Qubool Hai

ALL Questions & Queries about Religion HERE (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 24

abd_20

Goldie

abd_20

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 5:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by payalibm

lots of stories and animated films and serial ahs been made on ramayan and mahabharata nd other gods even in jessus too...but i never got to see anything about allah...can some one plzz enlight me the story of allah...if its not against there rules and customs...i wud love to knwo about allah and his teaching to humanity...

ps - i hope i am not hurting nayones feelings... plzz frgave if i ahve asked or said soem thing against anyones feelings..i am extreme sorry for that

_______
Hey,

No you have not hurt ny1's feelings
i m glad u asked we see images of
God in other religion like hinduism
sikhism & christianity but there is
no image of Allah because islam
is based on faith not idol worshipping
Holy book is about guidance to
humanity anyone can follow
islam if they will to accept to
worship none but 1 god Allah
so no one knows how all mighty. Looks hope u my explaination has helped u understand islam better.

Edited by abd_20 - 12 November 2012 at 5:47am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Chaudhrytmashlok4everSweet_Ashuman_kRainbowWarriorpayalibmffkhan

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "ALL Questions & Queries about Religion HERE (Page 5)" in Qubool Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Risha.J

Goldie

Risha.J

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -sun.shine-

I have a question.
Zoya and her family keeps saying "Allah mian" too often, but I never heard anyone saying "Allah mian" in any region. It that allowed according to the religion? And what's the meaning of "mian" here? I personally don't like this word being added to Allah's name.

It is for respect and people do use it... But in the 'according-to-the-rules' form of things, we are not allowed to associate any gender with Allah. Goes with the saying "He is neither man, nor woman." So yes, it is not ALLOWED. But then again, people do use it

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

neenzzSweet_Ashuman_kRainbowWarriorpayalibmffkhan

Risha.J

Goldie

Risha.J

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 10:17am | IP Logged
A SMALL STORY OF ISLAM AND THE PROPHET

Islam is the belief in one supreme Allah and no images, gender or any discriminating factor we use for humans can be associated with Him (which is why I am against this use of 'miyan' with Allah.)

Basically, the Holy Prophet (SAW) was an orphan and his mother died when he was six. He lived with his uncle and learnt trade from him. His honesty gained him the titles of Al-Sadiq (truthful) and Al-Amin (faithful). His first wife, Hazrat Khadija came to know him through his fame as an honest person and she hired him as a trader (she was a businesswoman). After some time, she was impressed by his honesty and character and sent a proposal to his uncle. At the time, he was 25 while Khadija was a 40 yr old widow.

Later in life, he used to go to a cave in a mountain called 'Hira' and used to ponder over things around him. Mecca (the city he lived in) was a corrupt and dishonest and an extremely cruel society (to the weak esp.) and was run by a few corrupt leaders. There he received his first revelation. In easy words, it told Muhammad That 'Read in Allah's name (who is Lord and Cherisher) and who created man and who has taught you (man) what you did not know."

Muhammad was shaken up after this and was very scared. He went home to Khadija and told her the account. She promised full support and some people say that after Muhammad, she was the first one to accept Islam. In Prophet's small circle, Islam grew and his close friends accepted the religion. Prophet went public with his declaration soon after but was met with hatred and disbelief, esp by the leaders (even though people KNEW him for his honesty.). They said that they could believe that an army waited to attack them on the other side of the mountain they stood on but refused to accept his ideas of Allah.Soon, it became a threat to the corrupt leaders of Mecca and they started persecuting Muslims violently, even killing some people. 

They boycotted the Prophet's tribe, killed and physically tortured their muslim slaves who had zero rights at the time and were extremely poor and weak, they refused to sell any food or water and other necessities to the Prophet and his companions. The hatred of the rest of Quraysh for the followers of the Prophet (pbuh) grew so great that when his companions tried to buy supplies from a caravan passing near to Mecca, Abu Lahab, one of the Muslims' worst enemies, offered ten times the price of the goods to the merchant (the ban was later lifted due to external pressure). One such example is Hazrat Bilal (the first man to offer azaan on top of the Kabah). His master would take him out into the desert, tie him up, and leave him in the sun with a large stone on his chest. Fortunately Abu Bakr was passing by one day and saw Umayyah torturing Bilal, so he bought him from his master for a large sum of money and then set him free.

They even tried to offer him 'greater goods' if he gave up preaching. He replied:

"...by Allah, if they put the sun in my right hand and the moon in my left in return for my giving up this cause, I would not give it up until Allah makes Truth victorious, or I die in His service."

Unable to stop this, Muhammed migrated to the city of Madina with his companions after he recieved information that there were plans by the Quraish to kill him.Here, Islam was already accepted. He was welcomed whole-heartedly and with open arms. His arrival was celebration for the city. The time spent in Madina was when Islam developed and the details of the religion were revealed to Prophet by Allah. 

However, the Meccans did not give up their fight against Islam and they continued to battle them. There were three major battles in the time between migration to Madina and conquest of Mecca. Battle of Badr, Uhud and Trench. Muslims won the first and last. 

