Page 3 Page 3

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by music-a-muse

I am not very sure, i agree with that.

Bollywood is evolving, so are other music industries.

Music is changing, singers are evolving, times are changing. Everyone is adapting.

Imagine shreya singing zoobi doobi . thats the way it is.

What is the guarantee that you are versatile and still will get a job? in any of these woods?

kailash kher is a niche singer, so is sukhwinder. So is shankar mahadevan or kk or mohit chahuhan. are they all not successful?

we cannot predict audiences taste and that is it.

I feel they can continue the show as it is and forget themes etc.

let anyone be the winner.

let us all enjoy good music while the show lasts.

BTW, i do not want mohammad aman to become a bollywood singer, with his talent he will not be lost. God bless him.

It doesn't guarantee, but even take Shreya Ghoshal for example, she can sing so many different genres of music. so can SM and KK. I don't think Mohit Chauhan can, and you are right it is also audience dependent too. If you are seriously looking into singing in films, it helps to be versatile so that you can reach more MD and possibly get more work. Even Asha-ji and Lata-ji changed their singing styles and approaches according to the song. That is why they are were so successful for so many decades!

I agree with your last point as well: I really don't want Mohammad Aman to become a Bollywood singer because he will lose himself there. Like others, he might lose his focus in classic music and try to become mainstream when he's actually born to sing pure classical. I'm just not sure what he can make decent money off of with singing without being in movies. I guess CDs and world tours perhaps. Let's hope some good Ustad will take him under his wing, and perhaps better guide him career-wise. 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is SRGMP right? (Page 2)" in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

slumgod.

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 10:42pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shunu6music-a-museDabulls23tulipbaby53

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 10:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by UnsolvedMystery

If anyone thought that these contestants will rock bollywood someday then forget about it. No matter how talented they are and no matter how much they got praised by the music director-cum-mentors, reality is they will probably sing two or three songs and will mostly be seen on stages shows. Nothing wrong with that. 

Yeah, this is what upsets me too. There's so much talent and not a lot of opportunity. I know most of them know they won't make it big, but they hope for at least something for the amount of praises they keep getting. I feel like the mentors are almost giving them false hopes with so much praise.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Dabulls23

slumgod.

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

tulipbaby53

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
Patli gali se satak jaate hai LOL

tochukumari

tochukumari

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 11:30pm | IP Logged
I love the fact that they have chosen genre singers !
Vishwajeet-Kunal can be versatile though !

music-a-muse

DiamondLife

IF-Sizzlerz

DiamondLife

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 4:48am | IP Logged
no matter what the particular singer is strong in one genre..this is competition and they have to sing all kinds of song..

I hope they have theme and challenge from each other for various songs..At least one should try to give his or her best for other type of singing..This is the platform, they can explore...
Dont be afraid of getting eliminated...

We as audience will also start complaining that he or she sings only one particular thing...
To reach out one winner they have to experiment and eliminate contestants..
As per their personal strength ..everyone knows it..they can still get chance for their genre in real life..for competition..it requires changes..not static singing..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

music-a-musetulipbaby53

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 6:03am | IP Logged

Originally posted by tulipbaby53

If anyone thought that these contestants will rock bollywood someday then forget about it. No matter how talented they are and no matter how much they got praised by the music director-cum-mentors, reality is they will probably sing two or three songs and will mostly be seen on stages shows. Nothing wrong with that. 

Yeah, this is what upsets me too. There's so much talent and not a lot of opportunity. I know most of them know they won't make it big, but they hope for at least something for the amount of praises they keep getting. I feel like the mentors are almost giving them false hopes with so much praise.
That happens every year. They go ga ga over the contestants and once the show ends they (judges) escape through Patli gali.

I know, and it's not just on this show. All of the shows do that. 

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012 Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.