50 Lac Question Stir

Manoj2013 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

I am writing this blog for the attention of Mr. Sidharth Basu of  Big Synergy Media, Producer of KBC, the popular quiz program aired on Sony. The recent episode wherein a contestant from Delhi ( Deepak Agarwal, Practising Chartered Accountant) on hot-seat who was put this question of Rs.50 Lacs   " Who was the first Governor of Reserve Bank of India",  Deepak who took a chance( having lost all lifelines) and locked the option c) as C.D.Deshmukh  was sure that he had read somewhere about him and almost overlooked the question.

Deepak who had already won 25 Lacs at that point in time, lost the entire amount and had to settle for 3.2 Lacs as the minimum take home, because it was declared that the answer was wrong. The correct answer being  'Sir Osborne Smith'. It was explained that  C.D.Deshmukh was the first Indian to become the RBI Governor.

I would strongly urge the orgnaisers to re-look the entire situation and put a deep analysis here, had the question been little precisely placed as "Who was the first  Governor of Reserve Bank of India ( Non Indian) "  then he would chucked off the option C from his thought process  and would have focussed on other options as the other three options were also foreigners.

Although Deepak came from an affluent family and studied Chartered Accountancy, but as a contestant on the hot seat , he  too  had a dream  on sending his parents for a world tour etc.,  likewise KBC has been in a way helping the less privileged in realising their dreams, and had people mostly from BPL categories from remotest of villages in its selection procedure , there were in some way or  the other immense support shown for those individuals making it to the hotseat as well cracking the fastest fingers first. In this season of KBC we found there were little opportunity for people from affluent family making it to the hot seat. However, irrespective of the family background of the individual, given the situation in its entirety and taking into consideration  all aspects of the game show, Deepak should be given the benefit of doubt, as the question wasn't correctly coined resulting in overlooking the question in its entirety.

Deepak should be given the amount at which he stood ie. Rs.25 Lacs which was already won  while attempting the 11th question for 50 Lacs.

I am sure my fellow readers from Delhi and people who have watched the program would strongly agree to this that the contestant should be given a fair chance.

Manoj R. Kumar

Janakpuri, New Delhi-110058

Edited by Manoj2013 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Priya_990 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Good post.yes,It is very disheartening to see winning so much and settling to a minimal amount but then a wrong answer is a wrong answer.the show's rules must be changed.they should give the person on hot seat the amount won till he/she gave that wrong answer.
akruz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I dont think the question was wrong in anyways...the question was very clear...it being, "Who was the first governor of Reserve Bank"...just because the contestant had heard the name of  C.D.Deshmukh somewhere he shouldnt have taken the risk. Instead of taking risk at that point, he should have quit. Even Amitabh had warned him several times. But then people get carried away...
ami_31 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I don't agree with you at all. If shows like kbc starts giving benefit of doubt, people will just start claiming anything n everything while on the hot seat. When ppl reach at higher stage in the game, they cant just rely on their memory that too when they aren't even very sure of it. I would say the question was phrased intelligently n in a smart way. If they wud already mention, non indian in the question, as u proposed, there isn't any meaning of giving an Indian name in the option. That would look like he has to choose between 3 options n tjats not correct. All options shud have equal weitage to make it tricky.

Finally, I dont find any fault if they r trying to help not so rich ppl in this way thru a quiz show. I really like the idea behind this. At lst its better than ppl winning 1 crore in a show like big boss.