Muhammad dreamt that he entered Makkah and did tawaf (walk around) around the Kabah (the Quraish kept their idols there, at the time, it is now the center of Muslim worship). His Companions in Madinah were delighted when he told them about it. They all revered Makkah and the Ka'bah and they yearned to do tawaf there. In 628, Muhammad and a group of 1,400 Muslims marched peacefully towards Mecca, in an attempt to perform the Umrah (pilgrimage). They were dressed as pilgrims, and brought sacrificial animals, hoping that the Quraish would honor the Arabian custom of allowing converts to enter the city. The Muslims had left Medina in a state of ihram, a premeditated spiritual and physical state which restricted their freedom of action and prohibited fighting. This, along with the paucity of arms carried, indicated that the pilgrimage was always intended to be peaceful.

Muhammad's people camped outside of Mecca, and Muhammad met with a Meccan emissary. And made his peaceful intentions known.The two parties decided to resolve the matter through diplomacy rather than warfare, and a treaty was drawn up:

1. Muslims would return to Medina that year;
2. They would be permitted to enter Mecca for Pilgrimage next year but they would stay only for 3 days in Mecca.
3. If a Quraish from Mecca joins the Muslims without permission of his guardians, he or she would be sent back to Mecca. But if a Muslim from Medina went to Mecca he or she will not be sent back.
4. There would be no fighting for at least 10 years.

Finally, when the treaty of Hudaibya (between Meccan and Muslim tribes to avoid violence) was broken by a Quriash ally tribe Banu-Bakr (after two years), Prophet gave the Quraish three options 1) Blood money for the men the tribe, Banu Bakr had killed men from.  2) Quriah withdrew alliance with banu bakr. 3) Treaty of Hudaibya was abrogated. The Quraish chose the third option.

This lead to the conquest of Mecca. Prophet moved with an army of 10000 men.  The move of the army started from Medina on 10th Ramdan, 8/January 1, 630. Having no courage to resist, the Meccans laid down their arms. Muhammad triumphantly entered Mecca at the head of a formidable force after a banishment lasting for years, on 20th Ramdan, 8/January 11, 630. Many Muslims had lost their nearest and dearest at the hands of the people now completely at their mercy. All of them carried in their hearts bitter memories of cruelty, persecution and pain inflicted by their now humble enemies. Yet none thought of vengeance or retribution, and none raised his arm against a defenceless foe.

Thus, Mecca was captured and Two months after performing the Hajj (his 'farewell pilgrimage), Prophet Muhammad fell ill. He continued to lead the congregation prayers. After one of these prayers he invoked special blessings on the martyrs of Uhud, and then addressed the Muslims: (slave is Prophet s.a.w)

""There is a slave among the slaves of Allah (The One God) to whom God has offered the choice between this world and that which is with Him, and the slave has chosen that which is with God."

He meant that his time in the Earthly world was now over and soon after he feel even more ill and on his birthday, twelfth of Rabi-ul-awal, he died at his wife's home. Many say that he died in his wife's lap. :,)                                                                                         

PS. This is an EXTREMELY brief history and excludes many smaller details.

PPS If you find any errors let me know and I'll correct it. Plus, do ask if you have any questions!

Edited by Risha.J - 12 November 2012 at 10:31am

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

sehreen07neenzzT4YY4B4-FrozenRain-Sweet_Ashumnomad.nessChaudhrytmRainbowWarrioran_kManoshonoMalika_ZL_Khan--Iqra--ffkhanMahek_No1

Risha.J

Goldie

Risha.J

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 10:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by payalibm

lots of stories and animated films and serial ahs been made on ramayan and mahabharata nd other gods even in jessus too...but i never got to see anything about allah...can some one plzz enlight me the story of allah...if its not against there rules and customs...i wud love to knwo about allah and his teaching to humanity...

ps - i hope i am not hurting nayones feelings... plzz frgave if i ahve asked or said soem thing against anyones feelings..i am extreme sorry for that

There are five pillars for Islam (namely, five rules all muslims have to abide by):
1. Iman or belief and faith in Allah
2. Namaz or offering prayers five times a day
3. Roza or fasting durin Ramazan
4. Zakat or alms-giving to poor and needy muslims (the spirit of this is like charity but is different)
5. Hajj or offering pilgrimage to Mecca and MAdina at least once in your life (provided health and finance allows.)

PS Look at the above post for story. And having questions is not something you need to apologise for! Agar pucho ge nahi tou jaano ge kaise? Wink

Edited by Risha.J - 12 November 2012 at 10:46am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Sumeer2024sehreen07neenzztristar03nomad.nessan_kRainbowWarrior--Iqra--Malika_ZL_KhanBatameez.

RainbowWarrior

IF-Dazzler

RainbowWarrior

IJSMB Banner Contest Winner.

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
Wow, brilliant thread. Thank you so much for this HugHugHug

Great job on all the questions & answers. Well done! Clap 
subhanAllah Smile

Originally posted by ChocolateCharms

Good question :)

To understand why Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was chosen as the last prophet, you have to know all about him, as well as going back in history to the Arab society. Prophet Muhammad lived during a time when there was no law or science in Arabia and people were so dominated by superstitions and ignorance that historians refer to the period as the "Dark Ages". And even though the 'Dark Ages' occurred throughout Europe and the Middle East, but the knowledge of civilization was more lacking in Arabia than in all other parts of the world.

