Arjun

Hats off To every1 assosiated today (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 7

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 7
Page 6 Page 7

ll-Shilpa-ll

IF-Sizzlerz

ll-Shilpa-ll

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 6:14pm | IP Logged
Tani, sorry for the late reply, when I got your PM I hadn't yet watched the episode so I waited until I watched it to comment.

Absolutely on the spot analysis of everything. I loved today's episode very much, one of the best. Even at the end, what a brilliant move by Arjun to give Hiten medicine to cause Acid Reflux which can have a heart attack like symptoms.

Bravo to the whole team once again for the very good research and the brilliant way the whole episode was executed.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_TaNi_

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Hats off To every1 assosiated today (Page 5)" in Arjun forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

avanthika333

avanthika333

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 6:59pm | IP Logged
ya actually sree and chottus scenes were damn good.. even rathore he is serious always..still i like him..arjuns past was emotional..

sashashyam

IF-Rockerz

sashashyam

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 12:12am | IP Logged
You are welcome, Tani. I am glad you did this very nice and compact special analysis of what was a very elegant and cerebral episode, a few plot holes notwithstanding

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by tani23

Originally posted by sashashyam

Sorry, but Shereen in the girl whom Arjun rescued from the women  traffickers in the first episode. Arjun is obviously a friend of her father, a senior police officer who had taken premature retirement, and that is why she calls him Arjun bhaiyya.

Hiten's wife, whom he murders, is called Sandhya.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Thanks frend ...

now i remember ,...

sashashyam

IF-Rockerz

sashashyam

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 12:15am | IP Logged
My dear Sanchayita,

You are always very welcome. Not to worry - one cannot possibly remember everything all the time, can one? I am posting another and more detailed response to a joint post by you and Tani; do take a look at it; you would find it interesting.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by SanchayitaM

Sorry, but Shereen in the girl whom Arjun rescued from the women traffickers in the first episode. Arjun is obviously a friend of her father, a senior police officer who had taken premature retirement, and that is why she calls him Arjun bhaiyya.

Hiten's wife, whom he murders, is called Sandhya.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by kgmu86

wow deep analysis
u must be research desk of ETF
pls continue dear u can open a new thread for this

Wat is research desk ...sum1 tell me ??
4m wer rhea belonged b4 she joined the feild job. N shreen is hiten's wife...

thanks Shyamala Aunty for the correction. I mixed up the two names, sorry for that!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Love_Arnie

sashashyam

IF-Rockerz

sashashyam

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 12:17am | IP Logged

Dear Tani & Sanchayita,

I agree that Rathore was finally  given his due today, and I am glad both of you noticed and appreciated that. The ETF  is after all a team, and Rathore is a very thorough and conscientious, if somewhat conventional police officer. All he lacks is imagination - the ability to think out of the box and from under the guilty party's skin -  which is naturally the sole preserve of our boy wonder Arjun!

The second crucial point  made by Rathore was
Kevin da Costa was a Catholic, and so he would have been buried, not cremated, as Sandhya was, and so his remains would be available for a post mortem to determine if he dies due a poison. That was an even more crucial point than the discovery of the earring. It is another matter that the first exhumation attempt fails due to the 'castling' technique from chess having been very cleverly adapted to his own ends by Hiten, by exchanging the headstones.

Two other points come to mind in this context. Exchanging two such large and heavy headstones could not have been easy, and how did Hiten do this undetected in a graveyard? He would have had to work at night, and if the caretaker had caught him he would have been in trouble. If he had bribed him to keep quiet, there would always have been the risk of subsequent blackmail.

Secondly, for all his cleverness and smugness, it is Hiten who digs his own grave, so to speak, by explaining the 'castling' move to Arjun in a fit of arrogant condescension. If he had not done that, Arjun would not have been able to figure out how Kevin's supposed body turned out to be clean, and he would have been stuck.

In the end,
Hiten's ability to outthink his opponent fails, because he goes only one step, not two ahead, concerning what he assumes in an exchange of the glasses. Arjun, in contrast,  goes the full two steps - he knows that Hiten will assume that he has indeed exchanged the glasses and will pick up the other one, and he spikes him by doing nothing at all. This was  the cleverest thing he does that evening, cleverer than the acid reflux hoax, for he manages to outsmart a man whose speciality is thinking  2 steps ahead of his opponent, and this without even being a chess expert!

That passage reminded me of the showdown between Sherlock Holmes, the most famous fictional detective of all time, and his nemesis Professor Moriarty. It came down there too, in
The Final Problem,  to Holmes outthinking Moriarty in exactly the same fashion, though the actions were quite different. I do not want to bore you with more details, but if any of you is at all interested in pure detection, the Sherlock Holmes stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle are an excellent read even today, 130 years after the first was written.

In fact, I think Arjun has a lot of Holmes in his characterisation - with the same arrogance of intelligence, the same contemptuous impatience with lesser minds, the same abruptness and lack of social skills. But then Holmes was never part of any team, nor was he a policeman. Arjun is both, and so some fine tuning seems called for to smoothen out his rough edges , which I think is happening.

