Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

music-a-muse

IF-Dazzler

music-a-muse

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 2:53am | IP Logged
For the past few years, these shows have brought in singers who have some amount of versatility. may be more.Niche singers were just a  couple per show.

This time SRGMP has showcased singers, most of them who are niche singers.

Has it taken a big risk?

Are we going to hear all the singers in their own genre throughout the show.?

I don't mindSmile

Will the pattern change once voting starts?

Jazim is pure ghazal singer.

jasraj- fusion

Mohammad aman- pure classical etc etc.

Wonder how the show will pan outConfused

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

tochukumariDiamondLifeDabulls23tulipbaby53

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is SRGMP right?" in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kisanji

Groupbie

kisanji

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 5:22am | IP Logged
Base = folk songs
As per rules, the rajasthani folk singhers had to be in the show
as folk songs are for enjoyment and we enjoyed too.
They were eliminated because of surs.

kisanji

Groupbie

kisanji

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 5:24am | IP Logged
Classical songs came from folk songs. But it is again second root of singing industry which is not enough for the world.

orumadayan

orumadayan

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 4:16pm | IP Logged
I agree with the main thread. While it's nice that each singer is allowed to stay within their comfort zone, I don't see how this can identify a winner. So, what will decide who is best? Versatility? Greatest potential to succeed in their genre? Greatest potential to succeed as a playback singer? It does not seem to be clear at this point.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

music-a-museDiamondLifeDabulls23tulipbaby53

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
Somehow show needs to declare to audiance if genre singing is supported or promoted than how the winner will be chosen...We all need to know the criteria judges will be following and voting will be based on..

I just dont want them -show to make rules as they go along...Its only fair for contestants, judges, and audiance know how this contest is being played out.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

music-a-museDiamondLifetulipbaby53

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 10:02pm | IP Logged
I do think that SRGMP took a big risk in choosing genre specific contestants because in order to be successful in mainstream Bollywood singing, you have to be able to sing it all. I'm glad (and enjoying) that we get hear people like Mohammad Aman and Jazim who are so trained and wonderful in what they do, but how successful will they be after the show? I'm worried about Mohammad especially. I would hate to see a talent like his just have to go back home after a few months and pursue something else. He was born to sing. You cannot be taught what his voice naturally has. 

I think maybe at some point they will have themes each week for the contestants to sing to, and that will affect many contestants' destinies in the show. In order to be successful in Bollywood, you have to be versatile. That's why some of these contestants' may have to work harder than others to become more versatile.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

music-a-museDiamondLifeDabulls23

music-a-muse

IF-Dazzler

music-a-muse

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 10:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tulipbaby53

I do think that SRGMP took a big risk in choosing genre specific contestants because in order to be successful in mainstream Bollywood singing, you have to be able to sing it all. I'm glad (and enjoying) that we get hear people like Mohammad Aman and Jazim who are so trained and wonderful in what they do, but how successful will they be after the show? I'm worried about Mohammad especially. I would hate to see a talent like his just have to go back home after a few months and pursue something else. He was born to sing. You cannot be taught what his voice naturally has. 

I think maybe at some point they will have themes each week for the contestants to sing to, and that will affect many contestants' destinies in the show. In order to be successful in Bollywood, you have to be versatile. That's why some of these contestants' may have to work harder than others to become more versatile.

I am not very sure, i agree with that.

Bollywood is evolving, so are other music industries.

Music is changing, singers are evolving, times are changing. Everyone is adapting.

Imagine shreya singing zoobi doobi . thats the way it is.

What is the guarantee that you are versatile and still will get a job? in any of these woods?

kailash kher is a niche singer, so is sukhwinder. So is shankar mahadevan or kk or mohit chahuhan. are they all not successful?

we cannot predict audiences taste and that is it.

I feel they can continue the show as it is and forget themes etc.

let anyone be the winner.

let us all enjoy good music while the show lasts.

BTW, i do not want mohammad aman to become a bollywood singer, with his talent he will not be lost. God bless him.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Dabulls23tulipbaby53

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 10:21pm | IP Logged
I think as the times are changing the demand is changing...Reason for SRGMP going with genre singers...Atleast that is what I think..

MAM I 100% agree with your post..

I do not want Aman to be a bollywood singer unless it requires classical rendition...he is chhote ustaad IMHO...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

music-a-musetulipbaby53

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.