It was during this period that Allah revealed the Holy Qur'an, with it's great light of truth and it's universal message to Prophet Muhammad.
The Qur'an had overcome all of the ignorance which had come into Arabian society, ignorance which held the people down by enslaving their minds, their morality and their spirituality. Also this is why the revelation of the Qur'an is considered as a great Miracle in Islam, cos it was revealed to Prophet Muhammad, who was illiterate, yet he was still able to recite the Qur'an!

The Qur'an wasn't revealed to Prophet Muhammad cos he had wealth or cos he was the son of a great man or woman, or cos he had worldly knowledge! It was revealed to him, because he had a good heart, he was honest, and he had an impeccable human character and Allah chose him as the best example of humanity, hence he was chosen as the last prophet!

It's also important to remember that parts of the true 'message' (Qur'an) had been brought to people by previous prophets, however overtime the message got distorted and people again went astray. So finally Allah decided to send the final true 'message' (Qur'an) and prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was chosen, (cos of the reasons I have already mentioned above ^^) to preach Islam and bring people on the right path again!

Hope this helps :)

PS. NO OFFENCE INTENDED TO ANYONE!

@bold,
I just want to point out that the more correct term to use is unlettered, as opposed to illiterate, because although the Prophet (SAW) could not read and write he was still literate in the Arabic language.

The people of Arabia in those times relied heavily on an oral form of education. They were highly skilled in the Arabic language and could recite hundreds of lines of poetry and literature, simply from memory. This was their skill. So, the Prophet (SAW) was intelligent and well versed in the Arabic language in a oral form.

Our socities today depend heavily on a written form of education, so it is a little hard for us to imagine what an oral education may have been like. But for the folks in Arabia this was completely normal and they had brilliant memorization abilities because of this. 

And Allah knows best.

Edited by RainbowWarrior - 12 November 2012 at 10:48pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

sehreen07neenzzT4YY4B4an_k--Iqra--mcdreamy.Batameez.

mcdreamy.

IF-Stunnerz

mcdreamy.

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 1:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by RainbowWarrior

Wow, brilliant thread. Thank you so much for thisHugHugHugGreat job on all the questions & answers. Well done!ClapsubhanAllahSmile

Originally posted by ChocolateCharms

Good question :)

To understand why Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was chosen as the last prophet, you have to know all about him, as well as going back in history to the Arab society. Prophet Muhammad lived during a time when there was no law or science in Arabia and people were so dominated by superstitions and ignorance that historians refer to the period as the "Dark Ages". And even though the 'Dark Ages' occurred throughout Europe and the Middle East, but the knowledge of civilization was more lacking in Arabia than in all other parts of the world.

It was during this period that Allah revealed the Holy Qur'an, with it's great light of truth and it's universal message to Prophet Muhammad. The Qur'an had overcome all of the ignorance which had come into Arabian society, ignorance which held the people down by enslaving their minds,their morality and their spirituality. Also this is why the revelation of the Qur'an is considered as a great Miracle in Islam, cos it was revealed to Prophet Muhammad, who was illiterate, yet he was still able to recite the Qur'an!

The Qur'an wasn't revealed to Prophet Muhammad cos he had wealth or cos he was the son of a great man or woman, or cos he had worldly knowledge! It was revealed to him, because he had a good heart, he was honest, and he had an impeccable human character and Allah chose him as the best example of humanity, hence he was chosen as the last prophet!

It's also important to remember that parts of the true 'message' (Qur'an) had been brought to people by previous prophets, however overtime the message got distorted and people again went astray. So finally Allah decided to send the final true 'message' (Qur'an) and prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was chosen, (cos of the reasons I have already mentioned above ^^) to preach Islam and bring people on the right path again!

Hope this helps :)

PS. NO OFFENCE INTENDED TO ANYONE!

@bold, I just want to point out that the more correct term to use is unlettered, asopposedto illiterate, because although the Prophet (SAW) could not read and write he was still literate in the Arabic language.

The people of Arabia in those times relied heavily on an oral form of education. They were highly skilled in the Arabic language and could recite hundreds of lines of poetry and literature, simply from memory. This was their skill. So, the Prophet (SAW) was intelligent and well versed in the Arabic language in a oral form.

Our socities today depend heavily on a written form of education, so it is a little hard for us to imagine what an oral education may have been like. But for the folks in Arabia this was completely normal and they had brilliant memorization abilities because of this.

And Allah knows best.

Yes my mistake! You're right about that :) sorry and thank you for pointing it out :)

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

RainbowWarriorffkhanMalika_ZL_KhanMahek_No1

ZoobiDoobi

IF-Addictz

ZoobiDoobi

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 3:58pm | IP Logged

tristar03

tristar03

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
an_k,brilliant answer regarding PROPHET SAW.just loved it

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RainbowWarrioran_k