Forever Yours - A Rishbala FF UPDT:CH. 20 -PG. 117 - Page 73

Posted: 11 years ago
Amazing update..!!
update soon...
The suspense is building up so much... Cant wait for the next part

Lovely updates Pritt.

I'm so impatiently waiting for the next installment.
Wow really nice update Pritt.

Thanx for PM
PM me when you update.
oops.. is she suffering fom cancer??
Amazing Update
Continue Soon
Thanks For The PM
Wow really nice update.
Pl let the suspense out fast.

Thanx for PM
PM me when you update.
omg u r scaring me to hell
why do i always feel dat its gonna b tragic ending
plzzz dont do it
why isnt madhu telling him????? wat is she suffering from???????
is she suffering from cancer????
i think bcoz dis r symptoms ppl face when dey r undergoing chemo????
wud love if u make it sum less serious
waiting for ur update

IMPORTANT Note to readers: This is not the entire end! I need you all to read this part (don't worry, it's not the tragic end, this part is leading up to the happy and tragic end). At the end of this part will be two separate links. One link to the happy ending and one link to the tragic ending. You all get the choice of which ending you would like to read. I suggest if you plan to read the tragic end, then you also read the happy end afterwards, just so that it ends sweet for you all! 
Yes, the tragic ending may be more appropriate because that was the ending that was originally planned with this FF. However after many requests, I decided to give this FF two endings. Just so I can please everyone!
Yes, I know, a lot of you predicted this already! I was kind of hoping for that though, just so that it wouldn't come out to be too big of a shock for you all! For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, just read this part and you'll know!
Anyways, it's been a pleasure writing this FF for you all! Thank you all for the love, likes, and comments! Usually my FFs decreases in the amount of people who follow it. This FF however has only increased in the amount of people! So, I've decided, based on what people think of the ending to this FF, I may have a surprise for you all! 
Enjoy!

Chapter Twenty - The End

I awoke to the sound of gagging coming from the washroom. I turned to the right in bed and realized Madhu was missing.

There was slight silence and then the flush of the toilet.

Then the sound of the tap...then silence...then more gagging.

I instantly got up and ran to the washroom. The door was open; I presumed she didn't have time to close it behind her.

I saw her leaning over the sink with her hair covering the side of her face.

"Madhu?"

She slowly looked up into the mirror and then towards me.

I was horrified.

Blood.

Her lips had blood all over them.

I looked towards the sink.

More blood.

I put two and two together. She had been throwing up blood.

She mouthed sorry as she looked at me and I ran towards her. I put my hands on her shoulders to support her.

"Sorry? Madhu?! Madhu are you okay?!"

"RK..."

She was having difficulty speaking. Almost panting as she spoke.

"Stay happy..."

"What are you saying?! Nothing's going to happen to you Madhu."

"R..."

"Quiet!"

She managed to force out a slight sarcastic laugh as I looked at her in shock.

"I'm not g...going to waste...my last minute being...quiet."

"Last?! Madhu, I said qui..."

"I love you...RK."

My world came to a stop. I froze in spot and stared at her.

She spoke the words I had been trying to say to her for days.

I wanted to smile, but couldn't. Seeing her in such a condition inhibited the smile from crossing my face.

I noticed she was struggling to keep her eyes open. But I had to say it.

I put both my hands on the sides of her face and attempted to make her look at me.

She continued to struggle with keeping her eyes open. She tried to maintain consciousness.

"I lov..."

Before I could finish confessing my feelings, I felt her entire body weight in my arms.

She had fallen unconscious.

I panicked.

First I checked her breathing. She was still alive.

I picked her up and laid her in bed.

I instantly called for an ambulance.

As I waited, I washed the blood off Madhu's face while also trying to make her conscious again.

All my efforts went to waste. Nothing worked.

The ambulance arrived within minutes.

The entire way to the hospital, I held her hand. I tried to figure out what was wrong with her. But nothing came to mind.

Once we reached the hospital, the doctors instantly took Madhu into the operation theater for an emergency operation. I was puzzled. I had no idea what was wrong with her. No idea what was going on.

That's when I heard my name being called.

I turned around to see my sasural.

