Arjun

India-Forums

Chandni Bar - Updated 23rd Nov (Page 3)

kaamchorni Goldie
kaamchorni
kaamchorni

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 12:51pm | IP Logged

Chapter 2

She heard a sneeze in the distance and her eyes flew open. The feeling that something was amiss dawned upon her and she blinked rapidly to adjust to the darkness. Slowly, she lifted her head and took a cursory glance around the shack.

"Arrogant son of a..." she muttered and rolled her eyes. Of course he would go off on his own first. Why trust a team comprised of the best of the best when you were Arjun Sadu-kant Raute, right?

Sighing irritably, she flung her legs over her hay bed and stood up. A sharp breeze hit her and she almost crawled back into the bed, missing arrogant super cop be damned. But another quiet sneeze put her on alert and she eyed Chotu and Shree's sleeping bodies with jealousy before grudgingly weaving around them and out of the shack.

She found herself surrounded by a looming silence and cursed quietly as she realised that she had forgotten her sandals. Rousing the slumbering wrath of Sameer Rathod was too great a risk to take and she began walking forward briskly while grumbling about the thankless nature of Arjun Raute.

A third sneeze, louder than before, unnerved her, more so because she now knew which direction to head in. She briefly analysed the dangers of what could happen if the sneezer was not Arjun and her fingers fumbled as she located the Swiss army knife in her pocket.

So busy was she in finding said knife that she did not notice the large, jagged rock in her path. She stepped right onto its sharp point and tripped over the hulk of stone, landing face first onto the dry ground with a painful thump. She waited until the sand in the air cleared before opening her eyes, only to find herself looking down into what appeared to be a remarkably deep pit. An animal trap, she assumed. She lifted her head and looked about herself frantically, thanking every force on Earth when she realised that neck down, she was still lying safely on flat ground; it was only her head that lay on the crook of the pit.

Her relief was short-lived, however, when she heard a snide voice remark, "So are you planning on continuing to make a fool of yourself or are you going to help me up too?". She looked down at the voice in surprise to see none other than Arjun himself, sitting casually at the bottom of the pit while throwing and catching little pebbles in the air.

"You know, that's quite a risky choice of tone for a grown man stuck at the bottom of a pit with no one but myself to turn to."

"Don't pat yourself on the back just yet," he drawled sarcastically, "You'll be doing little more than exhibiting some of that wonderful teamwork you're always blabbering on about".  

Her nostrils flared. "I have more than half a mind to leave you there to rot, ACP Arjun Raute. And frankly, the word 'teamwork' is quite the dirty slur coming from your lips. What the hell is the matter with you, anyway? Do you really believe yourself to be that much of a God that you cannot even rely on the rest of us - the most competent members of our respective fields, might I add - to solve a case that has been assigned to us all?" He opened his mouth to interrupt but she was on a roll. "Dear Lord, remind me to congratulate the entire ETF team on actually refraining from throttling you for constantly undermining us by going off and doing your own thing. I guess there really is a bit of a saint in everyone!"

Fuming, she ended her diatribe; her chest heaved with the exercise.

He looked up at her and stated simply, "You're right. Now, go away."

She blinked stupidly. "What?"

He rolled his eyes and continued in a flat tone, "I'm irritating and you're right, I don't give a damn about the opinions of the rest of the ETF. I also don't give a damn about your help. So once again, go away." He didn't seem angry in the slightest and she found herself at a complete loss on what to say.   

"Better leave while on a high, Riya," she muttered to herself. Aloud, she announced, "Fine. I'll be on my way then".

He nodded nonchalantly, as if she had just announced that she was going to get some ice cream, and, a little hesitantly, she began walking away from him.

He watched her leave and didn't bother telling her that she was walking in the wrong direction. She could find that out for herself.

Edited by kaamchorni - 24 August 2013 at 12:30am

The following 39 member(s) liked the above post:

sanaya_shah1998me_lovelygulsony1990butterfly7angelicdeeptibenazjdotsnivanthi2pallavisarkarlove...OMGiluvrainaartijankisoni86day_lilyDevilish.Angelabna1989krinal5chhayalDesiiiDivaaaAPRIL14immayurfankreya204shruti-lovelaila1994TheBrat-Amri--Lila-MriduBKrishnaluv94Gurmeet4Drashtidaisydee425madmadonaMiminitskaveriw2008shrutisweetyQueen.Beeshah10Radhika ShahAks13Live-life_BlackPearl_

Gurmeet4Drashti IF-Rockerz
Gurmeet4Drashti
Gurmeet4Drashti

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
That was a really good update ...
Omg love the way riya is basically cursing Arjun and she is actually fighting with him ... N don't  tell me Arjun didn't bother to tell riya that she is walking in the wrong direction ...
Hope he goes to her ...

Edited by Gurmeet4Drashti - 05 November 2012 at 1:16pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kaamchorni

kaamchorni Goldie
kaamchorni
kaamchorni

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gurmeet4Drashti

That was a really good update ...
Omg love the way riya is basically cursing Arjun and she is actually fighting with him ... N don't  tell me Arjun didn't bother to tell riya that she is walking in the wrong direction ...
Hope he goes to her ...

I love(d) that aspect of Riya in the show...she didn't sit quietly all the time but had something to say in return.
And I'm afraid he is letting her wander off. As for going to her, stay tuned ;)
_BlackPearl_ IF-Stunnerz
_BlackPearl_
_BlackPearl_

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
Great start for a story ...sounds diff, & i liked Ur writing style ...Cheers to U!!!

kaamchorni

daisydee425 IF-Rockerz
daisydee425
daisydee425

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 2:38pm | IP Logged
awesome start
riya cursing arjun
lets see what happens next

kaamchorni

immayurfan Goldie
immayurfan
immayurfan

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
nice part

kaamchorni

DivineDarkness IF-Sizzlerz
DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 2:57pm | IP Logged
great part... liked the way riya backanswered arjun... hope she wnt b n ny trouble... update soon...

kaamchorni

Krishnaluv94 IF-Rockerz
Krishnaluv94
Krishnaluv94

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 3:14pm | IP Logged
I really, really like this Riya. Sadu-kant?! Nice one, Riya! Can't wait to read more! (I know, I'm greedy.) Thank you for the update! 

kaamchorni

Go to top