Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012

Sajid asking contestants whether they sang well?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Mohini19

Goldie

Mohini19

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 9:47am | IP Logged
First of all, please understand that this is not a criticism post but just meant for some good discussion. 

So, sajid yesterday asked Jasim after his performance, "tell me honestly, how many points you deserve?". Shankar even objected to this. I strongly felt that was like putting a contestant on the spot. Giving himself points is not jasim's job. It's sajid's job. If he didn't like the singing, he is more than free to take off points and even give his feedback and comments. But, what's with asking a contestant an uncomfortable question like that? 

In fact, sajid did the exact same thing last week also with parul. Of course, we all know parul was a weak contestant in terms of singing compared to the others. She would have been eliminated anyways last week. So, sajid asked her "do you think you sang well?" When she was about to answer, he interuppted her and said "just say yes or no". What's with that? Of course, her singing was flawed. But, asking a CATEGORICAL ANSWER like GOOD or BAD is just not done. She had her weaknesses but she wasn't horrible. It would have been much better if he had given her some advise. The poor girl ended  responding "No".

As much as I appreciate sajid for his talent, I wish he is more careful in the future. 

Again, please understand that this is not meant to bash anyone. 

Edited by Mohini19 - 04 November 2012 at 9:47am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

kisanjibeetaurusDiamondLifeDabulls23tulipbaby53

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sajid asking contestants whether they sang well?" in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kisanji

Groupbie

kisanji

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
I dislike SW. Sometimes, they want to hug. Sometimes, they want to give full marks ignoring other judges. Sometimes, they make a fun of singer.
I never liked their judgement and attitude.

DiamondLife

IF-Sizzlerz

DiamondLife

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 4:53pm | IP Logged
LOL
i was waiting for this..
i have no problem with wajid..
Sajid is weird..

Isse to acha hai dono apne  apne 5 marks mein se de..

Sometimes wajid has to go with himTongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Mohini19tulipbaby53

sushrutapandey

sushrutapandey

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 5:29pm | IP Logged
I don't think there's anything wrong in principle with what he's doing. These singers are all highly talented and they are probably aware that they messed up on any particular day. Sajid is right in that the contestants have to assess their own performance objectively and honestly. 

music-a-musetulipbaby53

kisanji

Groupbie

kisanji

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 5:41pm | IP Logged
Then there is no need of judges. In that case, renu is eligible for best performer instead of J Joshi.

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 5:48pm | IP Logged
Good topic Mohini..

If S-W want to ask contestant ask abt how they sang and what mark would they give than its time they leave judges panel...No need for them..Approve

Mohini19tulipbaby53

Mohini19

Goldie

Mohini19

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 6:23pm | IP Logged
I didn't see the previous season of SRGMP. So, I can't really comment on Sajid-Wajid's judging in the previous seasons.

I don't particularly find anything wrong about their judging. But, asking a contestant to give themselves points is something totally uncalled for and not needed. It does affect the fairness on the show.

DiamondLifeDabulls23

beetaurus

Goldie

beetaurus

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 6:47pm | IP Logged
Mohini, a very good post.  I agree with you.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.