Sasurji was in tears, broken visibly. Sasuma was shocked, silent...but not sick.

I remembered back to Madhu telling me how her mother had cancer, how she had to take her mother for chemotherapy, how Madhu's skin became more and more pale with each passing day, how she lost hair like a dog, how she threw up blood, and how she had mouthed sorry to me...it all clicked inside of me.

In that moment, I felt the most broken I had ever felt before.

My Madhu had cancer.

My Madhu.

I sat down on the closest chair and placed my face in my palms.

I continued to tell myself that nothing would happen to her.

She'd be fine.

A couple hours passed.

Then the doctor walked out. 

Ending Links (click on whichever one you would like to read, to be directed to that particular ending):

The Tragic End

The Happy End

Edited by PrittB - 11 years ago

The Tragic Ending

I stood and stared at the doctor.

"How is she?!"

The look on his face was one I'll never forget.

I read his face before he spoke.

"I'm sorry…we couldn't save her."

My world shattered before my eyes.

The doctors walked past me and past the parents who were on the ground crying their hearts out.

I looked towards the operation theater doors.

Without a second thought, I ran through those doors as if my life were behind them.

Technically, my life was behind those doors. Madhu was behind those doors.

I stopped in my tracks when I saw a bed and a white sheet covering a figure. A familiar figure. My wife's figure…

I ran to her bedside.

It took me more than five minutes to build up the courage to remove the white sheet covering her face.

I grabbed the corner and slowly lifted it to reveal her face. Her serene, beautiful face. She seemed at peace as she slept.

I sat on the stool behind me and grabbed her hand. I looked at her sleeping so peacefully.

"I love…you too…Madhu."

I burst into tears. All the tears that had built up within the past few hours were let out.

I laid my head down on her chest and cried my heart out as her parents were outside the operation theater.

I kissed her hand. I kissed her forehead. I kissed her cheeks.

Then I very gently, gave her, her last…kiss. I laid a light, gentle kiss upon her lips as tears continued to fall from my eyes.

I laid my face next to hers. I began to whisper into her ear.

"I love you. Please don't leave me…Wake up Madhu. Wake up! I need to say sorry for yesterday! Please! I need to tell you I love you while you're conscious Madhu! BIWI! PLEASE…I still need to marry you completely! Please Madhu…If you leave me…Who's beautiful face will I see every morning when I wake up? Who's sweet scent will I smell all around me? Who's going to bring me chai when I'm sick or hurt? Who's bell-like voice will I listen to yell at me? Who's going to argue with me over little things? Who's going to…get to see how much I love you…"

I trailed off and closed my eyes in pain. She was gone. I was glad she was in a better place, a pain-free place.

But she was gone.

I didn't want to accept that she was leaving me.

So I sat by her bedside waiting for her to awake. Waiting for her to get up and yell at me for crying. Waiting to see her beautiful brown eyes stare into mine again.

I waited. And waited. And waited.

My sasural had come into the operation theater in the time I waited.

I didn't move as they said their final goodbyes while in tears. I could tell they were in denial too. In the end, sasurji had to pull sasuma away from their daughter for the last time.

Eventually the nurses came into the room.

They told me it was time to go.

I refused.

"She's going to wake up. My Madhu's a strong one, if she can deal with me, she can deal with anything. Just watch."

They insisted I leave. I continued to refuse.

They called the doctors who told me I had to go.

So many people were telling me to leave.

So I got up and started to back away while still staring at Madhu.

I watched as they covered her face again. And with the last glimpse of my wife, I instantly closed my eyes, turned around, and ran out of the hospital.

I never got to say the words to her face.

"I love you."

She beat me too it and then left me hanging…

I worked so hard to gain her love from day one, and I lost it the minute I gained it.

I never found out why she hid the truth from me.

I didn't know what I was being punished for…probably for forcing her to marry me and for treating her wrong in the first couple months. Either way, I had no choice but to accept the punishment. The punishment of pain and loneliness for the rest of my life.

This is my story.

I got one year of happiness, and many years of pain.

To this day, I still look up to the sky and towards the stars every night to remind her:

"I'm yours Madhu and only yours. Forever yours."

Edited by PrittB - 11 years ago