Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012

Sajid asking contestants whether they sang well? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

music-a-muse

IF-Dazzler

music-a-muse

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 9:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sushrutapandey

I don't think there's anything wrong in principle with what he's doing. These singers are all highly talented and they are probably aware that they messed up on any particular day. Sajid is right in that the contestants have to assess their own performance objectively and honestly. 

I totally agree. 

Whether it is right to do it on a show, am not too sure. But, it brings an interesting twist to the whole thing. the contestants are also aware that they cannot  get unwarranted praise and get away with poor singing.

This is a good article i came across. They are not musical idiots, as some folks think -a general remarkSmilethey may not come across as polished and sophisticated, but seem quite genuine.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sushrutapandeyDiamondLifetulipbaby53

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sajid asking contestants whether they sang well? (Page 2)" in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

HakkaBakka

Goldie

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 9:49pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

music-a-musetulipbaby53

HakkaBakka

Goldie

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sushrutapandeymusic-a-museDiamondLifetulipbaby53

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 10:12pm | IP Logged
Well, asking a contestant how they thought they performed is not really that big of a deal. I don't think it's also a bad thing if they ask, "How many marks would you give yourself?" It's just a question, and he just wants the contestant to look back and analyze their performance and see their faults. My voice teacher used also ask the same thing, "How do you think you are singing today? Do you think you will get this part with this singing?" It does put you on the spot, you might also feel embarrassed answering, but usually for me, I was embarrassed to answer because I knew the answer was, "No, I did not sing well." 

The thing I did not like was Sajid asking Preity to give marks. She doesn't know anything about music. How can she give marks? Confused I'm glad he told her to take away some points. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

music-a-museDabulls23

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 10:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by HakkaBakka

My question: Did it happen first time on SRGMP?
Had not mentor hug contestants in the past?

I agree with Music-a-muse and Pandey ji.

@ Bold: I don't like male judges doing too much hugging to females in general. Not specifying any one judge in particular. I know personally, I would be really uncomfortable. 

Edited by tulipbaby53 - 04 November 2012 at 10:14pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

music-a-muse

DiamondLife

IF-Sizzlerz

DiamondLife

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 2:33am | IP Logged
Sajid may be not so polished and good musician..director..

but last season he did some not so appropriate for stage things when malika sherawat came..My point is, its ok to be not polished or sophisticated but there are certain things one should not do or be careful when judging authentic shows like SRGMP...

mynameisking

mynameisking

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 4:35am | IP Logged
over-acting, sekhi ...by sajidwajid

music-a-muse

IF-Dazzler

music-a-muse

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 8:33am | IP Logged
edited

Edited by music-a-muse - 05 November 2012 at 10:20am

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012 Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.