Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012

Is Versatility Important?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Blossom5

Goldie

Blossom5

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 7:32pm | IP Logged
Sometimes, i don't really know what srgmp looks for in winners as you have sufi singers competing against classical singers. Im sure lots of the competition's worth is in how much money the channel can make off it while giving new talent a platform but, how can you really decide who wins when you have singers from different genres competing with each other?  If what they are looking for is a Bollywood playback singer, contestants need to be versatile.  just judging by volume of work, how much work a singer gets in Bollywood, being versatile is key. If they want a classical singer, Mohd Aman is the winner, hands down. I feel versatility is most important. None of these singers have been confidend enough to sing outside their comfort zone.  (I cant say they aren't capable enough to do this as i don't know the full scope of their talent)  We have brilliant niche singers today, Jasim in Ghazals, Mohd Aman in classical, Renu in Sufi etc. For me though, a true superstar is one who can take any song, be it a Ghazal, classical song or rock song, become the song, perform it accurately and leave the audience wanting more. I haven't seen that yet although the competition has months left, i have high hopes. I strongly believe whoever wins this show has to be versatile but one could make the argument that since there are so many singers out there, we don't necessarily need a jack of all trades, as long as he/she excells in his/her genre. I guess it all boils down to how you measure success: sheer volume (versatility) or excelling in your genre and maybe getting less work but still doing alright (genre specific singers.) What do you guys think?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tulipbaby53

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is Versatility Important?" in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 10:19pm | IP Logged
For me personally, I love hearing all the different styles of singing, but when it comes down to a winner, I agree: He or she must be versatile. At the end of the day, the contestant wants to be a Bollywood playback singer. In order to become more successful at attaining that goal, the singer must be able to sing all genres and do smooth voice modulations. I would like to hear how the contestants sound when they are out of their comfort zone. 

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.