Sooraj Rathi

sincere thanks to

RumelaDawn, for her kind supprot in every step of
creating this thread...

TomNJerry aka TnJ
for her words from
A Tribute to Anas Rashid...

Erum aka sparkjule for her support

and to the original uploaders of siggies, avatars and pictures posted here..

Edited by June_Anne_Mary - 11 years ago
Posted: 11 years ago

A Tribute To Anas Rashid ...

I have to confess, I have never known you before Suraj Rathi happened to you! My writings on Suraj lay its foundational roots in you, for I see the soul of Suraj in your eyes ... your eyes show me the gift of happiness and the souvenir of pain ... I can pick out words that give me some credibility as a writer!  My writings will lay buried in this forum for forever ... and for that you deserve a big thank you!!

A character germinates when the craft of a writer is inextricably intertwined with the craft of an actor to create a memorable character who is unique in believable ways ... a planted seed which nurtures into a beautiful flower!

Your diligence as Suraj is passionate, desirable, and vulnerable ... you have tremendous clarity and conviction of both Suraj's outer and inner worlds. You have knocked down walls and immersed yourself as Suraj Rathi ... and it shows in the spectrum of mannerisms you display as Suraj which is impeccable … your infallible body language, perfect timing in varied scenes, your exquisite voice modulation, your precise diction as Suraj ... even the strands of hair that fall freely on your forehead, that lift in your eyebrow, that twitch in your eyes and that pulled up corners of your lips that eventually convert into a beautiful smile are all mesmerizing ... all makings of a COMPLETE actor!

There are episodes where Suraj's presence is only a mere of fleeting seconds but the class, maturity and continuity with which you enact Suraj Rathi is simply phenomenal.

The lines you speak touch your heart and it shows in your eyes which makes all the difference. One cannot help but marvel at the intricate design of a single leaf ... your eyes are like intricate seasonal color changing leaves ... I often find myself lost in them ... your eyes speak and often enough I have heard words in them ... from the calm sunset, the warm sunrise, a deep blue ocean, a raging of seas, a thunderstorm, a roaring waterfall, to a peaceful lake ... intense expressive set of eyes you have!

The subtleties with which you render Suraj gives him finesse, in time to come he shall become one of the evergreen iconic heroes of Indian television ... Suraj Rathi without you in complete!

Your have amazing range and grasp as an actor ... like a bouquet of colorful flowers ... a flower for every season and every reason ... and of course being tall and handsome always helps! 

Here's wishing you all the best in all your endeavors ... may you keep growing as an actor and keep rocking as Suraj!!

by

TomNJerry..

The Journey so Far

Anas Rashid was born in a conservative muslim family belonging to Malerkota, Punjab. After completing his basic education in hometown, he moved to Chandigarh for higher studies. In 2003, he participated in Mr.Punjab competition and won the title. Thereafter he did a number of punjabi music videos which were popular those days.

Later, he decided to try his luck in acting. Anas being from a conservative family with no background of acting, his relatives opposed his decision of choosing acting as his career. Despite all discouragement, with support of his parents, Anas moved to Mumbai with his dream of acting. In Mumbai, he struggled a lot to grab a role and he returned home after around a month. Returning Mumbai again, he had been introduced to Ekta Kapoor of Balaji telefilms who offered him a role in the telivision series Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka. Though the show took off air later due to some problems, Ekta has already cast him in her popular Star Plus show Kahin To Hoga.

The business tycoon, Kartik Ahluwalia of Kahin To Hoga is considered as the career making character of Anas. The show recieved good responses from everywhere. Though Anas portrayed the character well, his voice was dubbed by another artist for his Punjabi accent which did not suit the character. This made him work more on his accent and his digilence made him master Hindi accent. It eventually helped him to grab the lead role in the next soap he has been a part of.

It was the role of Prince Prithviraj Chauhan which gave him all over recognition as a versatile actor. The historical soap Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan which aired in Star Plus was based on life of King Prithviraj Chauhan of th century. Through this role, Anas grabbed millions of hearts and recieved good critical reviews. For portraying adult Prithviraj, he did really burn many midnight lamps. He lost his weight, improved his accent, learnt fencing and other methods of fighting and also has grown his hair for makinghimself fit to the character maximum possible. His work recieved good critical acclaims and admirations from everywhere.

Next role that immersed Anas into it was Yashvardhan from Aise Karo Na Vida which aired in Colors TV. It was a romantic soap deciphering the love story between Prince Yashvardhan and his wife Reva. Yashvardhan was a naive, romantic man who kept trying to earn love and trust of his wife Reva who was struggling to adjust between the royal lifestyle and her mournful past life. Beyond all expectations, Anas handled the role so beautifully that people forgot his image of Prithviraj and accepted him as Yashvardhan.