Sorry to have inflicted such a long response on you young ladies, but I am glad Tani did a special on yesterday's excellent episode, which I liked a lot, whence these amplifications that I hope you and some others might find of interest.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Not to forget Rathore... He noticed the missing earrings which leads to gauri...! N his mindblowing:: DAMN ITT!!! Agree to ur pov... But I missed Rheae flashback in the coffee scene!

i agree Rathore was amazing today as well

he noticed d earring n dere is 1 more thing which he did today (i m missing dat ...i m not able to recall)

tujhe yaad hain ...pls tell na ...
I expected Shree n chotu to say sumthing about her

umm... He that ' rawte tum kya etf chhorke botany mein phd karne ki soch rahe ho???

He explained sumthing to shree...GOD i m not able to recall it

Can u pls answer my questions on dis page
shree.. I too dont remember.. Let the written update come!

Edited by sashashyam - 05 November 2012 at 12:21am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

arrylineGurmeet4Drashti_TaNi_

_TaNi_

IF-Sizzlerz

_TaNi_

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 12:31am | IP Logged

@ Funkylicious :

Wow i read d part u mentioned

thanks for d wonderful response 

_TaNi_

IF-Sizzlerz

_TaNi_

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 12:35am | IP Logged

Dear Tani & Sanchayita,

I agree that Rathore was finally  given his due today, and I am glad both of you noticed and appreciated that. The ETF  is after all a team, and Rathore is a very thorough and conscientious, if somewhat conventional police officer. All he lacks is imagination - the ability to think out of the box and from under the guilty party's skin -  which is naturally the sole preserve of our boy wonder Arjun!

Kevin da Costa was a Catholic, and so he would have been buried, not cremated, as Sandhya was, and so his remains would be available for a post mortem to determine if he dies due a poison. That was an even more crucial point than the discovery of the earring. It is another matter that the first exhumation attempt fails due to the 'castling' technique from chess having been very cleverly adapted to his own ends by Hiten, by exchanging the headstones.

Two other points come to mind in this context. Exchanging two such large and heavy headstones could not have been easy, and how did Hiten do this undetected in a graveyard? He would have had to work at night, and if the caretaker had caught him he would have been in trouble. If he had bribed him to keep quiet, there would always have been the risk of subsequent blackmail.

Secondly, for all his cleverness and smugness, it is Hiten who digs his own grave, so to speak, by explaining the 'castling' move to Arjun in a fit of arrogant condescension. If he had not done that, Arjun would not have been able to figure out how Kevin's supposed body turned out to be clean, and he would have been stuck.

In the end,
Hiten's ability to outthink his opponent fails, because he goes only one step, not two ahead, concerning what he assumes in an exchange of the glasses. Arjun, in contrast,  goes the full two steps - he knows that Hiten will assume that he has indeed exchanged the glasses and will pick up the other one, and he spikes him by doing nothing at all. This was  the cleverest thing he does that evening, cleverer than the acid reflux hoax, for he manages to outsmart a man whose speciality is thinking  2 steps ahead of his opponent, and this without even being a chess expert!

That passage reminded me of the showdown between Sherlock Holmes, the most famous fictional detective of all time, and his nemesis Professor Moriarty. It came down there too, in
The Final Problem,  to Holmes outthinking Moriarty in exactly the same fashion, though the actions were quite different. I do not want to bore you with more details, but if any of you is at all interested in pure detection, the Sherlock Holmes stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle are an excellent read even today, 130 years after the first was written.

In fact, I think Arjun has a lot of Holmes in his characterisation - with the same arrogance of intelligence, the same contemptuous impatience with lesser minds, the same abruptness and lack of social skills. But then Holmes was never part of any team, nor was he a policeman. Arjun is both, and so some fine tuning seems called for to smoothen out his rough edges , which I think is happening.

Sorry to have inflicted such a long response on you young ladies, but I am glad Tani did a special on yesterday's excellent episode, which I liked a lot, whence these amplifications that I hope you and some others might find of interest.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Thanks a ton...di 

finally i remember the Rathore Point 

of Disclosing dat Kavi dcosta was a catholic

i was forgetting dis point since yesterday

i loved ur analysis too...it was mind blowing 

sashashyam

IF-Rockerz

sashashyam

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 12:52am | IP Logged
My dear Tani,

You are very welcome, and I was pleased that you did not find my long response boring. As I mentioned earlier, I liked your compact and neat analysis a lot, otherwise I would not have inflicted mine on you!

There was another little, or not so little plot hole that you must have noticed.
Why did Sandhya not move out of Hiten's place once she finds out that he has murdered Kevin? She does not need a divorce for that. Instead, she sits around drinking herself silly and waiting to be murdered. If she had not met Arjun entirely by chance at that party, Hiten would have got off scot free.

None of this detracts from the fact this was an excellent episode, despite, or perhaps because of the fact that there was no chase, no fight, and no Samjhe ya samjhaoon ( which is getting to be too repetitive).

And the Arjun-Roshni scene was incredibly moving. No wonder someone has noted on this forum that the Arjun we see today is not the old one at all, he has been changed beyond recall by such a terrible experience. Have you see Aamir Khan's Ghajini?  There is the same wrenching trauma at the loss of a beloved to brutal violence, but there it is physical as well.

Shyamala Aunty (I am over 60, my dear, so Aunty would be more appropriate, don't you think?)

Thanks a ton...di 

finally i remember the Rathore Point of Disclosing dat Kavi dcosta was a catholici was forgetting dis point since yesterday

i loved ur analysis too...it was mind blowing 

[QUOTE=sashashyam]

Dear Tani & Sanchayita,

In the end,

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Arjun Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.