Currently he is portraying Sooraj Rathi, the male lead of Star Plus's most popular numero uno show Diya Aur Baati Hum which created history in Indian TV industry for being on the top most position for very long period, ruling TRP charts for around ten moths.

Besides, he has also been a part of other shows like Kesar, Mano Ya Naa Maano, Phir Koi Hai, Aahat and CID. It shows his attitude of not caring his actor image and accepting as much as various roles he could. Every role he selected was unique and different from each other. He succeeded in portraying all of them without bringing shadows of one character into another, making each of them memorable.

Anas has done postgraduation in Psychology. He is a good singer, a good dancer and also a good cook too. He loves to travel a lot. He believes in his self-esteem the most and that only made him travel this long.

Lets hope and wish his all dreams come true

and

he may find success in all his endeavours.

Sooraj Rathi

Sooraj is a naive, sober, sweet and altruistic man who runs own sweet shop to meet daily needs of his family. Various situations forced him to discontinue his studies in the middle of 9th standard when his father got diseased and bed-ridden. From that age, he has been fulfilling all needs of his family. Like a charcoal piece that turns diamond under intense heat and pressure, Sooraj has also been reasoned by bitter experiences of his life.

He is the pet of his mother and he loves and respects her the most. His sheer innocence has made ways for his vindictive siblings to take him granted and make maximum use of him. Still he loves and cares everyone around him. He lives for them and his happiness lies in their happiness. He never bothers about himself and that makes him being mocked brutally at times.

Sooraj's promise is his unconditional love. That only makes him stand by the side of his wife Sandhya, who dreams of becoming an IPS officer, breaking the barriers of conventional DILs. Though being from extremely different situations and standards, they are together as Diya and Baati is only because of his dedication and understanding. He is the sun who shines her days. He is the moon who coolens her nights. He is her air, water and her last rays of hope. He is the horizon of her dreams. He is for her and she is for him. They are made to be together like fragrance and flower. Let them love each other forever...

And we shall be glad and rejoice in them being on the side.

-|| Rules and Regulations ||-

What you're supposed to do..!!

1. Discussion and appreciation of only Anas Rashid and charactors he portrays.

2. Clean and healthy conversations.

3. All kinds of fan activities within healthy limits.

4. Daily discussions on Anas's contributions in different episodes.

5. Follow DO's and DON'T DO's very strictly.

What you should not do..!!

1. Comments including only one or two words or emoticons or only plain emoticons.

2. Quoting more than three replies.

3. Comparing Anas Rashid with other actors.

4. Discussing personal life of the Actor.

4. Discussing other co-stars of Anas in DABH unless it is related to the situation/show.

5. Comparing DABH with other shows.

6. Discussing other shows.

7. Any kinds of derogatory remarks/comments and ambiguous comments about Anas Rashid and Sooraj Rathi.

8. Any kinds of personal attacks on other members, including personalised ambiguous comments in a manner that hurt others.

9. Opening another AT once this one reaches 150 pages.

What to do if you find...

1. A member breaking any rule stated above-- just let me know or inform DABH mod.

2. Once page 150 is reached-- inform me. Either me or any other person directed by me only should open next AT. Because we are prepared with how next thread must be and I do not wish to see our efforts getting wasted. Kindly wait for 24 hours for any of us to create next AT. If we're not available even after 24 hours, ask DABH mod to create the next.

Don't forget. 

1. Consider what stated above as a warning and enter.
2. If you're not an Anas fan, kindly leave the thread.
3. If anyone is found breaking any rule, will be banned from the AT.

Remember, this is our AT, not only mine or yours, for our Anas. A small orchard that being nurtured for him though he may not be knowing it. He is the air and water here. He only shines cloudy days and lits cool flames in dark nights here. Keep our orchard healthy and make every moment memorable. Make it more and more beautiful and sweet everyday.

here are some pics and other creations...

|| the dbc moment ||

To join the AT,

hit like belowand send me a PMwith subject as JOIN AT. Hit like and send PM. Do both.

You'll recieve my PM confirming you as a member.

Once you sent PM you can start commenting...

Now why to wait??? Come abroad, my loving spammers...(hi hi hi hi you all must be knowing what I meant by spammer- a regular, active member of DABH forum.).. Lets drool and dissect our chchora and his skills, from tip to toe, in all three dimensions, in all 360 degree angle...

List of Members-

June_Anne_Mary

ami_dabh

seelaks

RumelaDawn

Seyaani_Billee

farhana874

MisscoolEyes

SAIBALROUTH

sita11